• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

midtown comics two books bought to restored and trimmed

31 posts in this topic

Yup Chris it was my ASM 300. CT on spine. There is an Avengers #1 they have in the Times Square store there listed for $7,200 or so dollars. It's a fine at best. I went through it, it has rust on the bottom staple. I mentioned that to the manager and said that Alex needs to adjust that'/watch for that because once the rust passes to the paper the book is in a ton of trouble. His response, put the book back up on the wall. It's still listed at $7,200... I've given up on buying back issues from them that are more than $30 bucks.

I am asking those who have been to midtown comics. They have changed and I bought I fine to vf xmen 2..I sent it to cgc got back a 4.5 with glue on center page. And an xmen 94 that got a 7.5 but right side trimmed. I will call them but sold as unrestored. Now I'm one of many that I've heard have delt with this. ...buyer beware but should I ask for money back and ship them the comic? I tend to lean toward lesson learned never again. But just your thoughts. Happy Thanksgiving

I would never buy older books from Midtown and they have a wide selection of silver age, but their grading is suspect. For example they had an X-men #1 for sale at $4000 before they sent it to CGC, no takers. They sent the book to CGC, and the book came back restored 4.5, and they put the same price sticker back on the book. It still sits in the store till this day.

Midtown is in a high traffic location and can expect to get a high premium on whatever they sell so high prices doesn't necessarily mean high grades.

If there is a problem with the book just give them a call and explain the problem.

I am asking those who have been to midtown comics. They have changed and I bought I fine to vf xmen 2..I sent it to cgc got back a 4.5 with glue on center page. And an xmen 94 that got a 7.5 but right side trimmed. I will call them but sold as unrestored. Now I'm one of many that I've heard have delt with this. ...buyer beware but should I ask for money back and ship them the comic? I tend to lean toward lesson learned never again. But just your thoughts. Happy Thanksgiving

You need to give them a chance to make it right.

Well that was much nicer than him and Rob accusing me of restoring my book. O and be careful of the $7000 Avengers 1 hanging up in the store. It has rust on the staple. I brought this to their attention and they made sure to put it right back up on the wall (thumbs u