• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best snags of the year! Let's see your best pick-ups of 2014...

344 posts in this topic

On second thought, this is probably the best "snag" of the year for me. I apologize about the HORRIBLE scan :( It was the best I could do with it. Perhaps I can get a photo of it sometime soon.

an8_zps16284b3b.jpg

That's a good one. However, since you have already posted a "best snag," I think the rules require you to send this one on to the next poster...which just happens to be me! Sorry.

:whee:

such a great book!!! nice pickup :applause: and lol from Walclark...is it correct some consider this the poor mans Suspense 3 bc this isn't a poor anything IMHO!!!

Aww, thanks Gino :) Yeah, it HAS been called that ...

On second thought, this is probably the best "snag" of the year for me. I apologize about the HORRIBLE scan :( It was the best I could do with it. Perhaps I can get a photo of it sometime soon.

an8_zps16284b3b.jpg

That's a good one. However, since you have already posted a "best snag," I think the rules require you to send this one on to the next poster...which just happens to be me! Sorry.

such a great book!!! nice pickup :applause: and lol from Walclark...is it correct some consider this the poor mans Suspense 3 bc this isn't a poor anything IMHO!!!

It used to be the poor man's Suspense #3, but now I think it has become the moderately affluent's Suspense #3.

Thanks you guys! It WAS quite a bit of loot, but somehow I think I'll look back a few years from now & be happy to have gotten it for what I paid. I've looked for a decent copy for a LONG time & usually only see beaters. (shrug)

an8_zps16284b3b.jpg

HA!!! Funny Walter lol PLEASE tell me that that's worked before :wishluck:

I'll borrow a saying from an old professor of mine when we would ask him how many times he had seen a particularly rare disease in a patient. Dr. Selcer would say, "Well, this one and one other will make two."

an8_zps16284b3b.jpg

I'll borrow a saying from an old professor of mine when we would ask him how many times he had seen a particularly rare disease in a patient. Dr. Selcer would say, "Well, this one and one other will make two."

Better luck next time pal (tsk)

an8_zps16284b3b.jpg

Guess I'll just have to be happy with this one. Looks nice. The detached cover made it reasonably priced and in the slab, it doesn't bother me.

allnew8.jpg

2014 was a great year for me and comic collecting. I finished my Planet Comics run with some of these beauties:

PlanetComics3CGC75front_zps3731f3cd.jpg

PlanetComics6cgc65front_zpsa7d33f75.jpg

PlanetComics8_75front_zpsf1bb1a8e.jpg

Planet17_zps7e68f8c9.jpg

And started to reacquire the Frazetta covers I sold last year:

FamousFunnies215cgc65_zpsa6460c40.jpg

Beware10CGC65A_zpsba0e22aa.jpg

I also finally acquired a Strange Tales 28:

StrangeTales28CGC40_zps24393d12.jpg

an8_zps16284b3b.jpg

Guess I'll just have to be happy with this one. Looks nice. The detached cover made it reasonably priced and in the slab, it doesn't bother me.

allnew8.jpg

Looks GREAT Walter :applause: VERY nicely done!!! (thumbs u

an8_zps16284b3b.jpg

allnew8.jpg

Looks GREAT Walter :applause: VERY nicely done!!! (thumbs u

Ditto :takeit:

2014 was a great year for me and comic collecting. I finished my Planet Comics run with some of these beauties:

Planet17_zps7e68f8c9.jpg

WHOA!!!!!! :o:o:o

Well Done & congrats on the great year Karl thats a pretty awesome feat and all in grade too!! :applause:

I had a great 2014. I thought I'd show all of my purchases in my Journal thread. Self indulgence can be found here.

If I had to pick a favourite, it might even be this one. Not expensive, not high grade, but wonderfully wrong in all the ways that matter!

US_Marines_3_zps133b57c5.jpg

Great, great book. I have one and I cherish that cover!

Planet17_zps7e68f8c9.jpg

WHOA!!!!!! :o:o:o

Well Done & congrats on the great year Karl thats a pretty awesome feat and all in grade too!! :applause:

I know which one is my favorite - great year, congrats!

I won't list all my purchases, as per Cat's OP, but this is my second favourite snag of the year so I had to post this one as well. One of my favourite EC covers, I don't think this one gets the attention it deserves imo. Bought from Cheetah early 2014.

18629A28-7B63-4C08-AF46-AC8409EFB8C8_zpsasfydxi9.jpg