• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Watch your PayPal.

16 posts in this topic

Just looked at my account and there was an attempted charge back pending. PayPal says they emailed me and the buyer but I never got the mail. It's for a comic I sold on eBay back in APRIL. So old the tracking number is expired. (They expire after 6months for delivery confirmation but can apparently be retrieved). I'm sure I'll keep my $ but I'm still mad and wonder if my money would have been stolen by this chargeback scammer if I didn't notice and take action.

Are "charge backs" unlimited time-wise? That new eBay expanded return policy is a whopping 180 days. April, 8 months, seems truly insane.

Why would a credit card company side with a client who was silent on a goods or service for so long? What possible reason could the credit card user give to reverse the transaction?

Are "charge backs" unlimited time-wise? That new eBay expanded return policy is a whopping 180 days. April, 8 months, seems truly insane.

Why would a credit card company side with a client who was silent on a goods or service for so long? What possible reason could the credit card user give to reverse the transaction?

Given this, I'm fairly certain I'll never sell on eBay again. I'll have a legitimate yard sale first.

This is TOTALLY NUTS for buyer safety. to the point that its actually too much risk for a seller to take this kind of risk on.

I checked and I even got positive feedback from the buyer. There's no way they'll give that guy his money back. I hope.

You know who's gonna make a ton of money? The guy who figures out how to locate a person online and find out exactly where they live :sumo:

I checked and I even got positive feedback from the buyer. There's no way they'll give that guy his money back. I hope.

You know who's gonna make a ton of money? The guy who figures out how to locate a person online and find out exactly where they live :sumo:

I'm pretty sure Porky already knows exactly where the guy lives lol...

Time for a CGC BEAT DOWN CREW?!?

It may not be Paypal necessarily, since April is way beyond what they allow you to claim.

However, if he paid using his credit card through Paypal (as opposed to his Paypal funds directly) he may be claiming the chargeback through his Credit Card company, and Paypal is just passing that nice little surprise on to you. A chargeback directly through a credit card company has a much longer timeline.