• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

SUPERGIRL Cast Records a Thank You Video To Fans After Full Season Order

Earlier today, CBS ordered an additional seven episodes of Supergirl, bringing the season's full order to twenty. The cast of the hit series took to social media to broadcast a thank-you to viewers from the DEO set.

:applause:

"Full season pick up".

banana_smiley_047.gif

...I've had enough of the unrequited love nonsense. Boo-hoo, I'm a teenager....life is so hard, nobody understands me. I love someone but they love someone else, yada yada yada...

Accessndx Counselling™

...I've had enough of the unrequited love nonsense. Boo-hoo, I'm a teenager....life is so hard, nobody understands me. I love someone but they love someone else, yada yada yada...

Accessndx Counselling

to be fair, its pretty common for young single people to have someone they're into that is unavailable. For a show about an alien with super powers in the modern age who NO ONE RECOGNIZES EVEN THOUGH SHE DOESN'T WEAR A MASK, I'd say a young single girl female assistant at a big media firm having a big crush on the friendly, tall, talented photographer best-friend-of-her-cousin doesn't seem to be that far fetched. Yes, its a common theme throughout these kind of shows, but its relatable, just like the sister theme (which is more original and admittedly more interesting), and the dude in the friend zone where the girl pretends not to really notice he's into her. This show is meant to be relatable to mass audiences (female skewed), and these tropes aim for that. Certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't fault them for constructing it this way.

Arrow? skews more male, Oliver was getting it in on the reg and straight up murdering bad guys. Less of a need to relate. More of a 'this is cool, watch it', not 'this dude is just like you, but better at archery'. Whereas Supergirl is more of a 'She's just like you would be if you had superpowers, how sweet."

I have to say, the rage Supergirl showed with her heat vision at the end was also really well done. Sometimes, stuff like that just ends up looking silly and I thought she totally sold it (and the effects were really good).

That was a pretty intense scene, where Kara used all of her emotions to achieve stronger heat vision. The expression on her face clearly showed rage and pain throughout.

v1f3q.jpg

That was something straight out of the comics, and they captured it well. Loved the outraged look. I take it Kara's loss of powers was a result of her simply depleteing her solar powers. She'll get them back once she's recharged her cells.

Good god that was one majorly ticked off Supergirl! It was done so well, both with Melissa's body language and facial intensity and the heat vision effects. She was actually kinda scary looking there for a minute.

:applause:

I have to say, the rage Supergirl showed with her heat vision at the end was also really well done. Sometimes, stuff like that just ends up looking silly and I thought she totally sold it (and the effects were really good).

That was a pretty intense scene, where Kara used all of her emotions to achieve stronger heat vision. The expression on her face clearly showed rage and pain throughout.

v1f3q.jpg

In the side profile shots, where her jaw almost seemed to be unhinged, I thought she was going to swallow the Red Tornado like a Boa :eek:

In the side profile shots, where her jaw almost seemed to be unhinged, I thought she was going to swallow the Red Tornado like a Boa :eek:

That was the REALLY intense moment of that fight. It felt like a movie versus a TV scene for some reason. Like a lot was put into that scene to make it that impressive.

I liked it!

That was the REALLY intense moment of that fight. It felt like a movie versus a TV scene for some reason. Like a lot was put into that scene to make it that impressive.

I liked it!

That's the part I was referring to when I said it was like straight out of the comics. Those few seconds really made the episode great. Loving what they're doing on this show. (thumbs u

I liked it!

That's the part I was referring to when I said it was like straight out of the comics. Those few seconds really made the episode great. Loving what they're doing on this show. (thumbs u

Totally agree - they're doing a great job - very high production values.

I really like Calista as Cat. I think she's a great character.

This x100. Supergirl more than any other hero TV show is NAILING the look of fight scenes out of the comics. It's a combination of real life stunts, the use of strings and CGI. I actually like seeing Melissa being suspended in the air obviously by wires, but then complemented with really well done CGI. I would say Flash comes in second. But when I'm watching Supergirl, it's like seeing panels come to life.

Oh, and her cape is REAL. Not a BS-looking flowing cartoon that's longer than Henry Cavil's height.

Chasing Life's Italia Ricci Cast in Supergirl

Italia Ricci is joining the cast of Supergirl as Siobhan Smythe, Cat Grant's latest hire who at first becomes a work nemesis for Kara -- but she later proves a more deadly foe for Supergirl when she takes on the mantle of DC Comics villain, Silver Banshee.

"We are so excited to be working with Italia," said executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. "We've been a fan of her work for years and we cannot wait to see her take on this iconic comic book role."

italia-ricci-2-1--161743.jpg

Chasing Life's Italia Ricci Cast in Supergirl

Italia Ricci is joining the cast of Supergirl as Siobhan Smythe, Cat Grant's latest hire who at first becomes a work nemesis for Kara -- but she later proves a more deadly foe for Supergirl when she takes on the mantle of DC Comics villain, Silver Banshee.

"We are so excited to be working with Italia," said executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. "We've been a fan of her work for years and we cannot wait to see her take on this iconic comic book role."

italia-ricci-2-1--161743.jpg

Silver Banshee is a great choice of villain (thumbs u

I've just watched this episode. What a great scene. Well put together with great incidental music.

And lots of heat vision :cloud9: