• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Here's my take on the show after watching all episodes so far...

It's cheesy and campy but Supergirl is hot

The stories are predictable and lame for the most part but Supergirl is hot

The Fx are okay and the acting is pretty bad especially from Calista Flockhart...her story line is ridiculous and i'm not even sure why they have her acting like that...

But Supergirl is hot. And that's really all that is keeping my attention at this point. I'll keep watching it taped on my DVR just for giggles but I see this show getting cancelled. It's just not good. But did I mention Supergirl is hot?

I'll take a wild guess and say you're not really a fan of the show but you watch it because Supergirl is hot? ... ;)

I've just watched the last two episodes (in the correct order, which makes a subtle difference) and have to say I think it's a great series. Some of it's a little corny however there's always that potential issue with a TV series based on pre-existing storylines.

I didn't think the acting was too bad. They've all improved since the pilot and it's only Benoist and Leigh who seem a little shaky at times IMO. I'm starting to quite like Flockhart's character :)

I'm not sure about...

...Kara/Alex's father being introduced into the DEO history and his subsequence disappearance. I think that may be taking the drama a bit too far for a show that should be concentrating on Supergirl pounding the bad guys. But we shall see. I'd be happy to be proved wrong (thumbs u

What we do want is more heat vision (thumbs u

SUPERGIRL Gets A Full Season Order From CBS

CBS has announced today that they've ordered an additional seven instalments of Supergirl, taking its total of season one episodes up to twenty. While that may be a couple of episodes short of the traditional full-season order, the network is still referring to this as a "full-season" pickup, so don't panic about the show's future just yet!

:whee:

CBS has announced today that they've ordered an additional seven instalments of Supergirl, taking its total of season one episodes up to twenty. While that may be a couple of episodes short of the traditional full-season order, the network is still referring to this as a "full-season" pickup, so don't panic about the show's future just yet!

banana_smiley_047.gif

Darn!

No Flash Supergirl Crossover Planned Says EPs

At a recent press event, executive producer Greg Berlanti was asked about the possibility and if there were even talks about it, but Berlanti stated it's not happening.

"No, only because we just received the pick up. Not at this point," Berlanti said.

Obviously, as Supergirl shares the same creator as Arrow and the Flash - and they are both DC shows - the potential for a crossover some time down the line is always possible.

Hopefully the quality is better but..........Supergirl is hot.
Gonna catch up with it in a couple days. But, it can't be worse than Season 3 of Wonder Woman or Season 1 of Superboy. Nothing can't be that bad (Acapulco HEAT Season 1 and High Tide Season 2 withstanding). lol

Why are the ratings down on this show? It premiered with 12.9 million viewers, and now has around 7.1 million. CBS did order additional episodes, but traditionally they would have ordered 9 more to truly make it a full-season of 22 episodes.

I think this show has done a better job of portraying the character than Gotham, The Flash or Arrow. I seriously can't see any huge faults with it. I hear some terms like "campy" being used occasionally, but frankly I couldn't disagree more. This show has been excellent each episode.

I really liked tonight's episode.

I think the show in general doesn't take itself so seriously - it's meant to be light hearted and uplifting and I think it accomplishes that really well. There's at least one moment each episode which brings a big smile to my face. I enjoy the "normal" life of Supergirl even more than her scenes at the DEO a lot of the time.

Very different than the other WB shows, but I am enjoying it just as much, it's the only one I actually set time aside to watch live - the others I catch online.

+ 1

I really liked the Supergirl-Red Tornado fight. When RT started spinning his hands to create a little tornado effect to throw Supergirl, the FX was actually really well done. The early press shots of RT didn't do the character justice.

And now we know why Cat Grant has such a nasty disposition.

:eek:

I have to say, the rage Supergirl showed with her heat vision at the end was also really well done. Sometimes, stuff like that just ends up looking silly and I thought she totally sold it (and the effects were really good).

My only wish is that they get rid of the "I love you but we can't be together" theme that is rank in these types of TV shows. Just so tired of it.

That's a synposis of ANYTHING that's targeting teens and young adults.

It is pretty played out and I'd like to see it gone as well. I've had enough of the unrequited love nonsense. Boo-hoo, I'm a teenager....life is so hard, nobody understands me. I love someone but they love someone else, yada yada yada. Isn't there some other emotional state and life goal that we can portray anymore on television?

SUPERGIRL Cast Records a Thank You Video To Fans After Full Season Order

Earlier today, CBS ordered an additional seven episodes of Supergirl, bringing the season's full order to twenty. The cast of the hit series took to social media to broadcast a thank-you to viewers from the DEO set.

:applause: