• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

:hi:

I could always start my own thread...

"SUPERGIRL official TV show thread (UK edition)... We're 8 weeks behind the rest of the world"

But I like it here... :cool:

No worries. I stopped myself reading your post as soon as I saw the word "bad". I find negative comments about Supergirl have their own inbuilt spoiler tag... ;)

You stay right where you are at!

:foryou:

I'm here for the long haul (thumbs u Just with selective reading lol

"Nope, can't read that... Can't read that... Nope... Nope... Nope... Ooo a bit about Streaky..."

So Bats, if SG. Is renewed, any idea how that works there? Does it actually start airing with a huge delay or does that come at the mid-season break?

The delay would be at the mid-season break.

If a US show is picked up by one of the major Satellite channels (like Supergirl) it usually starts a few days after the US. Then the delay happens with the mid-season break... which I've never understood (shrug)

Sometimes a US show is picked up by what we call a "terrestrial channel". The start date can be delayed for months because it's cheaper to air.

So my kids watched the season finale and their eyes never blinked -- they were mesmerized. And especially fascinated about who or what's in the new pod. They're not happy they have to wait 5 to 6 months! As much as we all agree that the last episode had several lazy scripting moments, I take a step back and remind myself this is an 8 pm family show on a Monday night on CBS. Light-hearted and a little silly with a lot of cool works just fine at that time slot. I think most of us have largely been let down by the colorless "Man of Steel" Superman that WB has given us in 2 recent movies, but most of us are pretty happy with how Melissa Benoist has delivered in giving us a very likeable Donner/Reeves version of Supergirl. So at the end of the day, despite some flaws in the show's writing, :takeit:

Edited by zosocane

So my kids watched the season finale and their eyes never blinked -- they were mesmerized. And especially fascinated about who or what's in the new pod. They're not happy they have to wait 5 to 6 months! As much as we all agree that the last episode had several lazy scripting moments, I take a step back and remind myself this is an 8 pm family show on a Monday night on CBS. Light-hearted and a little silly with a lot of cool works just fine at that time slot. I think most of us have largely been let down by the colorless "Man of Steel" Superman that WB has given us in 2 recent movies, but most of us are pretty happy with how Melissa Benoist has delivered in giving us a very likeable Donner/Reeves version of Supergirl. So at the end of the day, despite some flaws in the show's writing, :takeit:
You're right. (thumbs u

I do often forget how magically perfect "Wonder Woman", Tom Baker's "Dr. Who", "Buck Rogers", Battlestar G.", "Knight Rider", "Spider-Man" and "The Incredible Hulk" was when I was around six years old when they first aired.

Have they seen "Justice League Unlimited" or the "Superman: Animated Series" yet? Supergirl is in those a lot. I saw Supergirl in a drive-in when I was nine and loved it. So who knows, they might like to see a young Helen Slater or Ellis from Die Hard playing the boyfriend?

You're right. (thumbs u

I do often forget how magically perfect "Wonder Woman", Tom Baker's "Dr. Who", "Buck Rogers", Battlestar G.", "Knight Rider", "Spider-Man" and "The Incredible Hulk" was when I was around six years old when they first aired.

Have they seen "Justice League Unlimited" or the "Superman: Animated Series" yet? Supergirl is in those a lot. I saw Supergirl in a drive-in when I was nine and loved it. So who knows, they might like to see a young Helen Slater or Ellis from Die Hard playing the boyfriend?

Now these are the spirits with which one should approach Supergirl!

So Bats, if SG. Is renewed, any idea how that works there? Does it actually start airing with a huge delay or does that come at the mid-season break?
I guarantee if it's renewed it'll start airing around either the same time Flash / Arrow airs or when Legends of Tomorrow season 2 airs - really depends if they order 20 something episodes for season 2 or if they do a half-season like LOT. Edited by Darjis_Aaron

This show was garbage.
Even if some episodes were less than spectacular, Melissa Benoist's performance steered it away from "Superboy vs. Microwave Man" territory. She was definitely the best casting choice for the lead role. She's like a bizarre concoction of Diane Keaton and Christopher Reeve (even without the cape), that somewhat still works for the audience. Hopefully, moving forward they get their acts together in writing and direction of every episode for a better flow of good episodes.

...She's like a bizarre concoction of Diane Keaton and Christopher Reeve...

Interesting analogy... I like it.

Recently watched Annie Hall on ThisTV and Sleeper on DVD and you get the Christopher Reeves part. ;)

Hopefully, she gets a headband next season. :sumo:

This show is no Smallville, that's for sure. I still watch but am a little underwhelmed most of the time.

I do really like that they added the Martian Manhunter to the roster though.

The episode where she was affected by red kryptonite is my favorite & was more reminiscent of what I loved about Smallville.

Edited by chezmtghut

The show isn't bad and all good for the hobby sit back and enjoy the ride :taptaptap:

Why are you :taptaptap: me? I love the show. I even champion it.

Sorry Bill C was the target