• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

I'll get it pressed and regraded because I have a presser that assured me that he can do it but in that case something happens he'll pay for the comic.

Show your math for this please. Just because you can press a book doesn't mean its worth while. Show all costs you will have to pay.

OK

ASM 129 CGC 8.0

Paid $956

Expected grade 8.5

Last sale $1200

90 day average $1075

Costs of cpr

Shipping $30

Pressing $15

Grading $75

Total

956+30+15+75 = 1076 which is 1 dollar over the 90 gpa average of a 8.5

Expected value

Now I would take the expected value and take it away from how much everything cost me

1200-1075 = $125 profit

Does the cost of grading above (75$) include return shipping to Canada? Selling for 1200 =/= (does not equal 1200 in your PayPal, but rather 1153.20 at 3.9% fee).

Gabe your presser may tell you he can get you a bump but what happens if it stays an 8.0? What happens if drops are you financially safe to lose another 150 for an 8.0 or like 350 if it drops to a 7.5?

I would have to check again as I believe he would cover the difference should that happen. The 75 would cover shipping and the return cost to Canada. Would I be able to handle the financial loss? I would but I wouldn't like it.

I hope that ASM129 comes back 9.0 then what will everyone say

That would be a good thing, but what if it comes back a 7.5? You know as well as anyone else who flips that you need to have that margin for error built into your business model.

What is the margin of error percentage?

The margin of error is lets say you're buying a book for $100 and you submit it thinking it has a good shot at a 9.8 which will then be worth $300. Look up what that book goes for in 9.6 or potentially 9.4. Maybe at 9.6 you break even and at 9.4 it will be a small loss. If you've subbed enough books you start to get a general idea of what CGC is looking for in certain grades, so you have to develop your grading eye so you have some sort of confidence that a book will come back in the grade range you believe it to be.

There's nothing wrong with taking a gamble now and then as long as you can afford to do so, but you should always try to mitigate your losses, especially now as you're trying to build up your cash.

I like the way you laid it out and I do think that way sometimes but not often.

You need to think that way all the time right now. Grind it out, build your cash up and eventually you will be able to take risks on bigger books. Always think about building your cash up, you will take some losses, that happens to everyone, but you want to minimize them as much as possible.

To be honest I don't know how to begin with finding 100 dollar comics I remember the comics that I do because they are key issues and in mist cases easier to flip.

On this forum alone there are threads discussing "hot" books in both the Copper and Bronze sections. Take some of that information and start looking on eBay, other web retailers or scour the local LCS's. Most of the guys I personally know have to hustle a little to find books, they're not just going to drop out of the sky.

To be successful at this you're going to have to work at it. I think there are a lot of people here who are willing to share information and knowledge, but no one wants to hold your hand. Do your research, do your work, build slowly within your means.

I checked and I was overwhelmed by how much info there was do you how any tips?

Tips on what, books? Or tips on how to organize information?

How to organize information properly

Write stuff down, make lists.

Thanks

I'll get it pressed and regraded because I have a presser that assured me that he can do it but in that case something happens he'll pay for the comic.

Show your math for this please. Just because you can press a book doesn't mean its worth while. Show all costs you will have to pay.

OK

ASM 129 CGC 8.0

Paid $956

Expected grade 8.5

Last sale $1200

90 day average $1075

Costs of cpr

Shipping $30

Pressing $15

Grading $75

Total

Expected value

Now I would take the expected value and take it away from how much everything cost me

1200-1075 = $125 profit

Does the cost of grading above (75$) include return shipping to Canada? Selling for 1200 =/= (does not equal 1200 in your PayPal, but rather 1153.20 at 3.9% fee).

Gabe your presser may tell you he can get you a bump but what happens if it stays an 8.0? What happens if drops are you financially safe to lose another 150 for an 8.0 or like 350 if it drops to a 7.5?

I would have to check again as I believe he would cover the difference should that happen. The 75 would cover shipping and the return cost to Canada. Would I be able to handle the financial loss? I would but I wouldn't like it.

No reputable presser will guarantee a CGC grade. That would be incredibly stupid of anyone to do.

