• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

They already started the year off with two big sets. The latest entry in the modular series is the Bank priced at $170 and the Ghostbusters firehouse was there today priced at $350.

Those rarely drop in price though as they are usually "special" sets so I wait for double points or a loophole in another incentive or discount program.

Thanks for the like on the review btw

(thumbs u

I am a fan of the Firehouse (it is epic), but I am a vehicle collector at heart.

:wishluck:

for Starkiller base!

Im going to be really bummed if the retired Death Star is replaced by a UCS version that isn't a "playset". My daughter has been begging for one but she wants to PLAY! If they go UCS then I'll be left to the reseller hounds!

Im going to be really bummed if the retired Death Star is replaced by a UCS version that isn't a "playset". My daughter has been begging for one but she wants to PLAY! If they go UCS then I'll be left to the reseller hounds!

I feel yah, but I love the UCS sets!

FYI - I still see the Death Star playable set all over the place in Toys-r-us and other various stores.

The word's been out for a little while now on 'that character' finally appearing. But I'll post the image in spoilers anyway.

You may want to do the same with the Avenjet set you posted. There are two characters shown which have been talked about as potential appearances in Infinity Wars, but not confirmed yet.

MVyIDjH.jpg

Vh4x2iu.png

BnQcGN3.png

The word's been out for a little while now on 'that character' finally appearing. But I'll post the image in spoilers anyway.

You may want to do the same with the Avenjet set you posted. There are two characters shown which have been talked about as potential appearances in Infinity Wars, but not confirmed yet.

MVyIDjH.jpg

Vh4x2iu.png

BnQcGN3.png

As a current LEGO VIP member and seeker of all things Marvel and Star Wars - I have been following the 2016 sets closely. I was able to get my hands on a few sets early from local stores after I found out Lego stores were holding back to sell existing stock. The Avenjet set is not based on any movie current or future - it is a spoiler for the upcoming season of the animated series, not an MCU movie. Marvel is again releasing sets based on animation like it did with Ultimate Spiderman. If you look at the top right corner they are using the Avengers Assemble cartoon series logo and images so it can explain using that universe.

I will post pics of some completed Star Wars sets later today.

As a current LEGO VIP member and seeker of all things Marvel and Star Wars - I have been following the 2016 sets closely. I was able to get my hands on a few sets early from local stores after I found out Lego stores were holding back to sell existing stock. The Avenjet set is not based on any movie current or future - it is a spoiler for the upcoming season of the animated series, not an MCU movie. Marvel is again releasing sets based on animation like it did with Ultimate Spiderman. If you look at the top right corner they are using the Avengers Assemble cartoon series logo and images so it can explain using that universe.

I definitely look forward to seeing the pictures. I'm a Lego VIP member as well. But honestly, I do not take advantage of that membership enough.

As far as writing off the kit laying the groundwork for the future of the MCU. I do a little research on comic book movies and TV shows. The talk has been a certain character is going to be rolled out as the new leader of the Avengers in time for Infinity War. Especially since some of the current Avengers actors are getting up in years, along with a few not extending their contracts.

Plus hints of another character making his way into the MCU. A few folks on comicbookmovie.com have posted about talking with insiders about this, and getting hints but no definite confirmation. Could he and a team he is associated with become the next GotG? TBD.

One reason none of the new kits can clearly call out any association with Avengers: Infinity War is the first movie is over two years out (May 2018). Plenty of time for Marvel to lock down its plans, marketing and partner roadmaps to take advantage of this fantastic universe. Time enough to build interest in new characters until then through comics, animation and - you guessed it - LEGO kits.

:whee:

MVyIDjH.jpg

Vh4x2iu.png

BnQcGN3.png

Not really... the set with Captain Marvel is a Marvel Universe set much like the Spider-man one released with Luke Cage, Mary Jane and a Ultimate Spider-man like Green Goblin. The one you posted is a directly marketed Civil War set. Either way, I am uploading something today that was leaked today.

Not a spoiler but this is a set that will set you back a couple of hundred. This is most likely a summer 2016 set. Guess what kids, you are finally getting 60's Batman. Now, why wouldn't I be pleased that this is being made? I am... but I feel that this is receiving a poor representation of the what it could be. But that is alright. This is Lego and it is screaming for a full size mansion to be built atop the cave.

