• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

7th? If you have 8 I would imagine that you could have enough parts to do a complete 2x of one...

yeah?

Yes I do! I would have an 8th one, but I have parted it out. I am working on one with the Big Bang Theory in it, Darth in a portapotty holding a roll of tp.

I need to finish what I started. I am still a torso, head and legs away from a giant size Galactus minifigure. All I ever completed were the arms.

However, I did pick up the old Hoth base for the interiors in case I pick up the 2016 Hoth set then create a full size Echo base. I need to get rid of a few boxes of stuff to do that though. Only then would I hit up brick link for lots of those mountain pieces.

I would also need some inspiration for a lego minifig version of a Rebel Transport or two. I want big enough for minifigures and some equipment but nothing too big like I've seen online. It would be about the length of the AT-AT.

I halted the project because I was not satisfied with a red and blue version and the purple bricks are hard to come by let alone made in the pieces I would need. I also ran into a few problems designing the torso to emulate the patterns on his chest in a clean way that.

What I was thinking of was a basic snot technique with a plate apron with wing parts.

The head was attempted but I did not like it and was disassembled. I will pick it up again soon.

I halted the project because I was not satisfied with a red and blue version and the purple bricks are hard to come by let alone made in the pieces I would need. I also ran into a few problems designing the torso to emulate the patterns on his chest in a clean way that.

What I was thinking of was a basic snot technique with a plate apron with wing parts.

The head was attempted but I did not like it and was disassembled. I will pick it up again soon.

Sounds like a very nice project, Buzz! I agree, those purple bricks are hard to get... :pullhair:

Have you tried putting it through a virtual modeling program, via LDraw or MLCAD?

Sounds like a very nice project, Buzz! I agree, those purple bricks are hard to get... :pullhair:

Have you tried putting it through a virtual modeling program, via LDraw or MLCAD?

Yes, the one thing I am completely inept at is linking up things in LDraw no matter how often I rotate the screen. I understand how to use it and have the mindset to realize what I want it to look like in three dimensional space. The problem is actually making everything align on the computer screen. I am always one stud off or it is it is a plate level too high or something like that and it throws everything off.

Yes, the one thing I am completely inept at is linking up things in LDraw no matter how often I rotate the screen. I understand how to use it and have the mindset to realize what I want it to look like in three dimensional space. The problem is actually making everything align on the computer screen. I am always one stud off or it is it is a plate level too high or something like that and it throws everything off.

Understandable... I was working on a wing variation for set #7181 using MLCAD; a small group of parts wouldn't line up like I wanted... may take a bit of playing around with the program...

I purchased the 'Clash of the Heroes' mini kit.

Ixe9h5W.png

For $13, Lego put a lot into this little set. There are 92 pieces. And even the capes are nice material. And the Batman figure can be with or without armor, and if you put his head under a little and then put his helmet back on his eyes glow.

A really nice little set!

I purchased the 'Clash of the Heroes' mini kit.

Ixe9h5W.png

For $13, Lego put a lot into this little set. There are 92 pieces. And even the capes are nice material. And the Batman figure can be with or without armor, and if you put his head under a little and then put his helmet back on his eyes glow.

A really nice little set!

Looks good! May run out and purchase a couple. Thanks for sharing! (thumbs u

On brickset.com they are saying that the Mystery Minifig series 15 are going to be recalled.

Was reading about that situation on Bricklink .com after viewing your post, Vader... seemed confusing to me as to why TLG would recall those... hm

Here's an update in regards to that "recall"...

Anyone making any purchases during the double VIP points promo? I'm thinking of picking up the Ghostbusters Firehouse.

Been VERY tempted... but there were a couple of other things on my hitlist.

Probably going to get the Modular Houses: Bank, another Ford Mustang, and maybe a couple of other things to kitbash.

Anyone making any purchases during the double VIP points promo? I'm thinking of picking up the Ghostbusters Firehouse.

Yup, I picked up 2 Simpsons house, 2 more ewok villages, cinema palaces, pet shops parissan restaraunts, kwik e mart, classic batman, and a few others.

Yup, I picked up 2 Simpsons house, 2 more ewok villages, cinema palaces, pet shops parissan restaraunts, kwik e mart, classic batman, and a few others.

I envy the infinite space you must have lol

Minifig Set 15 proved fruitful

2 Ninjas

1 Guy on Crutches

1 Queen

1 Dark Knight

1 Skunk Catcher

1 Hawkman

1 Robot Hawkman enemy

1 Cat burglar

1 Sharkman - yup - Sharkman

31346B6E-A544-4D1B-AB37-578D253AF048.jpg