• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

It's official, the Death Star 10188 is now done. What ever they have in stock is it. So if you want one, you'd better pick up one.

wonder if they'll replace it with a Force Awakens Starkiller base?

I saw a few of them in the store this week, but man $400 is a lot, regardless of it being discontinued...

Ok so my local toy store here in Belgium must not have known that these arent supposed to hit the shelves until Jan 1. I spoiler tagged the ones related to Force Awakens.

(there were also two new Frozen sets if that's your thing, and the new Lego City theme had some kick-butt Prison Island sets. Like Alcatraz.

I think these are supposed to retail $30-35

very cool set, the escape pod opens so the figures can play in it.

85J54df.jpg

my favorite set for sure. you can put the Han minifig in and then when he drops down it spins around and comes up with the carbonite block.

h4fRQqz.jpg

I love hoth, so this one is great for sure

VYMXWO2.jpg

Some mini-sets (think they're supposed to retail around $15)

vaguely Force Awakens-y, so spoiler tags

xaAHla2.jpg

152di69.jpg

FYI, the 2nd set is not Force Awakens and the 1st one has nothing to do with what's in the movie. You'd have been safe posting either one normally. :foryou:

I saw someone complain at someone else for saying they liked the movie cause that was a "spoiler" Im not taking any chances!

Supposedly Lego is supposed to do a UCS Death Star sometime in 2016. Not sure if it will be starkiller base or not but it seems like it will happen from what I read.

From what I have heard that is going to be a UCS. It's going to be an expensive year with Lego. The Ghostbusters Firehouse, The Bank, Star Wars, Marvel Superheroes(THANOS), and a few others.

2016 Lego sets are on the shelves at Barnes and Noble... most interesting were the Batman v Superman sets... I was under the impression that the street date for those would be closer toward the movie release. Guess I was wrong or they are REALLY shipping early. The Marvel sets are cool in hand but not definite pickups in my eyes. As always the SW army builders are great for dioramas and that single pack Snowspeeder is actually interesting... hm

There were many others including the creator and city sets but I figured you would all be most interested in the comic book related stuff.

I am waiting for deep Amazon discounts or Lego double points months before I pick anything, including the Ghostbusters Firehouse or the Modular bank up.

8B5A7949-C539-4DC6-BCE2-BDB0D5D382B0.jpg

1FBFA3F3-3EC4-45E1-9B2F-8F886CED1C5F.jpg

C8945EC5-7720-4F71-96EA-B7F2AAF94020.jpg

4B72E9B6-EF23-49A4-BD44-A9E72960B419.jpg

hm

Will be reviewing this in a little bit. I've wanted one of these since they first released the pic of the actual Batmobile for the movie. Let me say... the movie could absolutely perform like a vacuum and I still think the Batmobile is pretty amazing. Pics and review to follow.

F3EAD748-A612-419F-A34A-7C85FD771747.jpg

Ok... this will not include any spoilers... a warning though. If the accompanying comic book is any indication of the plot (which will not be pictured) then the set will have spoilers so be careful before you open it if you purchase the set. Sorry for the delay... had to get some stuff ready and I am off to another Phish show. Hope you all enjoy it. Comments are appreciated and questions can be answered.

Lego 76045: Kryptonite Interception

Lego Retail: $29.99 USA (More in Canada) (Even more in Europe)

Pieces: 306

Overall it is a decent set and a fun one to add to your collection or display. It works for the casual fan as well as those looking for a cool desk toy and blows the last Batmobile out of the water. I would like to have seen a lower price point but such is life right now. If you need it now, then buy the set. If you can wait a good six months or Christmas time then wait for the eventual $24.99 discount through Amazon. What do I rate it?

4.2 - Definitely worth picking up.

Build 3/5 (Nothing special here)

Design 5/5 (I dig this thing)

Minifigures 5/5 (Frank Miller DK design carries it to a five)

Playability 5/5 (These things usually just sit there on my desk as I type. - I found myself pushing it around. Don't judge)

Price 3/5 (Should have ben $24.99 right out the gate)

FULL REVIEW WITH PICS HERE:

DC7A2C6C-9C51-4935-A3D1-4AE5BECD6CB9.jpg

Front and Back of the Box as well as the Instruction Booklets

F3EAD748-A612-419F-A34A-7C85FD771747.jpg

1B6BF0CC-F0BE-4605-9E4A-8ECDAA641770.jpg

FB5D6591-44F1-4E6E-A575-6DB46D4F23EE_1.jpg

The first bag contains the forklift, the pallet along with the kryptonite. The forklift includes an exploding feature that launches the driver off the seat along with headlights that double as flick fire missiles so something can shoot back at Batman. I guess if someone were to arm a forklift with missiles it would be Lex Luthor. Other than that the forklift does not appear to be of anything special. The main feature is coming up.

AF6F88E5-FD90-4873-BA87-7BC19B2BCB74.jpg

FA24AF65-A441-4233-9381-69B9C6B90F59.jpg

74F26E9D-C5F2-4E38-A838-BE1D76E89DE4.jpg

The second and third bag combine to make the bread and butter of the set. This is your new Batmobile. The second bag creates the chassis while the third bag contains the parts for your armor, fins, cockpit cover and wheels. This is a pretty interesting design and I actually hope that this is accurate to the movie vehicle. The cockpit cover / door splits in two and then angles out. Other than the cockpit window this does not utilize any new parts. That can be said for the majority of the set actually. This is basically a good thing because if you pick up the Batwing you can source out the rest of the parts necessary for the build. The wheels are offset by two different sizes like the Tumbler was giving it a slight leaning appearance. There are minimal stickers involved in this thing so that is pleasant. I did not place them as I usually stick them in the instruction booklet for some reason. You can too and it will not impact the design.

66C1F947-EB2B-460F-A7CA-F249AF38A3D7.jpg

D199E609-BC52-4376-BA65-E58D27DA85A9.jpg

B8BE5D6C-6681-435D-9C19-8B5F25A5228D.jpg

DC7A2C6C-9C51-4935-A3D1-4AE5BECD6CB9.jpg

443A6C99-A28E-457A-8BD0-BC035FA16956.jpg

The minifigures are a dramatic improvement from what we have seen in the past when it comes to the Dark Knight. This time around you have multicolor printed legs to give the appearance of Bat-Boots and the figure has a slightly tanned flesh tone to it. I guess Affleck hit the tanning salon for this movie. The cape is not that paper-ish cloth that used to be found in the sets but this new cloth that seems to have a slight weight to it allowing it to drop. All three figures have dual facial designs so there is a prone and sneering face. These days, that is what it is. At least there are options. It is also interesting that it seems that Batman's cowl has been completely redesigned. It is starting to drift away from looking as a piece of armor on his head and is molded a bit differently to actually be a cowl. Batman's torso seems to be a faithful adaption of what we have seen in the trailers and I have to admit, if this is what we are getting then the suit looks good.

7CA7E1EE-86CB-412C-985F-E5AAF8D2AD66.jpg

AD7E4FFB-7A81-4DEA-9DF0-E27E2A5788AA.jpg

1DE5AA0F-710B-43EB-8325-E02EA469714A.jpg

And as with any modern lego set, they give you one each of the smallest pieces in case something gets lost along the way.

E3B2E588-2548-4C4B-9EF2-07131363346A_1.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

They already started the year off with two big sets. The latest entry in the modular series is the Bank priced at $170 and the Ghostbusters firehouse was there today priced at $350.

Those rarely drop in price though as they are usually "special" sets so I wait for double points or a loophole in another incentive or discount program.

Thanks for the like on the review btw