• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

I thought you just said you filled out an application plus gave them your resume. (shrug)

It depends but yes in most cases I do both so I have a better chance of getting a interview

Either your idea doesn't work very well since you don't get very many interviews or you make a very bad first impression when you hand off your resume. Maybe you're giving off some weird vibes to the manager when you drop off your resume.

I'm not sure about weird vibes but I'm always nervous when I really want a job.

I thought you just said you filled out an application plus gave them your resume. (shrug)

It depends but yes in most cases I do both so I have a better chance of getting a interview

Either your idea doesn't work very well since you don't get very many interviews or you make a very bad first impression when you hand off your resume. Maybe you're giving off some weird vibes to the manager when you drop off your resume.

Heck, in that case you should never be nervous. Out of curiosity, what was the managers name?

This thread will be about my journey to the million dollar comic and the struggles, failures and successes that come with it since many boardies requested it I will not longer post my transactions but try what revat said :). I also have a bunch of inspirational people two of them being Walt Disney and Steve Jobs because I want to be the next rags to riches story not to the degree of Steve Jobs or Walt Disney but I want to make a million dollars buying and selling a comic and making enough money with this venture to never again say I can't afford something :)

Thoughts and plans

Sell my comics

Milestones I want to reach

Get my first four figure sale

:bump:

Heck, in that case you should never be nervous. Out of curiosity, what was the managers name?

One of the managers was named Peter

This thread will be about my journey to the million dollar comic and the struggles, failures and successes that come with it since many boardies requested it I will not longer post my transactions but try what revat said :). I also have a bunch of inspirational people two of them being Walt Disney and Steve Jobs because I want to be the next rags to riches story not to the degree of Steve Jobs or Walt Disney but I want to make a million dollars buying and selling a comic and making enough money with this venture to never again say I can't afford something :)

Thoughts and plans

Sell my comics

Milestones I want to reach

Get my first four figure sale

:bump:

I want to congratulate you for being one of the few people to actually check the first page.

How many managers did you talk to? What was the name of the manager you handed your resume to?

How many managers did you talk to? What was the name of the manager you handed your resume to?

Two managers and the guy that took my resume was named peter

Here's something you might try. Send Peter a Thank You note thanking him for taking the time to talk to you, even if all he did was take your resume. Very few people do this, and it might make you stand out among the other applicants. At the minimum, he will remember your name, and that may be the little something extra that gets you a job offer. (thumbs u

Here's something you might try. Send Peter a Thank You note thanking him for taking the time to talk to you, even if all he did was take your resume. Very few people do this, and it might make you stand out among the other applicants. At the minimum, he will remember your name, and that may be the little something extra that gets you a job offer. (thumbs u

Can't hurt to try it thanks.

Forget about risks for a minute. Did the buyer of the book know that you used a stock photo? If not, do you think maybe you should contact the buyer and ask if he wants to proceed with the sale without seeing the actual book he is buying? If so, let us know his response. If not, why not?

Yes they are aware it's a stock photo but I haven't asked the second question. I did give him the option of a refund should he not be satisfied.

If the buyer knew that it was a stock photo, then no harm, no foul. However, you make it sound like you're going above and beyond by offering a refund if the buyers not happy. You're not. Any buyer on eBay can return anything whether the seller offers/allows refunds or not.

I'm still not sure why that is as people can take advantage of that and I'm not saying I'm going above and beyond I just don't advertise it because people will take advantage of it.

There is no defense a seller can make with a stock photo and no description for a "not as described" return if the buyer chooses initiate one.

What if the copy you send the buyer is 9.4 and they wanted something higher? No Defense.y

What if they find one cheaper over the next 30 days and initiate a return on yours and just say it was not as described? No Defense.

What if in 30 days they just would rather have the money for any reason? Again, no defense.

I'm not saying any of these would happen, but you've seen them all before (some first hand).

There is not just a little risk. as you say, but A LOT of risk. Especially for someone like you who is $1200 in the hole after 2+ years of trying.

The people that bought from me have decent feedback and one has more then I do. You do bring up good points except for the last one, you can't return or ask for a refund because of buyer's remorse.

First of all, your feedback number is not that high, so to say that someone else has a higher rating not only isn't impressive, it shouldn't be used to make a buying decision. Second, people return stuff for buyers remorse all the time, they just use another excuse. Like it or not, it's part of doing business on eBay, so you just have to deal with it. Finally, the irony of you saying that buyers shouldn't be allowed to return things for buyers remorse (and they shouldn't) on one hand, but then offering to conduct a sale off eBay in your eBay listing is more than a little ironic and humorous. Finally, you don't need to advertise that you accept returns, because anyone whose been on eBay for any length of time knows that is meaningless; meaning they already know they can return their purchase for a refund.

No my feedback isn't high but I'm not just starting out either. I know people refund stuff for buyers remorse you just have to ask questions till they admit to it or slip up. I know refunds are a part of ebay and doing business but my point is to minimize it as much as I can.

Yes I'm glad you found that ASM 129 so humorous but that had nothing to do with buyer's remorse I just tried to get less fees taken off of it.

