• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Illegal copies of paintings on ebay

22 posts in this topic

Anyone know how this guy gets away with stealing pictures from the internet and turning them into posters for sale. Here is one of my paintings and you can see the mat from the framing. He claims the painting is in his possession when Its hanging on my wall. Kinda makes me want to pull my stuff down from CAF to prevent this.ebay listing

Too much jumping to conclusions (again). Read for content folks :)

These are 8 1/2" by 11" prints taken directly from original art that I sold years ago and kept these in my files as reference.
(Emphasis mine.)

Craigmeister has been selling Earl Norem originals for years. It's not hard to believe some/all of that art was shot along the way and printed out. This is either a publisher or Earl Norem rights issue, depending on how the legals were set up, nobody else's.

Who cares if "somebody", even the legal rightsholder, makes posters of the art in your collection? People going to fall on all sides of that (and everything) I guess, but I don't get it. Getting worked up...life is too short yeah?

^ What he said. And for those who think their images of work are being taken off thier CAF, printed and sold, your other option is to watermark your pieces and/or keep the image resolutions low (especially premium members that can upload the big scans if they want).

Person I bought this from got it directly from Norem and had it for 20 plus years. He is also local to me and the one who framed it by local framer the mat of which is in that picture just like my picture. Yes, my images are watermarked. I would not have said anything if I didn't know what I was talking about. Another item is that the image in the poster and my gallery is not the whole image the framer cut off 3 plus inches to 4 inches of art which I plan to remedy when I re-frame it. If he had the original at one time why is the missing art cut off to match my framed image.

Well that's after the horse has left the barn, but there's not much you can do to prevent other than maybe take photos at a bit of an angle instead of scans. They won't look as good on your caf but they aren't suitable for printing either.