• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

Images for the summer sets have officially been released...

There is also a new listing for a Dr Strange set... I had plans to modify / rebuild / repurpose an extra Lego #10218 (Pet Shop / Brownstone) into a Sanctum Sanctorum... but I will probably want to see what the official version looks like as I will probably find some useful parts in the official set.

26262470320_536a518704_z.jpg

26262470180_cb8f0902a1_z.jpg

26469262851_d95e42794a_z.jpg

76059-1.jpg

76058-1.jpg

31051-1.jpg

76055-1.jpg

76054-1.jpg

31052-1.jpg

75147-1.jpg

75148-1.jpg

75151-1.jpg

75149-1.jpg

That Ghost Rider, Hobby and Spidey set is bad !!!

Also totally getting the Spidey bridge set!!

I'll have to post a pic of my sets later. Forgot about this thread!

How are we feeling on the knock off Lego dudes? They look like the legit sets!

Depends on the maker of the bricks. I bought a few sets to see what the deal was.

The bricks "feel" cheap. There is definitely a difference. I noticed a slightly oily feel to many of them. I also noticed that they did not have the exact bonding / or grip to their own make of bricks let alone Lego. They also have a distinct smell. It is hard to describe. It is not an offensive odor but there is a definitely something there.

Now the minifigures are a different story. There seem to be two types of mini figures. The ones that are from many of those sets are of similar types as the bricks themselves.

However, I have begun to see some high quality versions out there lately. The figures are printed with new deco's and are sealed making the design as durable as a standard lego minifigure if not more durable actually. You can definitely tell the difference when you have them in hand between the high quality knock offs and the cheaply made ones.

Lego is definitley th

Images for the summer sets have officially been released...

There is also a new listing for a Dr Strange set... I had plans to modify / rebuild / repurpose an extra Lego #10218 (Pet Shop / Brownstone) into a Sanctum Sanctorum... but I will probably want to see what the official version looks like as I will probably find some useful parts in the official set.

26262470320_536a518704_z.jpg

26262470180_cb8f0902a1_z.jpg

26469262851_d95e42794a_z.jpg

76059-1.jpg

76058-1.jpg

31051-1.jpg

76055-1.jpg

76054-1.jpg

31052-1.jpg

75147-1.jpg

75148-1.jpg

75151-1.jpg

75149-1.jpg

That Ghost Rider, Hobby and Spidey set is bad !!!

Also totally getting the Spidey bridge set!!

I'll have to post a pic of my sets later. Forgot about this thread!

How are we feeling on the knock off Lego dudes? They look like the legit sets!

Depends on the maker of the bricks. I bought a few sets to see what the deal was.

The bricks "feel" cheap. There is definitely a difference. I noticed a slightly oily feel to many of them. I also noticed that they did not have the exact bonding / or grip to their own make of bricks let alone Lego. They also have a distinct smell. It is hard to describe. It is not an offensive odor but there is a definitely something there.

Now the minifigures are a different story. There seem to be two types of mini figures. The ones that are from many of those sets are of similar types as the bricks themselves.

However, I have begun to see some high quality versions out there lately. The figures are printed with new deco's and are sealed making the design as durable as a standard lego minifigure if not more durable actually. You can definitely tell the difference when you have them in hand between the high quality knock offs and the cheaply made ones.

Lego is definitley th

I was more interested in the minififures. I've seen a bunch on eBay as sets of figures and there are a lot compared to what the brand name offers, but quality is an obvious factor. Any sellers/dealers you guys know who have high quality minis?

FkysG7G.png

:whee:

Chinese knock off. The backpack is the wrong color and the hands are too shiny plasticy... the hands are ill fitted to the arm hole as well.

Cool piece though... as I do not think Lego will EVER make a deadpool figure again.

Chinese knock off. The backpack is the wrong color and the hands are too shiny plasticy... the hands are ill fitted to the arm hole as well.

Cool piece though... as I do not think Lego will EVER make a deadpool figure again.

I was just excited to purchase a Deadpool Lego figure. I wasn't concerned if it was the 'Wolverine's Chopper Showdown' original. But thanks for all that.

I just found this thread and had a few things to share.