Why do you always need to have things spelled out for you? Seriously, how many dot to dot puzzles have to be done for you? My entire point about your ASM 129 listing and buyers returning purchases for buyers remorse is simply that they are both wrong, not that one has anything to do with the other. Also, if a buyer wants to return a purchase, let them. You're not Perry Mason or Joe Friday, you don't need to investigate why they want to return an item. If they want to return something, take it back. Not only is it just easier, but if you give buyers hassles about returns, you're just asking for negative feedback. If you think selling is tough now, wait until you try it with a couple of negative feedbacks on your record. I think it was Ed (ft88) who is a better seller than you will ever be if you live 100, stated that even Target will let you return a once worn dress, the least he can do is take back a comic book with subjective grading. And he knows how to grade. You, on the other hand, not so much.

Why? Because if I don't understand something I ask and while it may seem easy and basic to you it's not to me. Also you have no trouble bashing me for anything so I'll ask you this, if you're memory is perfectly fine why do I need to repeat myself at least 50 times?

I investigate why people ask for returns because I don't like being taken advantage of, if it's a legitimate problem then fine if it's not I have a problem. I realize grading is subjective if it wasn't there would no need for third party grading companies.

Oh, cry me a river. First, my memory is far from perfect. Second, nobody asked you to repeat yourself, you just do it. Third, just because I, or anyone else understands something, doesn't mean it's basic or easy. It means we worked to learn it. You, on the other hand, are content to ask the same questions umpteen times, instead of applying yourself and learning a concept.

I find it interesting how you became defensive so quickly yet tell me to man up. The reason I repeat myself is because I don't remember if a question has been asked or not and I don't know how to link someone to the answer. No that's exactly what you make it out to be, when you find something simple you ask why don't I know it but when I ask you the same question all of a sudden you said " Doesn't mean it's easy or basic" I understand that I ask the same question a lot but there are also things I've followed from other boardies.

:facepalm:

I believe you said that you were applying at McDonalds today. How did that go?

Like it always does I guess. I asked for the manager and gave him my resume.

McDonalds takes resumes? I worked at KFC years ago and all I did was fill out an application (shrug)

The McDonalds in my area always have Now Hiring signs, and all you do is fill out an application. You're not applying at Microsoft, McDonalds doesn't need a resume. Fifty bucks says he never even walked in the door.

I'll only take that bet if you promise a .50 cents return if I lose :sumo:

As far as I know, McDonalds is always hiring, but in the wild chance the one he "applied" to isn't, there are several other options available when you have no real responsibilities. Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's etc etc.

Sorry, man, 50 cents is 50 cents! Seriously, though, he knows all those opportunities are out there, he just doesn't want to work any more than absolutely necessary. Is there any of us reading this thread, besides Gabe, who doesn't know that you can be the biggest doofus in the world, and still work 40 hours or more a week, somewhere, doing something? But you have to WANT to do it, and Gabe very clearly doesn't.

I never said that I don't want to work 40 hours a week but I did say that physical jobs would drain me way too quickly.

As you have stated, you have "some sort" of emotional and learning issues.

I don't need an answer but I am curious...Do you have any medical issues that preclude you from being able to do physical labour? What do you mean "drain you too quickly"? You are a young man in your 20's.

Yes, working construction (especially if living a sedentary lifestyle) would take some getting use to but you will. Everyone has aches and pains, when I worked construction you bet I did, but that is normal. You get use to it. Your body will adapt.

Most people have and continue to work through pain and/or discomfort at some point or heck, even on a daily basis. For someone your age and in your economic position, not doing a physical job for anything other than a diagnosed physical injury or impairment just seems like an excuse.

How were your fingernails? How was your hair? How were you dressed?

McDonalds takes resumes? I worked at KFC years ago and all I did was fill out an application (shrug)

The McDonalds in my area always have Now Hiring signs, and all you do is fill out an application. You're not applying at Microsoft, McDonalds doesn't need a resume. Fifty bucks says he never even walked in the door.

As far as I know, McDonalds is always hiring, but in the wild chance the one he "applied" to isn't, there are several other options available when you have no real responsibilities. Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's etc etc.

Sorry, man, 50 cents is 50 cents! Seriously, though, he knows all those opportunities are out there, he just doesn't want to work any more than absolutely necessary. Is there any of us reading this thread, besides Gabe, who doesn't know that you can be the biggest doofus in the world, and still work 40 hours or more a week, somewhere, doing something? But you have to WANT to do it, and Gabe very clearly doesn't.

I never said that I don't want to work 40 hours a week but I did say that physical jobs would drain me way too quickly.

I don't need an answer but I am curious...Do you have any medical issues that preclude you from being able to do physical labour? What do you mean "drain you too quickly"? You are a young man in your 20's.

Yes, working construction (especially if living a sedentary lifestyle) would take some getting use to but you will. Everyone has aches and pains, when I worked construction you bet I did, but that is normal. You get use to it. Your body will adapt.

Most people have and continue to work through pain and/or discomfort at some point or heck, even on a daily basis. For someone your age and in your economic position, not doing a physical job for anything other than a diagnosed physical injury or impairment just seems like an excuse.

Earlier in the thread Gabe was complaining about packing and lifting bags of groceries hurting his back. He also had problems with the cold weather.

Earlier in the thread Gabe was complaining about packing and lifting bags of groceries hurting his back. He also had problems with the cold weather.

That's ridiculous. The heaviest one grocery bag can be what? 15 lbs? Even if it is double bagged, 20 lbs? All you have to do to work as a bagger is hustle, good manners and be clean. 20 lbs isn't back breaking work for anyone in their 20's.

Pm sent.

How were your fingernails? How was your hair? How were you dressed?

Fingernails were trimmed and clean, Hair was nice and clean and I was dressed in a coat.

8 8