12402101_1689409031272585_1745846525616826224_o.jpg

12493649_1689408997939255_1686434788023923722_o.jpg

I definitely look forward to seeing the pictures. I'm a Lego VIP member as well. But honestly, I do not take advantage of that membership enough.

As far as writing off the kit laying the groundwork for the future of the MCU. I do a little research on comic book movies and TV shows. The talk has been a certain character is going to be rolled out as the new leader of the Avengers in time for Infinity War. Especially since some of the current Avengers actors are getting up in years, along with a few not extending their contracts.

Plus hints of another character making his way into the MCU. A few folks on comicbookmovie.com have posted about talking with insiders about this, and getting hints but no definite confirmation. Could he and a team he is associated with become the next GotG? TBD.

One reason none of the new kits can clearly call out any association with Avengers: Infinity War is the first movie is over two years out (May 2018). Plenty of time for Marvel to lock down its plans, marketing and partner roadmaps to take advantage of this fantastic universe. Time enough to build interest in new characters until then through comics, animation and - you guessed it - LEGO kits.

:whee:

Sorry for the lateness:

IMG_20160110_1214304_zpsup3zqtfk.jpg

IMG_20160110_1216140_zpsi3cjqwcc.jpg

IMG_20160110_1216213_zps0p0uw3nc.jpg

Agreed... I may simply download the instructions to get a proper build of the batmobile...

If I can get only one it will probably be the Ghostbusters Firehouse... That seems to be the best bang for the buck.

Lego VIP email hit yesterday with these little beauties.

2id6lkq.png

$12.99

XHbpkmP.png

Pw4RbWj.png

YZlrqwE.png

$59.99

kW1VtJb.png

1MbhjS6.png

The Batwing box was posted earlier. Cool to see the assembled kit, though. I want this!

Reports from London Toy Fair are in... No pics but here are the descriptions of all sets from now until SDCC... Sourced from www.thebrickfan.com

The 2016 London Toy Fair has kicked off and it looks like our friends over at Brick Fanatics has the initial scoop of some of the LEGO sets that have been shown off to invited attendees. Again, photography is not allowed in the LEGO booth so we’ll have to wait a few days for the Nuremberg Toy Fair to see them. Note that these sets do correspond to some of the rumor posts I have previously done. Stay tuned as I’ll keep this post updated when more news come in.

Bionicle

Simpler storyline and 4 22-minute Netflix movies.

City

Airport sub-theme

Passenger Terminal (60104) – £79.99

Starter Set (60100) – £8.99 – Includes 4 minifigures

Cargo Place (60101) – £17.99

VIP Service (60102) – £39.99 – Includes a private jet and a white limo.

Airshow (60103) – £69.99 – Includes 6 minifigures in a stunt show set with Red Arrow planes and an orange bi-plane.

New sub-theme called Volcano Explorers. Lime and yellow colored rocks.

Volcano Starter Set (60120) – £8.99

Exploration Truck (60121) – £14.99

Volcano Crawler (60122) – £24.99

Volcano Supply Helicopter (60123) – £39.99

Volcano Research Base (60124) – £79.99

Creator

Dual Rotor Helicopter (31049) – £19.99

Cape Lighthouse (31051) – £39.99 – Includes brick-built whale and a lighthouse

Vacation Getaways (31052) – £49.99 – White and blue RV and a brick-built bear

Tree House Adventures (31053) – £24.99

DC Comics Super Heroes

Scarecrow’s Harvest of Fear (76054) – £59.99 – Includes Scarecrow, Batman, Killer Moth, and a farmer. Set has a Bat-copter and Scarecrow’s combine harvester.

Killer Croc’s Sewer Smash (76055) – £69.99 – Includes a bigfig Killer Croc, Captain Boomerang, Red Hood, and Katana.

Disney Princess

Belle’s Enchanted Castle (41067) – Includes Belle, Beast, Mrs. Pott, Cup, Cogsworth, and Lumiere.