Since you keep talking about how you think the book would get an 8.5 after a press, are you an accurate grader? Can you identify an 8.0 from an 8.5? Most people who have been selling books for years can't. If you can't identify an 8.0 from an 8.5 then how do you know that your 8.0 wasn't an overgraded 7.5? Do not press the book. Do not re-sub it. Sell it as is and if you have to take a $50 loss than take the loss. A responsible professional admits a mistake and moves on from it. That means selling the book and taking the hit. A seller with no clue will hold the book for months or crack and re-sub it based on hopes rather than logic.

OK

ASM 129 CGC 8.0

Paid $956

Expected grade 8.5

Last sale $1200

90 day average $1075

Costs of cpr

Shipping $30

Pressing $15

Grading $75

Total

Expected value

1200-1075 = $125 profit

.... a 10% return on your capital outlay that you have to wait months to make is a waste of time. I think you may be letting your ego run the show.... insisting on carrying only the hot "wow" books that have to be purchased at the top of the market, often with no one in the wings willing to pay higher. I went through that phase myself and took a bath. It's a horrible business model. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That's why I'm selling it as the 8.0 first before I try anything else and I'm the last person that has a ego I talk about hot comics because that's what's been selling for me as are key issues. I've bought cheaper comics and lost money on them.

OPEN LETTER TO UCHIHA101 TO GET YOUR mess TOGETHER

Dear Gabe,

You are (nearly) 24 years old. Time to grow up. This comic thing is not working for you. That's a fact.

You lack basic life skills and currently have little hope of becoming a responsible and independent adult based on your current trajectory. You have a bad habit of making superficial acknowledgements of your own failures. You always have plenty of excuses and seem to quit anything that is not “fun” (example: “don’t give many any of that hard work bull”) or feel you are not “respected”. This needs to change.

With your employment track record and only having high school (one year of a two year video game art diploma program means squat) and no trade skills and/or other skill sets to draw from, what kind of work do you hope to get?

To make a million dollars selling “bomics” is not realistic for you. The fact is it is not realistic for most people to make a comfortable living selling comics. You are $1100 in the hole after nearly 3 years of doing this and you would be even worse off had it not been for that generous boardie giving you a sweet “finder’s fee. You are now onto your next blunder, throwing good money after another bad decsion (ASM #129) that you will be lucky to break even on. Imagine if you had to maintain a roof over your own head, pay your own rent (yes, I know you pay rent now) but also utilities, groceries, transportation and everything else that comes with being independent? You simply could not in your current situation. Your parents are “subsidizing” you and you do not have a viable plan for the future. This is not a good path to success.

I highly recommend that you seek out professional help. As some have suggested, a professional life coach/mentor or and possibly other therapist, like a psychologist or even psychiatrist to help you address your learning and other issues. You need professional help and you need to listen and act on that advice.

I believe you are in the Niagara area. Try contacting the Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region. Apparently they also provide support to adults. At the very least it would be a starting point. If you are not in Niagara area, there is going to be something similar in nearly every region. Actively seek out help and resources. They are out there and no one is saying it will be easy, but you have to at least try.

You don’t have to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Start small. Focus on the basics of things you can change within yourself. Work on your attitude. Hygiene. Resilience. Work Ethic.

Finally, genuinely look for other real work. There is absolutely no reason a relatively healthy young man can’t work a 40 hour week. Leave that chip on your shoulder at home. If finding regular work is not going well, look into volunteering somewhere to make contacts and show employers you can stick to something and hopefully gain a positive reference. Volunteering may even lead to paid work.

Sidebar: You need to clean up your digital footprint. Not to get “political” but your constant postings of right-wing pro Trump memes/propaganda (you do realize you are Canadian and can’t vote for Trump right?) and anime heavy posts on Facebook should be scaled back. Your YouTube is a bit of a joke. There is a video where you can verbally hear you scoffing at a family member. Change the name of Your YouTube channel as someone else has suggested. Delete the voice acting . Also, fix up or take down your LinkedIn profile. It is a mess. Many employers and even volunteer administrators “Google” those who submit an application and you would likely get a big fat “pass” based on what they can easily find out about you online.

You flat out lack the experience, skill set and resources at this time to buy and sell comics successfully (barring some “miracle” ) so just stop before “dealing” in comics buries you. You can still collect, buy the odd smaller book, enjoy comics for the fun of it but genuinely focus on something that is real and achievable for you. Please don’t squander all the good advice you have received - You have received far more than you deserve to be honest – Or I fear that you are going to end up just another “lost soul”.

