• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jurassic World trailer hits the web

300 posts in this topic

I may be in the minority but I think this movie looks terrible. Everything always has to get bigger. I am sure the new genetically enhanced dinosaur will kill 5 Trex and 2 Spinosaurus in the film to prove it is even nastier which must mean this is a better movie.

meh

I may be in the minority but I think this movie looks terrible. Everything always has to get bigger. I am sure the new genetically enhanced dinosaur will kill 5 Trex and 2 Spinosaurus in the film to prove it is even nastier which must mean this is a better movie.

meh

The preview I saw looked pretty decent (for what it is). I only ever saw the first one, so I may check this one out. It's been long enough.

But, I agree with your point about everything being bigger. And you've probably described a scene eight out of the movie.

Why would they genetically engineer a new beast that's fiercer and bigger than any of the others? Wouldn't you try something a little more "friendly" if you're getting into that?

It does seem stupid. I'll redbox it at some point.

My reservations about the movie aren't in the effects (although I am getting tired of these CGI shots on green screens where the actors have nothing real to work with), but rather in the fact that this movie hits the exact same beats as the first Jurassic Park -- a greedy corporate division, stupid families allowing kids to interact with dinosaurs, children trapped in cars assaulted by predators, hunters becoming the hunted, the warm-hearted dinosaur lovers warning the park operators about the dangers of messing with life...

I don't mind nostalgia at all, but a straight "do it again, this time on steroids" approach doesn't do anything for me.

Dan

meh

The preview I saw looked pretty decent (for what it is). I only ever saw the first one, so I may check this one out. It's been long enough.

I envy you!

My reservations about the movie aren't in the effects (although I am getting tired of these CGI shots on green screens where the actors have nothing real to work with), but rather in the fact that this movie hits the exact same beats as the first Jurassic Park -- a greedy corporate division, stupid families allowing kids to interact with dinosaurs, children trapped in cars assaulted by predators, hunters becoming the hunted, the warm-hearted dinosaur lovers warning the park operators about the dangers of messing with life...

I don't mind nostalgia at all, but a straight "do it again, this time on steroids" approach doesn't do anything for me.

Dan

I agree. Theaters are doing really well right now across the board - they're building new ones all over - but there will probably be a backlash some time soon as people get over saturated with weak story telling.

No reviews in two days out...NEVER a good sign, virtually always means they're hiding it from reviewers because they're convinced they'll just trash it. :(

Oh, and the director is already distancing himself from future films. :eek:

http://collider.com/jurassic-park-5-colin-trevorrow-not-returning-to-direct/?_r=true