Elves

Precious Crystal Mine (41177) – £24.99

Dragon Sanctuary (41178) – £34.99

Queen Dragon’s Rescue (41179) – £59.99

Ragana’s Magic Shadow Castle (41180)

Friends

Foal’s Washing Station (41123) – £8.99

Puppy Daycare (41124) – £24.99

Horse Trailer (41125) – £34.99

Horse Riding Club (41126) – £49.99

New amusement park sub-theme

Amusement Park Arcade (41127) – £12.99

Amusement Park Space Ride (41128) – £17.99

Amusement Park Hot Dog Stand (41129) – £24.99

Amusement Park Roller Coaster (41130) – £89.99

Juniors

Batman and Superman vs Lex Luthor (70724) – £29.99 – Includes old versions of Batman, Superman, and Lex Luthor

Marvel Super Heroes

Web Warrior’s Bridge Battle (76057) – £99.99 – Includes Spiderman, Spider girl, Scarlet spider, Aunt May, Green Goblin, and Scorpion. Set includes a New York taxi falling through a hole in a bridge.

Ghost Rider Team-Up (76058) – £19.99 – Includes Spiderman, Ghost Rider, and Hobgoblin. Set includes Ghost Rider’s bike about the size of Wyldstyle’s bike and the Goblin Glider. Ghost Rider’s chains are the normal ones but in trans-orange.

Doc Ock’s Tentacle Trap (76059) – £44.99 – Includes Spiderman, Classic Doc Ock, White Tiger, Captain Stacy, and Vulture. Doctor Octopus has a mech.

Doctor Strange (xxxxx) – £34.99 – Vignette-style set of Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum based on the upcoming movie. Has bookshelves, a table, and a portal with a “red tentacle demon beast” coming through. They couldn’t make out the minifigures but I have a feeling that they might be Doctor Strange, Wong, and the demon could be either Dormammu or Shuma-Gorath.

Nexo Knights

The Glob Lobber (70318) – £7.99

Macy’s Thunder Mace (70319) – £17.99

Aaron’s Aero Striker (70320) – £29.99

General Magmar’s Siege Machine (70321) – £34.99

Axl’s Tower Carrier (70322)

Jestro’s Volcano Lair (70323) – £99.99

Ultimate Axl (70336) – £6.99

Ultimate Lance (70337) – £6.99

Ultimate General Magmar (70338) – £6.99

Ultimate Flama (70339) – £6.99

Ninjago

Titanium Ninja Tumbler (70588) – £24.99

Cole’s Rock Raider (70589) – £34.99

Kryptarium Breakout (70591) – £17.99

Ronin Mech (70592) – £34.99

loyd’s Green Dragon (70593) – £39.99

Lighthouse Siege Defense (70594) – £59.99

Stealth Raider 2.0 (70595) – £79.99

Star Wars

Eclipse Fighter (75145) – £34.99 – Includes 2 minifigures. Based on new LEGO Star Wars IP.

Star Scavenger (75147) – £49.99 – Includes 4 minifigures. Set also has a mini salvage vehicle. Based on new LEGO Star Wars IP.

Encounter on Jakku (75148) – £49.99 – Includes Unkar Plutt, Rey, BB-8, Teedo, and a brick-built Luggabeast. The Force Awakens set where Rey encounters Teedo riding a Luggabeast while he’s capturing BB-8.

Resistance X-Wing Fighter (75149) – £79.99 – Includes 4 minifigures. The blue and white/gray version of The Force Awakens X-Wing.

Darth Vadar’s TIE Advanced (75150) – £29.99 – Includes 4 minifigures. Set has Vader’s TIE Advanced and an A-Wing.

clone Turbo Tank (75151) – £99.99 – Includes 6 minifigures.

Captain Rex’s AT-TE Walker (75157) – £99.99 – Includes 5 minifigures.

TECHNIC

Volvo EW (42053) – £69.99 – Pneumatic digger

Class Xerion 5000 Trac (42054) – £119.99

Bucket Wheel Excavator (42055) – £179.99 – 3,000+ piece set

Confidential Technic Ultramotive (42056) – £249.99 – Sportscar that is similar to a McLaren body type.

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-london-toy-fair-2016-set-details/#sthash.DrvRAEEy.dpuf

Edited by Buzzetta