I know I have given you a hard time. I know I am probably coming across as a sanctimonious person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, but I do hope you listen and act on the advice here and from any professional advice you may receive, but you probably won't so I leave you with a quote.

0014_insanity_einstein_quote_960_zpst056u9ho.jpg

Godspeed.

I like quotes and yes I do realize I can't vote for Trump but I don't want politics messing with my journal. I'm getting help from a life coach and a psychiatrist and as for comics I just need to be smarter with what I do because I do learn from them whether you believe it or not I night make them two or three times but I do learn.

Gabe since WHEN did you actually start seeing a life coach and/or psychiatrist? Funny just a few days ago you mentioned that would be a good idea and now all of a sudden you have both?

Fact is you don't learn. You pay lip service to it. Keep on failing bud.

It's not funny to me you never asked and I've had her for at least 6 months and the life coach three months you guys don't believe I'm making any changes so I thought it was pointless to mention until you brought it up,

Or an abstract of the thread so that it's a quicker read. Making money is really difficult so some quick one-liners or bullet points would be great. Don't really have time for stuff like details...

I will give you an abstract:

24 year-old lives at home with his parents. He claims to have a learning disability and health issues. He collects government assistance. He can't hold a job bagging groceries and blames it on the aforementioned problems with mind and body. He also apparently struggles with even the most basic forms of hygiene, such as trimming nails and facial hair. He can't seem to form even a basic grasp of the comic business, yet insists upon spending what little money he has on bad deals. To make things worse, he has recently gotten a credit card. He makes the most convoluted, ridiculous deals that you can imagine and always seems to screw things up. People here have given top-notch advice over the last several months (or more) and he continues to ignore everyone. He is the single-most helpless SOB that I've ever encountered. At first, it was easy to feel sorry for him. But not anymore. You can lead a horse to the water, but you can't force one to drink.

:D Awesome.

Now how about one about one for the "Moderns that are heating up" thread or the threads about "hot" Copper and Bronze books, because the OP doesn't have time to read up on that due to how overwhelming it is.

I never said I don't have time to read it I said that it overwhelms me as that's part of my learning disability. If you think you can memorize over 200 different posts go for it but I know I can't.

It's simple, go through the thread and write down all of the hot books in alphabetical order.

I believe this is your #1 problem. You don't want to do things for yourself and you expect help.

No I lack common sense that most people have and my ideas are usually doing things the hard way and I can learn how to do something faster I ask for it.

Wait he's a Trump supporter?

:facepalm:

I have no opinion on the matter, but I would have bet any amount of money on that.

I don't want to derail it due to politics, but yes. Tons of "I Hate Hillary" type of stuff intermingled with "Who Is Your Best Friend" type of "quizzes' and Anime.

It is not the posting of poltical things per se, it is the type of stuff he is posting that may give a potential employer/volunteer coordinator "pause'.

Again, just wanted to clear that up.

I haven't posted anything inappropriate and I do realize employers can look at that so I say let them I know plenty of successful people that post what they want and yes I'm not at that stage or close to it yet but if they don't hire me based on that then who cares?

Your response here speaks volumes about your lack of maturity, attitude and not giving a about actually finding a job and being anything other than a mooch.

Someone only working 20 hours at a minimum wage job and still livin with their parents should care. Enjoy your life of subsidy and poverty.

I'm not a mooch I have a job, a 20 hour job but it's better then nothing. Also you keep bringing up the fact that I'm learning nothing if that were true I would be in way more debt then I am and since I know you'll mention the "finder's fee" so I'll make this clear

The finders fee wouldn't make a dent if I had truly learned nothing at all.

Edited by uchiha101

I'm interested to see how much if any advice has been absorbed after you eventually dump the ASM #129 and get some money back.

I look forward to the next move(s)...and I hope you don't go for another high 3 or low 4 figure book unless it's absolutely a sure thing.

I agree I acted to rash and I'm paying for it.

...he's young...... he has the drive and ambition, sooner or later he will tire of "spinning his wheels" and learn the secret of percentages.... GOD BLESS...

