• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TERMINATOR: GENISYS Trailer

264 posts in this topic

Critics are crapping all over it. :eek:
Read the first few paragraphs of the plot on wiki. :eek:

Detention and Back To The Future Part II had fun with ridiculous time paradoxes, but they were comedies too. This one is taking itself seriously though.

I think the mainstream will probably be more confused. Star Trek's reboot was smart to keep it's altered timeline fairly simple, so it wouldn't cheat the original series that people have emotionally invested in for decades.

The Terminator is one of the greatest 80's films, that exceeded it's b-movie roots and felt important. It was accompanied by a sequel that somehow continued it's theme perfectly and resolved everything by the final credits. I still cannot believe there has been three sequels and a TV series (that lasted two seasons) that has been fracturing that timeline to milk more properties from since.

But, like a lot of people I keep watching them hoping to recapture the magic I felt watching the original when I was a kid. I remember buying the VHS copy in '88 ($20 for a videotape :o ) at a K-Mart in Manchester and the electronics clerk following me up to the front to make I wasn't stealing it.

Anybody ever look up Sarah Connor in your phonebooks? There are a lot of Sarah Connors out there. :o

Not as many as there used to be

I just read a review that says the movie starts with an expositional prologue....never a good sign....think 'Dune'...

Umm...

Guardian Terminator...? ???

Might need that exposition.

They should scrap the opening exposition and just bring back Michael Biehn to deliver it during a car chase/shoot-out.

ScrEEEch!

"Sarah, you have been targeted for termination"

Bang, bang, bang!!!

"I'm from the future, you have to trust me!"

Bang! Bang!

"You're gonna give birth to the leader of the resistance"

SCREEEECH!

"He is a great man... and my friend"

BANG!!! BANG!!! BANG!!!

"You Have to trust me!"

SCREECH

"Were all gonna die, do you understand?"

:roflmao:

Umm...

Guardian Terminator...? ???

Might need that exposition.

They should scrap the opening exposition and just bring back Michael Biehn to deliver it during a car chase/shoot-out.

ScrEEEch!

"Sarah, you have been targeted for termination"

Bang, bang, bang!!!

"I'm from the future, you have to trust me!"

Bang! Bang!

"You're gonna give birth to the leader of the resistance"

SCREEEECH!

"He is a great man... and my friend"

BANG!!! BANG!!! BANG!!!

"You Have to trust me!"

SCREECH

"Were all gonna die, do you understand?"

:roflmao:

lol

Sounds like the perfect opening sequence! They should definitely bring back Michael Biehn... I'm sure the make up budget could stretch to both him and Arnie.

Believe it or not (and most people choose not), my old college buddy's childhood babysitter married Michael Biehn (2nd wife if I'm not mistaken).

That movie should have been a trilogy-there was just too much to cram in one movie so the scenes were rushed and the acting suffered. And keep David Lynch far away from it.

Ps Paul was 15 not 35 years old.

That movie should have been a trilogy-there was just too much to cram in one movie so the scenes were rushed and the acting suffered. And keep David Lynch far away from it.

Ps Paul was 15 not 35 years old.

David lynch is too good for it (thumbs u

Just got back from seeing it. It was ok. I liked it better than Age of Ultron, not as much as Jurassic World.

honestly, Emilia Clarke didn't really do it for me as Sarah Connor. Linda Hamilton wasn't the best actress ever, but she brought a certain intensity that worked for the character. I didn't feel that with Emilia.

And it seems like every action movie today tries to throw in a few funny bits. Luckily there weren't a lot, but the few they did just didn't work.

Overall it was entertaining enough. Better than the 3rd and 4th one. But I didn't think it held a candle to the first two, and I was hoping it would at least get close.

Just got back from seeing it. It was ok. I liked it better than Age of Ultron, not as much as Jurassic World.

honestly, Emilia Clarke didn't really do it for me as Sarah Connor. Linda Hamilton wasn't the best actress ever, but she brought a certain intensity that worked for the character. I didn't feel that with Emilia.

And it seems like every action movie today tries to throw in a few funny bits. Luckily there weren't a lot, but the few they did just didn't work.

Overall it was entertaining enough. Better than the 3rd and 4th one. But I didn't think it held a candle to the first two, and I was hoping it would at least get close.

hm ...

The last two Sarah Connors have been British... I guess they really did mess with the timeline then ;)

Does she manage to pull of the accent convincingly?

hm ...

The last two Sarah Connors have been British... I guess they really did mess with the timeline then ;)

She was solid on the accent. Everybody was. Well except for Arnorld. lol

hm ...

She was solid on the accent. Everybody was. Well except for Arnorld. lol

(thumbs u lol

i just got back from watching it the movies is a lot better then 3 & 4. it also feels like it a reboot and the way it ends. i do love the new Terminator in the movie it was somthing the 3rd movie got wrong and the 4th movie forgot to have.