• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jurassic World trailer hits the web

300 posts in this topic

Just got back from the theaters. Loved it! The movie goes by very fast, and had me sucked in from the beginning. Lots of far fetched moments, but what can you really expect? Needless to say, not as good as the first (that movie was pure magic), but light years ahead of the last two films.

We saw it twice already with different groups of friends. Loved the Dr. Malcolm cameo.

You might have to explain that one...

Early tram scene. A young girl was reading a book and his picture was on the dust jacket (back cover).

We saw it twice already with different groups of friends. Loved the Dr. Malcolm cameo.

Early tram scene. A young girl was reading a book and his picture was on the dust jacket (back cover).

Didn't see that...

Didn't see that...

Me either. Good catch!

I'm watching The Lost World: Jurassic Park right now and I'm liking it better than I did in '97. The late Pete Postlehwaite really reminds me of my hunter dad in it. Really getting excited to see the new one with all the great reviews on here.

Yea, I enjoyed Lost World mostly because of Postlethwaite. His hunter character had a lot of screen time and was compelling.

I'm watching The Lost World: Jurassic Park right now and I'm liking it better than I did in '97. The late Pete Postlehwaite really reminds me of my hunter dad in it

I really liked him, he was one of the best things in that movie.

When they aired it on T.V. a few years ago they added a deleted scene featuring his character that was pretty cool. I don't know if that scene is on the blu-ray or not, it's worth checking out.

I actually prefer the directors cut of the Lost World over the theatrical release.

Yeah, the cut scene I saw was pretty good, surprised they cut it. I guess all it does is further establish that his character is burnt-out and doesn't feel there's any challenges worth facining. Probably felt they had sufficiently established that and the scene just took up time. But I liked it.

I was doing other stuff at the time so I didn't get to watch the whole movie. Kinda makes me want to track down the Directer's Cut now.

Agreed--that deleted Postlethwaite scene was better than a bunch of the scenes still in the film. Established him as twice the badass that the rest of the scenes did.

BOX OFFICE: JURASSIC WORLD Beats AVENGERS 2 With 2nd Biggest Domestic Bow Ever

It seems people do still care about dinosaurs after all. Universal's Jurassic World has taken a bite out of its competition and raked in a massive $204.6 million on its first weekend of release stateside. This puts it ahead of Marvel's Avengers: Age Of Ultron and sets a record as the second biggest domestic opening in history behind The Avengers, which took in $207.4M back in May 2012.

Dinosaurs and big monsters, when handled right, sure seem to bring the box office dollars.

Xenozoic Tales. Please. Sometime in my life.

:wishluck:

Dinosaurs and big monsters, when handled right, sure seem to bring the box office dollars.

May be sooner then you think, Half a billion worldwide in one weekend! :o

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/14/jurassic-world-becomes-first-movie-ever-to-gross-over-500-millio/

Didn't see that...

He also appears in a picture on one of the desks in the movie as well.

It seems people do still care about dinosaurs after all. Universal's Jurassic World has taken a bite out of its competition and raked in a massive $204.6 million on its first weekend of release stateside. This puts it ahead of Marvel's Avengers: Age Of Ultron and sets a record as the second biggest domestic opening in history behind The Avengers, which took in $207.4M back in May 2012.

Won't matter when the biggest blowout comes 12-25-15.

All records will be destroyed.

Alvin and the Chipmunks The Road Chip, Point Break (2015) or Snowden?

I was thinking 12/18/2015 with Star Wars: The Force Awakens was going to be huge. But I've been hearing good things about these other three. Especially about Alvin and team.

:baiting:

May be sooner then you think, Half a billion worldwide in one weekend! :o

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/14/jurassic-world-becomes-first-movie-ever-to-gross-over-500-millio/

Damn,it made Disney money this weekend :o

This doesn't look good for Pixars' Inside Out :eek:

It's been a great year for Universal.

Alvin and the Chipmunks The Road Chip, Point Break (2015) or Snowden?

I was thinking 12/18/2015 with Star Wars: The Force Awakens was going to be huge. But I've been hearing good things about these other three. Especially about Alvin and team.

:baiting:

There's gonna be another Chipmunk movie!?! :headbang::ohnoez::headbang:

Just want to put this here. It is a pretty great deal.

Jurassic World Premiere Pack

"This Premiere Pack comes with an Amazon Digital HD copy of Jurassic Park (1993). Additionally, within 24 hours of your purchase, you will be emailed promotional codes to redeem a $15 total value Fandango movie ticket to see Jurassic World in theaters, as well as the Blu-ray Combo Pack pre-order of Jurassic World."

You will receive a code to use for when you pre-order the Blu Ray pack. I believe you will still have to pay for shipping unless you are a Prime member.