Secret? you mean the magic number to keep your businesses running? 30-50%

Let me tell you something then. I am a emotional person and with that one of my biggest problems are impulse buys and acting on my emotions to do with that. I have made many mistakes where I have overpaid but you know what? I paid all those mistakes off except for the current asm 129. I wasn't the only person that was scammed by these people and many others more knowledgeable than myself the difference is most don't admit it because they'd be embarrassed by it. Should I have known better then to be scammed? Yes I should have. I also do my research before I buy a comic buy this is where my emotions come into play for example if I see something that's a good price and I think someone will buy it from under me I buy it as quickly as I can. I'm not completely naive it may take me longer to realize what I've done wrong but if I really didn't move forward I would still be paying off the overpaid comics which I already did expect for the ASM 129. What's left is my mistake with being scammed which I'm working on because those are some pretty heavy hits I've received but I learned from them. You don't believe me I'm sure but the scams happened in this order. 2 and a half years ago, 2 years ago and 1 year ago.

Nothing you've said discounts anything I've said.

You can't control your emotions - and that will lead you into the ditch in all aspects of your life, from your job, to your comics to your relationships to everything.

You can't control your emotions and are impulsive. Just like an addict.

That which you cannot control, will control you.

You need to quit putting your money at the whim of your emotions and lack of self-control.

Doesn't matter if it's $10 or $1,000.

You're lack of self-control will keep you impoverished if you don't learn to start saying "No" to yourself. You need to learn to say "No" to your wants and your desires. Period.

This is not about comics - it's about your own stunted maturity, your own juvenile impulsiveness and your own lack of self-control.

THAT is why you repeatedly overpay for things that your emotions tell you that you "gotta buy right NOW!".

THAT is why you get repeatedly scammed on high-$$$ items when 99.99% of other comic-buyers DON'T get scammed like you have.

THAT is why you make TERRIBLE high-$$$ purchases and don't even know what you're buying until it's over (8.0 =/= 8.5).

THAT is why you can't find or keep a good job.

THAT is you can't get along with bosses who expect mature employees who work hard (what you call "bull").

This journal is not a record of your comic-buying/selling experiences - it's a record of your immaturity, of your lack of self-control.

This is not a comic-journal. It's a journal of your never-ending lack of self-control and lack of personal responsibility.

You've admitted your problem is your emotions and self-control, impulsiveness. So let's fix THAT.

So... what can you do starting now?

1. Stop all comic-buying that costs more than you make in one-hour of work a week. Whatever you make per hour, that is your weekly budget for games/comics etc. for the rest of the year. This is the start of training your self-control which you already admit is the core of your problems.

Will you like it? No.

Will it feel good? No.

Is it necessary? Absolutely.

Will you do this? If your answer is "No", then say so and everyone will know that you refuse to restrain your emotions and impulses.

2. If you say "yes" to Step 1, then make a budget (even written on paper) with all your expense categories every month in one column and all your income in another column. To do this, get a sheet of paper and every time you spend or earn any money, write it down as either a "+$56.23" (income) or "-$7.59" (lunch expense) along with the date of the transaction. Do this every day for a month then tally up the income and expenses.

If income exceeds expenses, take all of it and put it into savings (don't spend your excess revenue... again, this will train you in self-control). Do this for three full months starting now through the end of the year. This will, again, help you teach yourself self-control.

If expenses exceed income, look at all non-essential (fast-food, gaming, videos, comics, etc.) and cut those out completely for the next full month to train your impulsiveness and strengthen your self-control.

Will you do this?

I've been doing this for about 6-7 months already except for step 1. The reason why I made a budget in the first place is because I once spent 3k on comics in one month and I wasn't aware of how much I spent. The only times I remember my income being less then what I spent in when I was in the hotel which was about 6 months and of those 6 months only twice did that happen. I won't give up comics and I've toned it down a lot since I first started, have you ever wondered why I quickly racked up debt compared to now? It's because I have a budget I've been following.

Let me tell you something then. I am a emotional person and with that one of my biggest problems are impulse buys and acting on my emotions to do with that. I have made many mistakes where I have overpaid but you know what? I paid all those mistakes off except for the current asm 129. I wasn't the only person that was scammed by these people and many others more knowledgeable than myself the difference is most don't admit it because they'd be embarrassed by it. Should I have known better then to be scammed? Yes I should have. I also do my research before I buy a comic buy this is where my emotions come into play for example if I see something that's a good price and I think someone will buy it from under me I buy it as quickly as I can. I'm not completely naive it may take me longer to realize what I've done wrong but if I really didn't move forward I would still be paying off the overpaid comics which I already did expect for the ASM 129. What's left is my mistake with being scammed which I'm working on because those are some pretty heavy hits I've received but I learned from them. You don't believe me I'm sure but the scams happened in this order. 2 and a half years ago, 2 years ago and 1 year ago.

