• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Lego Thread - Yes, Comic Book Related
2 2

408 posts in this topic

Have any idea when the Spider-Man ghost rider set will be available? I had June 3?

Checked Amazon and toys r us....

It has a June 2016 release date. It may not show up on the shelves though until the very end of the month or the first week of July. It has already shown up on eBay though from overseas vendors so it is on the way.

Lego Set 76058 for reference.

Have any idea when the Spider-Man ghost rider set will be available? I had June 3?

From my understanding is that we aren't supposed to get those until August. Of course they are already available in Europe. I have seen a few moc's already for the bridge where they made 1 complete and it looks pretty cool

It has a June 2016 release date. It may not show up on the shelves though until the very end of the month or the first week of July. It has already shown up on eBay though from overseas vendors so it is on the way.

Ok, I figured it was just a matter of time. I just don't want to miss the window. first waves sell out fast.

Official Description And Images For LEGO's First DOCTOR STRANGE Set Revealed

Stage a face-off against the portal beast in Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum, with levitating function levers and mystical artifacts. Includes 3 minifigures. Banish the portal beast from Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum! Team up and expel the portal beast from Doctor Strange’s mysterious headquarters with some super-heroic supernatural action! Fend it off with Doctor Strange’s mystical artifacts, and evade being captured by the portal beast’s tentacles using the cape of levitation. Send in Karl Mordo to battle the beast with his quarterstaff, and help The Ancient One strike with the powerful magical fans at her fingertips!

Includes 3 minifigures: Doctor Strange, Karl Mordo and The Ancient One. Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum features a portal beast with rotating teeth, moving eyes and tentacles that can trap minifigures, shelves for mystical artifact accessories, levitation effect for 2 minifigures, and levitation function for Doctor Strange’s cloak. Weapons include Karl Mordo’s quarterstaff and The Ancient One’s magical fans with eldritch calligraphy. Accessory elements include Doctor Strange’s cloak of levitation and magical power elements with eldritch calligraphy markings.

27797221626_be71dec5ae_o.jpg

27219449684_c7fa10da53_o.png

My girlfriend has waited forever for the she hulk. The new Disney castle looks good as well.

Apparently Lego does still know how to make a castle set (ahem Nexo Knights)

27587414364_51e1189daa_z.jpg

27922340900_03074782d0_z.jpg

Hey everyone the giant tie fighter is 75 dollars off for Amazon prime members as of right now. It's 125 instead of 200. Two other sets are going up today as well but both of those come from the swamp police/criminal sets.

Hey everyone the giant tie fighter is 75 dollars off for Amazon prime members as of right now. It's 125 instead of 200. Two other sets are going up today as well but both of those come from the swamp police/criminal sets.

Good looking out... had not even thought to look ! Thanks !

Ok, I figured it was just a matter of time. I just don't want to miss the window. first waves sell out fast.

Update on the Spider-Man ghostrider team-up set.

Set is pretty damn awesome and is currently my favorite lego set!!!! It's done really well and Ghost Riders bike is kick !!!. Also, the street corner set piece i thought i'd hate, but it's really nice once you see it in person.

Things I have seen.

Someone leaked the upcoming 'new' Death Star...

Full disclosure... I sold my extra Death Star 10188 back in March for $565 + shipping. I could not be happier that I did. It seems that Lego is taking a lazy route (like they did last Christmas with the annual Christmas set and rereleased Year 1's set) and simply reissuing it with a few updated minifigures. Wait what? Yes, I have seen the pics and they are reissuing it. Now back in 2008 the price point was $400. What will the price point be now? I am guessing that eight year later we are going to see a jump up to at least $100 making a full retail version of this set $500. I will be VERY surprised if there are any internal changes. All of the pics I have seen are clearly identical to the opened sample I still have.

Rogue 1 Lego sets have completely leaked. Lego recalled the images but they are still there. Amazon Germany accidentally published them in high resolution and although they asked the normal sites to take them down they are still available.

Yes, I have pics of everything mentioned but since Lego is asking sites to take them down I have not decided if I am going to post them here. Since they have not asked anyone to take down the new Death Star pics "YET"... I will post it here until they do.

09xETql.jpg

v2yn0gC.jpg

I purchased mine last Christmas. Glad I did it then. I've heard a lot of grumbling about this new death star on Instagram seems they changed Han Solos hair.

Is this one of the 2 vip things mentioned on this month's calendar?

I think it will be a VIP purchase closer to Rogue One given the tie in to the Death Star. It's definitely coming though - there might be an exclusive figure in there that I have not identified yet but it's not worth the price of a new Death Star. If it's that important I can wait for the Chinese ebay vendors to start making knock offs.

Giving you all a heads up since these go QUICK every year. Lego purposely sells out / shorts these since they are no good to them after Christmas. Last year Advent calendars were sold out by Thanksgiving.

They are priced the same on Amazon and Lego Shop at Home

The Star Wars advent Calendar $40

Star Wars Advent Calendar on Lego Shop at Home

Star Wars Advent Calendar on Amazon

The City / Town Advent Calendar $30

City Advent Calendar on Lego Shop at Home

City Advent Calendar on Amazon

Pros and cons on who to order it from...

If you are ordering the SW Advent then go with it from Lego itself. Lego is currently offering free shipping on any purchase $35 and up. So if you are looking for free shipping it doesn't matter. However if you order the Star Wars set through lego you can at least get some rewards points.

If you are ordering the Firefighter centric city advent calendar and nothing else then you will not qualify for free shipping with lego and the rewards points you would earn pale in comparison to the money you save in shipping getting it through Amazon if you are a prime member.

BTW - The City Lego one is already backordered. These do actually go pretty quickly.

Side note... the links to do not benefit anyone. Originally I just opened the page up from a Lego site I visit. (FBTB.net if you want to go support them). I used the direct links to Amazon and Lego so it doesn't benefit anyone else but Lego or Amazon itself.

I personally chose to order it using the Link from FBTB.net though to throw some love to that site.

Edited by Buzzetta

BTW... why did I order the Advent Calendar ?

Simple...

I own one of these and have it on my coffee table. All of those little builds will find their way into a new maze board a few days after Christmas. When I saw the micro builds I thought it would be perfect for a customized game board.

Lego Maze.

Check out this google link... there are a lot of interesting customized boards for this set:

Google Image Search - Custom Lego Maze boards

mc5t5lrujexawcxfpti9.jpg

I already started my Christmas shopping...

Going to probably throw one of these in toward the forum grab bag... and maybe a few other things.

Lego-76045-Kryptonite-Interception-cd-comics-2.jpg

OR

75092-LEGO-Star-Wars.jpg