A few months ago I went too a charity dinner in Hartford and one of the silent auction items was the Ghostbusters garage and a private tour of the lego campus. I am not a Lego collector by any means but knowing how much my 6 and 3 year old love Legos I was intent on winning it (even though the Ghostbuster garage is way out of their age range coupled with the fact that they have no idea what Ghostbusters is). So I ended up winning the garage plus the tour and we are looking forward to that experience in the coming weeks!

The other thing I wanted to share are two display sets I have. Below are the pictures of the Star Wars set and the other I believe is Lego Castle or Knights (I forget but if there is interest I can certainly share photos of that set as well.

IMG_4136%201.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

I do NOT have Lego Dimensions the video game...

However... I had to preorder this from Amazon... I cannot help but wonder if we are going to get a fully licensed van and A-Team...

Lego Dimensions: A-Team Van with B.A. Baracus

I could not pass up an officially licensed Mr. T. Lego Minifigure and A-Team van for under $11 (Prime members get 20% off discount) and free shipping.

26944800214_4f23697c8e_z.jpg

Lego is giving us the following properties in Lego Dimensions - The A-Team, ET (Yes the Alien), Sonic the Hedgehog and others... These will be very basic figure and mini vehicle sets.

Also... Lego Ideas has come to decide on the next fan designed sets to be made into a retail product.

Watch the video and what goes into it or select the spoiler:

(One of the sets will be 1 meter tall)

The Beatles: Yellow Submarine and the Apollo 11 Saturn Rocket

Voted for the Yellow Submarine; glad it made the cut... (thumbs u

Beatles licensing is expensive. I am afraid as to what that set will cost. I am guessing that the Yellow Submarine will retail at $69.99.

SO if you say have like an incredible amount of loose legos..

some grouped into sets some not..

What is the best way to unload that sort of thing??

I have been picking them up when I can and usually give sealed boxes to the grandkids..but literally have two black lawn bags full of random sets mostly sorted by sets into bags unless my husband got hold of them..he is a doofus and sorts them ALL together by color..I like to keep them in sets with the manual and stuff..

so..thoughts on it??

I have a lot of minifigs too but mostly Star Wars ones..and Comic related..

SO if you say have like an incredible amount of loose legos..

some grouped into sets some not..

What is the best way to unload that sort of thing??

I have been picking them up when I can and usually give sealed boxes to the grandkids..but literally have two black lawn bags full of random sets mostly sorted by sets into bags unless my husband got hold of them..he is a doofus and sorts them ALL together by color..I like to keep them in sets with the manual and stuff..

so..thoughts on it??

I have a lot of minifigs too but mostly Star Wars ones..and Comic related..

I was in that same situation (and a beautiful one, to myself at least)... here's how I handled it...

Great looking mini-figs by the way... (thumbs u

Holy Jalapeño

That is keen I will have to look at that more intently when I have the computer and not my tiny phone screen...

I started finding them and buying them I usually give sets in box to the grandkids

But some of these are nice sets like big Xwing fighters and castles etc etc..

Some are older and I can't seem to give them to an 8 yr old..

New ones (like the ghost buster one I got minty fresh) that are too cool..I kind of keep for me..lol

A lot of people sell them bagged as a set with the instructions I try to snap them up are cheap enough

Last thrift store grab had an awesome bunch of Star Wars minis..I cannot be sure the ships and stuff are complete

Some of the really old stuff looks dated (I have a boxed set of pieces and like random small pieces from 80's did a big pick a few months back and got a lot..

Then I bought a bunch of bioncles like 18 new in can type deals and since then have a trash bag full of them now too..

I know it probably sounds bad I put them into trash bags but they were in individual bags and I had to find a way to keep my husband out of them..

He went through all the one vintage lot which was castles and such in sorted boxes..

And he dumped them all together and sorted the bricks by color into bags instead..

Which makes no sense..if you have a space play set you should keep it together not sort it into the box with the castle..so while he wasn't looking I bagged them into a closet

I thought those mini figures were too cool..

And then After I posted them I said...wait maybe they have some ideas on getting them gone..

Yay thanks

It depends what you are doing with the pieces. There are many pieces that are designed for space but then later find use in other sets. I know of one of the modular designs that makes use of dark grey colored frogs and situates them upside down to incorporate as part of the design in models architecture.

The Scooby Doo mystery machine van set utilizes angled bricks and slopes that were most commonly used originally for aircraft / spacecraft hull slopes.

It's the beauty of Lego.