Nothing you've said discounts anything I've said.

You can't control your emotions - and that will lead you into the ditch in all aspects of your life, from your job, to your comics to your relationships to everything.

You can't control your emotions and are impulsive. Just like an addict.

You need to quit putting your money at the whim of your emotions and lack of self-control.

Doesn't matter if it's $10 or $1,000.

You're lack of self-control will keep you impoverished if you don't learn to start saying "No" to yourself. You need to learn to say "No" to your wants and your desires. Period.

This is not about comics - it's about your own stunted maturity, your own juvenile impulsiveness and your own lack of self-control.

THAT is why you repeatedly overpay for things that your emotions tell you that you "gotta buy right NOW!".

THAT is why you get repeatedly scammed on high-$$$ items when 99.99% of other comic-buyers DON'T get scammed like you have.

THAT is why you make TERRIBLE high-$$$ purchases and don't even know what you're buying until it's over (8.0 =/= 8.5).

THAT is why you can't find or keep a good job.

THAT is you can't get along with bosses who expect mature employees who work hard (what you call "bull").

This journal is not a record of your comic-buying/selling experiences - it's a record of your immaturity, of your lack of self-control.

This is not a comic-journal. It's a journal of your never-ending lack of self-control and lack of personal responsibility.

You've admitted your problem is your emotions and self-control, impulsiveness. So let's fix THAT.

So... what can you do starting now?

1. Stop all comic-buying that costs more than you make in one-hour of work a week. Whatever you make per hour, that is your weekly budget for games/comics etc. for the rest of the year. This is the start of training your self-control which you already admit is the core of your problems.

Will you like it? No.

Will it feel good? No.

Will you do this? If your answer is "No", then say so and everyone will know that you refuse to restrain your emotions and impulses.

2. If you say "yes" to Step 1, then make a budget (even written on paper) with all your expense categories every month in one column and all your income in another column. To do this, get a sheet of paper and every time you spend or earn any money, write it down as either a "+$56.23" (income) or "-$7.59" (lunch expense) along with the date of the transaction. Do this every day for a month then tally up the income and expenses. If income exceeds expenses, take all of it and put it into savings (don't spend your excess revenue... again, this will train you in self-control). Do this for three full months starting now through the end of the year. This will, again, help you teach yourself self-control. If expenses exceed income, look at all non-essential (fast-food, gaming, videos, comics, etc.) and cut those out completely for the next full month to train your self-control.

Will you do this?

I think if he's going to continue to flip the first thing he needs to do is make a realistic budget...some of the best advice yet. Set a aside a percentage of what you make at your job strictly for comics and have enough discipline to not exceed it. Reevaluate once every quarter and raise or lower your budget accordingly. The most important thing you can do is build slowly. Grinding it out is not as sexy as getting a big score, but you will make money doing it properly. Build, build, build your cash reserves ( your set aside flipping money ) and eventually you will be able to take more chances on higher dollar books and you'll be able to absorb the losses much easier.

I have bought some small comics and will give your advice a try.

OK

ASM 129 CGC 8.0

Paid $956

Expected grade 8.5

Last sale $1200

90 day average $1075

Costs of cpr

Shipping $30

Pressing $15

Grading $75

Total

Expected value

1200-1075 = $125 profit

CGC's base rate for return shipping to Canada is via FedEx international @ $60 USD. You can't grade this book for $15. What grading tier are you planning to submit this book under? Economy? I don't think that will fly with CGC but you can try...mean it has to go standard which is $53 with a 20% dealer discount (do you get the 20% discount?). Leaving you with $22 for return shipping...Not sure that's possible.

...he's young...... he has the drive and ambition, sooner or later he will tire of "spinning his wheels" and learn the secret of percentages.... GOD BLESS...

No, he won't. He's in his mid 20s, can't even manage a minimum wage job working 40 hours a week and still lives at home mooching off of his parents, and it's obvious that he is perfectly okay with that. The only reason he can "afford" to keep making these mistakes is that is he is constantly being subsidized by someone, either by Canadian taxpayers or by his parents. As long as this situation remains, he'll keep on fubaring up one thing after another because he doesn't have to worry about things like groceries, utilities, car payments and all the other things that the rest of us who live in the real world deal with every day.

