• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Forget about risks for a minute. Did the buyer of the book know that you used a stock photo? If not, do you think maybe you should contact the buyer and ask if he wants to proceed with the sale without seeing the actual book he is buying? If so, let us know his response. If not, why not?

Yes they are aware it's a stock photo but I haven't asked the second question. I did give him the option of a refund should he not be satisfied.

If the buyer knew that it was a stock photo, then no harm, no foul. However, you make it sound like you're going above and beyond by offering a refund if the buyers not happy. You're not. Any buyer on eBay can return anything whether the seller offers/allows refunds or not.

I'm still not sure why that is as people can take advantage of that and I'm not saying I'm going above and beyond I just don't advertise it because people will take advantage of it.

There is no defense a seller can make with a stock photo and no description for a "not as described" return if the buyer chooses initiate one.

What if the copy you send the buyer is 9.4 and they wanted something higher? No Defense.

What if they find one cheaper over the next 30 days and initiate a return on yours and just say it was not as described? No Defense.

What if in 30 days they just would rather have the money for any reason? Again, no defense.

I'm not saying any of these would happen, but you've seen them all before (some first hand).

There is not just a little risk. as you say, but A LOT of risk. Especially for someone like you who is $1200 in the hole after 2+ years of trying.

Forget about risks for a minute. Did the buyer of the book know that you used a stock photo? If not, do you think maybe you should contact the buyer and ask if he wants to proceed with the sale without seeing the actual book he is buying? If so, let us know his response. If not, why not?

Yes they are aware it's a stock photo but I haven't asked the second question. I did give him the option of a refund should he not be satisfied.

If the buyer knew that it was a stock photo, then no harm, no foul. However, you make it sound like you're going above and beyond by offering a refund if the buyers not happy. You're not. Any buyer on eBay can return anything whether the seller offers/allows refunds or not.

I'm still not sure why that is as people can take advantage of that and I'm not saying I'm going above and beyond I just don't advertise it because people will take advantage of it.

There is no defense a seller can make with a stock photo and no description for a "not as described" return if the buyer chooses initiate one.

What if the copy you send the buyer is 9.4 and they wanted something higher? No Defense.

What if they find one cheaper over the next 30 days and initiate a return on yours and just say it was not as described? No Defense.

What if in 30 days they just would rather have the money for any reason? Again, no defense.

I'm not saying any of these would happen, but you've seen them all before (some first hand).

There is not just a little risk. as you say, but A LOT of risk. Especially for someone like you who is $1200 in the hole after 2+ years of trying.

The people that bought from me have decent feedback and one has more then I do. You do bring up good points except for the last one, you can't return or ask for a refund because of buyer's remorse.

I've overpaid more than this in the past and yes it's retail but with patience I would have found a buyer you just don't see that.

Again, you do not have the inventory or capital to be buying books that will grow long term or require patience before finding a buyer. You do not want your cash tied up in only a couple of books. You need to get in and get out and move on.

He's been told this repeatedly here and privately. The response is generally akin to him nodding his head in agreement while simultaneously clicking the button on his next "big" deal AKA pink variant ASM's and mid grade restored semi keys.

Frankly it's like dealing with a child who you've told again and again not to touch the hot stove.

it's like gettin' a dog who likes to kill chickens to quit killin' chickens

They don't even know what you're talkin' about.

- You gotta quit killin' chickens.

-- All right, let me see if I got this straight. I can still kill chickens.

- No, you can't kill chickens anymore.

-- All right. Let's say I'm in a hotel room with a chicken. Let's say the chicken just wants to touch me. Can I kill that chicken?

- No.

I've overpaid more than this in the past and yes it's retail but with patience I would have found a buyer you just don't see that.

Again, you do not have the inventory or capital to be buying books that will grow long term or require patience before finding a buyer. You do not want your cash tied up in only a couple of books. You need to get in and get out and move on.

I was talking about the asm 101 and I had 38 dollars tied up in that comic.

38 dollars that you should have spent on the back issue bins at your lcs. You would have never seen a meaningful return on that ASM 101 book. Whatever profit you envisioned receiving for that book would have been dwarfed by the amount of profit you would have seen by flipping cover price or less books for 15 to 30 dollars in the time it took you to flip that ASM 101.

Patience shouldn't be in your vocabulary right now.

