• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLINK and CConnect Winners!

201 posts in this topic

There were two nuts bidding on those books. I'd like to put together a 9.8 run of the Thanos books, but demand is crazy right now. I put in a lot of low, set it and forget it bids and wait to see what I get but I put in what I thought were aggressive bids for these and got blown out of the water on every one of them.

Wish I would have checked to see when the CC auctions were happening before I posted books up on CL. Having CC and CL both end auctions on the same days can't be good since there is a limited number of high grade book collectors out there. Oh well - I'll keep my fingers crossed on my last two books getting a big push at the last second.

My one book that ended tonight did ok but it seems like a lot of the books are going for lower then the GPA averages. Even books like Avengers 57 are 20% lower then sales this month?

I got killed tonight on CL as a seller. I've had 5 books sell so far for WAY below GPA. Ugh!!!

I've got 3 bigger books that could equalize everything though. :wishluck:

Come on people..... help a guy out.... spend a little.

It was very tough to be a seller tonight for many books in the CL auction! Looks like that for tomorrow too! Selling in auctions is not for the faint of heart! Better to think twice before you overpay for a book! When the time to sell comes you could be singing the blues!!! EJR

I am not sure if what you're describing is a problem with overpaying or underselling. My experience with auction selling is wildly divergent, with some things going much higher than I thought while others went for prices well below market value, as if only a small number of people who want the book were actually bidding.

More than a few experiences where something of mine sold at one auction for a price below what I'd been offered privately, only to be resold later for much more (dozens of examples of that, but I can count on one hand the books I sold at auction that I saw were later resold for a loss, and in each of those cases the book the 2nd owner took a loss on was soon sold or offered by the third owner for more than I'd originally sold it for.

Also, more than a few experiences where I had something listed that didn't meet reserve, and I was told with intensely insistent even mildly angry tones that the reserve was unreasonably high... and then I sold it a short time later for well above the previous listing's reserve (and in some cases multiples thereof)

The Starlin Captain Marvel 9.8 run did extremely well in the CC auction last night. I unfortunately didn't win any of them. Many of the books sold for more than 2X GPA high. The #29 sold for $1416. The highest recorded GPA sale $400. :o

Many congrats to Doc Joe :applause:

There were two people beating each other up on CC over a B&B 60 in 9.0 and paid top end 9.2 pricing for it. I'm not sure if I should have went after that Detective 168 7.5 Double Cover. The hand written "D" was a distraction too. It was already priced near the top end where I wanted to pay, but the cream page part turned me off. Plus I'm still bleeding from paying a ridiculous amount for an IM55 in 9.8. Maybe it was for the best.

I didn't go for the 168 7.5 as it is a double cover and that's a pet peeve of mine, no matter if it was a D copy.

Why don't you like double covers? It was a 7.5 without a notation for inner and out covers which I would assume both inner and outer were 7.5.

There's a Double Cover notation on the label. Yes both covers are 7.5 but just can't bring myself to buy a double cover book. I see them as mutants lol

Funny. Double covers ain't my bag either Peter. Did you or anyone see what the coverless Bat 1 went for and the Hulk 1 9.0 via CC? Thanks in advance!

I know the coverless Batman #1 was over 4K when I checked on it last but I'm not sure as to the final price. I know that copy has sold for over 5K on Heritage in the past, if memory serves me correctly.

Wish I would have checked to see when the CC auctions were happening before I posted books up on CL. Having CC and CL both end auctions on the same days can't be good since there is a limited number of high grade book collectors out there. Oh well - I'll keep my fingers crossed on my last two books getting a big push at the last second.
I should have also checked to make sure both CC and CL were not ending on the same days. Its happened before and I thought the auction houses would know better than to do that again! The results of last nights auction was a bitter pill to swallow! I hope I don't have to take anymore medicine tonight! EJR

November auctions always tank

I guess that is true. Was able to pick up the Batman 227 9.2 with Adams and Oneill sig for $880. Really happy about that since I was the one that didn't win it back in September, but was able to get it like $375 (off hand) cheaper. Strange how it works that way.

I guess that is true. Was able to pick up the Batman 227 9.2 with Adams and Oneill sig for $880. Really happy about that since I was the one that didn't win it back in September, but was able to get it like $375 (off hand) cheaper. Strange how it works that way.

Good to know - buy in November - sell in spring.

Good to know - buy in November - sell in spring.

also Sunday HA auctions after NYComicon and SanDiego seem to under perform