I don't have a 40 hour job that's true and I would have less luxury to buy things if I moved out because more money would be focused on other things and as for a car I don't have my license yet. Also I would find a place that includes utilities in their monthly rent which many places do.

I think if he's going to continue to flip the first thing he needs to do is make a realistic budget...some of the best advice yet. Set a aside a percentage of what you make at your job strictly for comics and have enough discipline to not exceed it. ....

And it has to be a very small amount. The point is to train his self-control, not indulge his impulses as much as he can afford.

A small amount like what?

I'm interested to see how much if any advice has been absorbed after you eventually dump the ASM #129 and get some money back.

I look forward to the next move(s)...and I hope you don't go for another high 3 or low 4 figure book unless it's absolutely a sure thing.

I bet you he does buy a book over $500

I'm not taking that bet as the allure of the "big score" seems too tempting for him to resist. He has been given quite a bit of good advice in the last couple of days and some have even laid out basic business plans for him to follow.

Measure twice, cut once.

I want to see him stop using his learning disability as an excuse for why he's making all these bad decisions. At some point he has to try and deal with it as opposed to using it as a crutch. I don't mean to be harsh, but it really looks that way from the outside.

Ahh yes my learning disability I don't use it as a excuse it's something that happens and as for help I've asked before and was told they can't try since they don't know what it is. That made me feel terrible so I gave up on it.

I do realize employers can look at that so I say let them I know plenty of successful people that post what they want and yes I'm not at that stage or close to it yet but if they don't hire me based on that then who cares?

This post summarizes this entire thread.

No it doesn't

I do realize employers can look at that so I say let them I know plenty of successful people that post what they want and yes I'm not at that stage or close to it yet but if they don't hire me based on that then who cares?

This post summarizes this entire thread.

For the most part.

Personally, I'll wash my hands of it if he makes another "deal" like the latest one. At that point I'll realize everything being said is going in one ear and out the other. I kind of think that already, but I'm hoping it's not the case.

I'll try not to that was a impulse buy and that was stupid.

You keep saying you have learned a lot about buying and selling comics. Tell us 3 things you've learned. And 1 of them cannot be to not overpay for comics as that goes without saying. That would be like saying you learned drowning is bad.

1)Grading accurately is important

2) Buy what you can afford to lose

3) Include paypal fees in your selling price

OK

ASM 129 CGC 8.0

Paid $956

Expected grade 8.5

Last sale $1200

90 day average $1075

Costs of cpr

Shipping $30

Pressing $15

Grading $75

Total

Expected value

1200-1075 = $125 profit

No reputable presser will guarantee a CGC grade. That would be incredibly stupid of anyone to do.

Since you keep talking about how you think the book would get an 8.5 after a press, are you an accurate grader? Can you identify an 8.0 from an 8.5? Most people who have been selling books for years can't. If you can't identify an 8.0 from an 8.5 then how do you know that your 8.0 wasn't an overgraded 7.5? Do not press the book. Do not re-sub it. Sell it as is and if you have to take a $50 loss than take the loss. A responsible professional admits a mistake and moves on from it. That means selling the book and taking the hit. A seller with no clue will hold the book for months or crack and re-sub it based on hopes rather than logic.

Yes if I go through the list of defects I see I would be able to say what it is and I got the graders notes from cgc so that helps as well. Can I say that it's a overgraded 7.5? Sure I can say that and as you said it would be the staple tear on the top. Like I said before I will first attempt to sell the comic as is if I can't I will cpr it. I have already admitted to my mistake many times and you know this but I also know I can find a person willing to buy this meaning I will make money from this...barely but something.

I think if he's going to continue to flip the first thing he needs to do is make a realistic budget...some of the best advice yet. Set a aside a percentage of what you make at your job strictly for comics and have enough discipline to not exceed it. ....

And it has to be a very small amount. The point is to train his self-control, not indulge his impulses as much as he can afford.

A small amount like what?

See my Step 1 again:

Will you like it? No.

Will it feel good? No.

Will you do this? If your answer is "No", then say so and everyone will know that you refuse to restrain your emotions and impulses. "

What is your answer?

8 8