• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Tyler Hoechlin Excited To Play SUPERMAN On The CW's SUPERGIRL

qLXn1As.png

The inclusion of Superman on Supergirl is a giant step for The CW's DCTV Universe. However, this raises quite a few questions given the previous assertion that Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman were off limits. Could we soon have TV versions of the entire DC Comics' Trinity? But what of the recent moves to kill off Deadshot (Michael Rowe), Amanda Waller (Cynthia Addai-Robinson) and the entire Suicide Squad so as not to conflict with David Ayer's film? There's still lots of mystery surrounding just how Supergirl will utilize the Man of Steel but for now, Hoechlin is just basking in the (solar) glow.

gtv27zcipb4rr8zqq6kc.gif

Hopefully, she gets a headband next season. :sumo:

hm

It is, after all...

supergirlheadband2.jpg

Looks more to me like she's covering up...her roots. Maybe she's really a brunette?

hm

It is, after all...

supergirlheadband2.jpg

Looks more to me like she's covering up...her roots. Maybe she's really a brunette?

Supergirl is NOT a brunette! You take that back, sir :sumo:

hm

It is, after all...

supergirlheadband2.jpg

No one could do headband linework like Ale Gazra. :luhv:

Avril Lavigne meets Olivia Newton John.*

:gossip: I said "newton." hee hee

hm

It is, after all...

supergirlheadband2.jpg

No one could do headband linework like Ale Gazra. :luhv:

Avril Lavigne meets Olivia Newton John.*

:gossip: I said "newton." hee hee

:o

In before the lock :banana:

;)

OK, so episode 20 was the end of the season where ...the story line gets wrapped up?

And it will start back up again on CW? (Which always made more sense to me)

Edited by the blob

And someone at work today asked me if we will ever see her in a DC Comics movie or TV show.

Lynda Carter Cast as President of the United States on Supergirl Season 2

Supergirl will meet the original Wonder Woman in season two of her series, as Lynda Carter joins the cast. Carter has signed on for an undisclosed, though multiple, number of episodes of Supergirl season two, cast as the President of the United States as the series moves to The CW. Her first appearance will be in the third episode of the season.

Lynda Carter became famous along several tracks, as a model, an actress on screen and stage, and a singer. Most well known for her stint as Wonder Woman on the 1970s series, Carter has been held up as the living embodiment of that character for at least two generations. Her four-decades long career has seen her appear in multiple films and TV shows, on stage, and even as a voice in video games. In 2015's acclaimed Fallout 4, Carter voiced the character Magnolia, and contributed five original songs to the soundtrack.

It's not Carter's first time on a DC Comics TV show since her famous turn as Diana Prince. She guest-starred on an episode of Smallville in 2007 as Moira Sullivan, the estranged mother to Chloe.

:whee:

We're still lagging behind in the UK. Thanks guys (thumbs u
I need you not to give up hope. You need to hope. When things are bad you have to hope. Hope.

Hope.

Show a little hope the season will end.

Hope.

:baiting:

So far, so good (thumbs u

...And is that a reference to something I haven't seen yet...? 11.gif

Superman Returns Star Brandon Routh Wishes Tyler Hoechlin The Best On Supergirl

During the course of the upcoming TV season, DC's Legends of Tomorrow will cross over with Supergirl on The CW, bringing Routh onscreen opposite somebody wearing a version of the fabled costume he wore in his biggest film role to date.

Before that, Tyler Hoechlin will appear on the first two episodes of Supergirl Season Two as Superman, bringing that character to the small screen for the first time since the end of Smallville and introducing him to the larger DC Universe in live action for the second time this year (the first, of course, being Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which is available digitally today and out on Blu-ray and DVD in two weeks).

During a Reddit AMA today, fans asked Routh what he thought of Hoechlin as Superman.

"I wish him the best," Routh wrote, "and hope to meet him if Ray gets to crossover to Supergirl!"

David Harewood Reveals Supergirl Season 2 Premiere Title

XydbuKj.png

The Season Two premiere title for Supergirl is unlikely to provide any insight into who's in that rocket, but it's certainly familiar to fans of the character. Series star David Harewood, who plays DEO Chief Hank Henshaw (also J'Onn J'Onzz, the Martian Manhunter) in the series, shared a small piece of the title page for Season Two's first -script on Instagram today, revealing the title as "The Adventures of Supergirl."

That, of course, is also the name of the digital-first comic book from DC that features an expanded version of the TV Supergirl universe.

Supergirl returns to the airwaves in October, moving from CBS, where it debuted last year, to The CW, where it will play a larger role in the shared DC Universe of Arrow, The Flash, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

I didn't have a problem with the last two episodes. The entire season was up and down. They were no different and the season left off with a great cliffhanger.

I'll be curious to see if Andrew (Comicopolis) will be as forgiving with his assessment. hm

I thought they were OK.

What didn't you like about them?

SUPERGIRL Season One Is Coming To The CW Sooner Than Expected

The CW announced today that they will be airing the first season of Supergirl this August starting on the first of the month. Two episodes will air back to back on Monday night from 8pm in the build up to the season two premiere in October. That should give you the perfect opportunity to catch up or even check out the series for the very first time if its move now has you intrigued about what to expect.

Season two of Supergirl is currently set to premiere on The CW on October 10th, later this year.

For fans of the show in the UK, the entire Season Two will not be aired until 2020, so hang in there. Your USA counterparts won't spill the beans. Promise!

:jokealert:

The CW announced today that they will be airing the first season of Supergirl this August starting on the first of the month. Two episodes will air back to back on Monday night from 8pm in the build up to the season two premiere in October. That should give you the perfect opportunity to catch up or even check out the series for the very first time if its move now has you intrigued about what to expect.

Season two of Supergirl is currently set to premiere on The CW on October 10th, later this year.

For fans of the show in the UK, the entire Season Two will not be aired until 2020, so hang in there. Your USA counterparts won't spill the beans. Promise!

Rats :(

I like a bunch of stuff from the BBC, but can not understand how those of you in the UK tolerate such short seasons, and shows getting made when they get made rather than having a defined schedule.

I like a bunch of stuff from the BBC, but can not understand how those of you in the UK tolerate such short seasons, and shows getting made when they get made rather than having a defined schedule.

We don't get a lot of choice lol

At least we get 12 episodes of Dr Who every year :banana: