• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TERMINATOR: GENISYS Trailer

264 posts in this topic

"Game of Terminators"

So.....Does this fit in with the continuity of the other films? Did the last one? I know the TV show is supposed to not fit in with the previous movies, but beyond that my understanding was that the first three Terminator movies are the same continuity, but the last one was supposed to be a fresh start, and not in the same continuity. Where would this one fit? I think I'm developing a headache.

From what I can tell, it keeps the first two movies in continuity, but gets rid of the other two and the tv show.

"Game of Terminators"

So.....Does this fit in with the continuity of the other films? Did the last one? I know the TV show is supposed to not fit in with the previous movies, but beyond that my understanding was that the first three Terminator movies are the same continuity, but the last one was supposed to be a fresh start, and not in the same continuity. Where would this one fit? I think I'm developing a headache.

From what I can tell, it keeps the first two movies in continuity, but gets rid of the other two and the tv show.

TV show was awesome. Wish they had Summer make a cameo.

"Game of Terminators"

TV show was awesome. Wish they had Summer make a cameo.

:wishluck:

"Game of Terminators"

First two were cream of the crop. I did enjoy the TV show...wish they were able to take that further.

I loved the first Terminator, but for me, everything else after it was a joke except for

Terminator: Salvation. That movie had a serious tone much like the first Terminator, and placed a higher emphasis on the Terminator story over the inclusion of any one actor.

Making a new Terminator movie and writing a -script that would justify bringing "Ah-nuld" back, again, is in my opinion putting the Terminator story second to "Ah-nuld".

Sadly, I'm not looking forward to this movie..... :(

"Game of Terminators"

The only thing for Terminator Genisys that was taken and accepted from Terminator 3 was the idea that Cyberdyne Systems and thus Skynet was not destroyed in Terminator 2 which is why Skynet is still able to send back a T1000 in Genisys.

The Terminator movies take place in the "same" continuity, but all occur in different timelines or different universes. Essentially each movie is a retelling of the same story, in terms of the beginning, middle, and end, but with slight changes implemented along the way that ultimately impact future versions of the story.

Ignoring the nonsense that was T3 and Salvation, Genisys serves as the third version of the Terminator story.

I liked T3 except for the whiny John Connor.

John Connor would not be nor ever was whiny.

Whiny does not make great leader.

I never read the terminator comics

You're missing out on some good storytelling.

Now Comics kicked off the 1988 series with a preview in Rust #12. Then it went on to Terminator 1-17. The writing in this series was really good. It is the artwork that distracts so much from the storyline, it can be quite a chore getting through the comics.

The covers, though, were really interesting. I think this is the first John Connor.

620443.jpg

But one of the best covers, in my opinion, was this one.

618435.jpg

I take the terminator movies so seriously I wouldn't be able to read it drawn in such a cartoony style. I literally am an fanatic on terminator-have read every book, making of, Cinefex, Cameron Bio arnold bio etc anything I can get my clutches on. I wish they hadn't clipped the scenes from T2 where the T1000 was malfunctioning from the constant battering and was mimicking his surroundings.

I take the terminator movies so seriously I wouldn't be able to read it drawn in such a cartoony style. I literally am an fanatic on terminator-have read every book, making of, Cinefex, Cameron Bio arnold bio etc anything I can get my clutches on. I wish they hadn't clipped the scenes from T2 where the T1000 was malfunctioning from the constant battering and was mimicking his surroundings.

You would not like the original comic series then.

Terminator wiki

It should be noted that the stories presented here represent events in an alternate future with many deviations from the timelines established by later movies, novels, and television series.

• The NOW Comics Timeline deviates after the events of The Terminator and prior to the events of Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
  • Published from 1988 to 1990, these comics operated in a vacuum, and contain numerous factual differeces from what would be later established as core canon for the franchise. Only the events of the first movie were available for use as reference material.
  • Because of this, the common errors of mixing Terminator model and series notation are repeated. Interestingly enough, "T-600s" are mentioned.

Machine features

The NOW series takes considerable liberties with the looks and abilities of Skynet machines. Endoskeleton often like little more than human skeletons with mechanical joints.

In issue#17, Endoskeletons were actually able to change their facial expression despite no evidence of organic tissue or liquid metal.

The bodies of Aerial Hunter-Killers are not as wide as in the movies and do not have the deep recess at the front. Their engines are farther from the main body; this makes them look more like modern unmanned drones.

Issues#2 and #3 show that they have cockpits with overriding manual controls, and also appear to have weapons on their engines.

Terminators in the series seem to exhibit a wide range of emotions, including fear, which directly contradicts movie canon. They also show a great deal of personal autonomy, sometimes even going as far as to argue with Skynet.