It's not it's a WIP and I do check back issues bins at the lcs's. I also have store credit with one of them.

What is a WIP?

If you have store credit perhaps you should I dunno maybe spend that on inventory. I don't think the 3 listings for comics you have on eBay right now is gonna get you to that million dollar deal anytime this century.

The people that bought from me have decent feedback and one has more then I do. You do bring up good points except for the last one, you can't return or ask for a refund because of buyer's remorse.

people do this all of the time

I was talking about the asm 101 and I had 38 dollars tied up in that comic.

38 dollars that you should have spent on the back issue bins at your lcs. You would have never seen a meaningful return on that ASM 101 book. Whatever profit you envisioned receiving for that book would have been dwarfed by the amount of profit you would have seen by flipping cover price or less books for 15 to 30 dollars in the time it took you to flip that ASM 101.

Patience shouldn't be in your vocabulary right now.

It's not it's a WIP and I do check back issues bins at the lcs's. I also have store credit with one of them.

What is a WIP?

If you have store credit perhaps you should I dunno maybe spend that on inventory. I don't think the 3 listings for comics you have on eBay right now is gonna get you to that million dollar deal anytime this century.

WIP stands for Work in Progress and no the comics I have listed won't get me that million dollar comic but it will pay off the debt I'm in.

people do this all of the time

Yes but do they win the paypal case?

As a buyer, I love this feature.

First of all, your feedback number is not that high, so to say that someone else has a higher rating not only isn't impressive, it shouldn't be used to make a buying decision. Second, people return stuff for buyers remorse all the time, they just use another excuse. Like it or not, it's part of doing business on eBay, so you just have to deal with it. Finally, the irony of you saying that buyers shouldn't be allowed to return things for buyers remorse (and they shouldn't) on one hand, but then offering to conduct a sale off eBay in your eBay listing is more than a little ironic and humorous. Finally, you don't need to advertise that you accept returns, because anyone whose been on eBay for any length of time knows that is meaningless; meaning they already know they can return their purchase for a refund.

Does anyone know of a hypnotist or an over the counter drug I can take to make me forget I ever logged into this thread. You can P.M. me any info. :fear:

If OP got a penny every time someone checked this thread, he'd be quite profitable.

But then again, any profit he made would go into buying coverless coloring books at GPA highs. :grin:

it's like gettin' a dog who likes to kill chickens to quit killin' chickens

They don't even know what you're talkin' about.

- You gotta quit killin' chickens.

-- All right, let me see if I got this straight. I can still kill chickens.

- No, you can't kill chickens anymore.

-- All right. Let's say I'm in a hotel room with a chicken. Let's say the chicken just wants to touch me. Can I kill that chicken?

- No.

As a buyer, I love this feature.

I use it if something goes wrong

Comics sold

Harambe Variant 2nd copy

Very nice. What Archie book are you looking at?

This is interesting. Would this be from the original series or the more recent Mark Waid reboot?

The original series

First of all, your feedback number is not that high, so to say that someone else has a higher rating not only isn't impressive, it shouldn't be used to make a buying decision. Second, people return stuff for buyers remorse all the time, they just use another excuse. Like it or not, it's part of doing business on eBay, so you just have to deal with it. Finally, the irony of you saying that buyers shouldn't be allowed to return things for buyers remorse (and they shouldn't) on one hand, but then offering to conduct a sale off eBay in your eBay listing is more than a little ironic and humorous. Finally, you don't need to advertise that you accept returns, because anyone whose been on eBay for any length of time knows that is meaningless; meaning they already know they can return their purchase for a refund.

No my feedback isn't high but I'm not just starting out either. I know people refund stuff for buyers remorse you just have to ask questions till they admit to it or slip up. I know refunds are a part of ebay and doing business but my point is to minimize it as much as I can.

Yes I'm glad you found that ASM 129 so humorous but that had nothing to do with buyer's remorse I just tried to get less fees taken off of it.

Edited by uchiha101

Does anyone know of a hypnotist or an over the counter drug I can take to make me forget I ever logged into this thread. You can P.M. me any info. :fear:

GO CUBS!!!!!

:banana:

any better???

Edited by W16227

I believe you said that you were applying at McDonalds today. How did that go?

Like it always does I guess. I asked for the manager and gave him my resume.

McDonalds takes resumes? I worked at KFC years ago and all I did was fill out an application (shrug)

8 8