• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TERMINATOR: GENISYS Trailer

264 posts in this topic

Just watched it... I think I would have to go back and watch all of them all over again. It seems like each movie reboots each other with time travel acting as a catalyst to change the timeline.

Basically each time they utilize time travel, it changes things and not in the way that the first one did where we say... what happened... happened in order to preserve the timeline.

Just watched it... I think I would have to go back and watch all of them all over again. It seems like each movie reboots each other with time travel acting as a catalyst to change the timeline.

Basically each time they utilize time travel, it changes things and not in the way that the first one did where we say... what happened... happened in order to preserve the timeline.

If you get a chance, read some of the earlier mini series like The Terminator: All My Futures Past, Terminator: The Burning Earth, The Terminator: Secondary Objectives and The Terminator: Tempest. They hit on quite a few of these twists.

i think the new movie is going to do what they did with Star Trek and have it change history all together. from what i can see it looks like Arnold T-800 traveled back to the point were she was a little girl take her trains/ raise her which leans to both the T-800 from the original film being destory and Kyle being saved from T-1000.

meh....

I really don't care for any Terminator movie after T2. But as Broke said, I don't think they will go beyond Arnie. I want to see some of the stuff that happens after Salvation. Instead, we get another, "well they are sending a Terminator to kill Sarah Connor....AGAIN!". I'll go and watch Genisys, but I'm not going in with high hopes.

i think the new movie is going to do what they did with Star Trek and have it change history all together. from what i can see it looks like Arnold T-800 traveled back to the point were she was a little girl take her trains/ raise her which leans to both the T-800 from the original film being destory and Kyle being saved from T-1000.

also leads to Sarah Connor being more pretty and John Connor being less handsome.

It's cool to see Ahnold back... But beyond that I'm all confused. Who is the guy again? A newer terminator model?

Old Arnold fights Young Arnold then Old Arnold fights Stormshadow Terminator... It appears that when Reece goes back in time, that another T-800 was sent back in time a bit further to protect and prepare Sarah Connor for when the guy that played Stormshadow Terminator comes back in time for them.

I am betting on Stormshadow Terminator to steal the show. He made up the only watchable moment of the first GI Joe film.

Looks...bad.

For the Terminator franchise to grow and survive they have to get beyond Arnold. I don't think they will ever figure it out though.

Yep. this looks like T2 all over again...even the same cheese lines.

Terminator really was a two movie franchise. T2 was the pinnacle of their achievement. I don't expect it to get any better.

It's cool to see Ahnold back... But beyond that I'm all confused. Who is the guy again? A newer terminator model?

Old Arnold fights Young Arnold then Old Arnold fights Stormshadow Terminator... It appears that when Reece goes back in time, that another T-800 was sent back in time a bit further to protect and prepare Sarah Connor for when the guy that played Stormshadow Terminator comes back in time for them.

I am betting on Stormshadow Terminator to steal the show. He made up the only watchable moment of the first GI Joe film.

I appreciate the heads up. But I'm still lost! So may, I watch it on VOD one night...

"Game of Terminators"

So.....Does this fit in with the continuity of the other films? Did the last one? I know the TV show is supposed to not fit in with the previous movies, but beyond that my understanding was that the first three Terminator movies are the same continuity, but the last one was supposed to be a fresh start, and not in the same continuity. Where would this one fit? I think I'm developing a headache.