• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Don't worry, I doubt anyone here will be jumping on the "pink variant" or restored, mid grade semi key at GPA high market anytime soon bro.

Meeklo should trademark that - seems to be a key selling feature hm

Custom status?

Here's the pink variant you need Uchicha.

egqveq.jpg

Haha

I'm still OUT, but back in for this one reply. .. Gabe, OhBother wasn't joking or jerking you around at all. That FF #110 IS an unintentional, sought-after comic. When it was in production, a colour-plate was left off the press, hence the look it has.

THIS is the stuff you should be going for .. stuff that is legit, not just used as a colouring-in book.

Here's a link for one up on eBay right now .. I'm not suggesting you buy THIS one, as it's a poor copy .. but try and find a better one, cheap .. and go from there.

DON'T tell us you're trying/getting better ... LEARN, man! LEARN ..

Here's the link .. open up eBay .. post this listing number in the search bar: 311089124935

Don't worry, I doubt anyone here will be jumping on the "pink variant" or restored, mid grade semi key at GPA high market anytime soon bro.

Custom status?

egqveq.jpg

ive seriously wanted one for a while...

Custom status?

egqveq.jpg

Haha

I'm still OUT, but back in for this one reply. .. Gabe, OhBother wasn't joking or jerking you around at all. That FF #110 IS an unintentional, sought-after comic. When it was in production, a colour-plate was left off the press, hence the look it has.

THIS is the stuff you should be going for .. stuff that is legit, not just used as a colouring-in book.

Here's a link for one up on eBay right now .. I'm not suggesting you buy THIS one, as it's a poor copy .. but try and find a better one, cheap .. and go from there.

DON'T tell us you're trying/getting better ... LEARN, man! LEARN ..

Here's the link .. open up eBay .. post this listing number in the search bar: 311089124935

I know what this comic is that's why I found it funny

I believe you said that you were applying at McDonalds today. How did that go?

Like it always does I guess. I asked for the manager and gave him my resume.

McDonalds takes resumes? I worked at KFC years ago and all I did was fill out an application (shrug)

The McDonalds in my area always have Now Hiring signs, and all you do is fill out an application. You're not applying at Microsoft, McDonalds doesn't need a resume. Fifty bucks says he never even walked in the door.

I'll only take that bet if you promise a .50 cents return if I lose :sumo:

As far as I know, McDonalds is always hiring, but in the wild chance the one he "applied" to isn't, there are several other options available when you have no real responsibilities. Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's etc etc.

Sorry, man, 50 cents is 50 cents! Seriously, though, he knows all those opportunities are out there, he just doesn't want to work any more than absolutely necessary. Is there any of us reading this thread, besides Gabe, who doesn't know that you can be the biggest doofus in the world, and still work 40 hours or more a week, somewhere, doing something? But you have to WANT to do it, and Gabe very clearly doesn't.

I never said that I don't want to work 40 hours a week but I did say that physical jobs would drain me way too quickly.

As you have stated, you have "some sort" of emotional and learning issues.

I don't need an answer but I am curious...Do you have any medical issues that preclude you from being able to do physical labour? What do you mean "drain you too quickly"? You are a young man in your 20's.

Yes, working construction (especially if living a sedentary lifestyle) would take some getting use to but you will. Everyone has aches and pains, when I worked construction you bet I did, but that is normal. You get use to it. Your body will adapt.

Most people have and continue to work through pain and/or discomfort at some point or heck, even on a daily basis. For someone your age and in your economic position, not doing a physical job for anything other than a diagnosed physical injury or impairment just seems like an excuse.

Earlier in the thread Gabe was complaining about packing and lifting bags of groceries hurting his back. He also had problems with the cold weather.

That's ridiculous. The heaviest one grocery bag can be what? 15 lbs? Even if it is double bagged, 20 lbs? All you have to do to work as a bagger is hustle, good manners and be clean. 20 lbs isn't back breaking work for anyone in their 20's.

No but the repetitive lifting was getting to me and yes I did have good manners and was clean.

No offense, Gabe, but I just don't buy your excuse. At two of the grocery stores in my town, there are baggers that have Down Syndrome. They both hustle their tails off and are grateful to have a job. No, I don't know your specific situation well, but if they can handle it, I'm sure you are more than capable of doing it. Do you do any exercise or just play video games in your spare time? If the answer is more of the latter, do more of the former.

I don't buy his excuse either. I have a team member in one of my stores that has developmental issues but is able to hold down a 30+ hours/week job plus he lives on his own. I've had team members with mental health issues that were able to function at work and never complained when they had to do tasks. Gabe's excuses are just that, excuses. If he truly wants to succeed then he needs to work harder and stop being a drama queen.

McDonald's is fine if you have down syndrome.

The only way to make a decent living, if you don't have a college degree is to start as a laborer in trade work (construction fields) and learn the trade.

I was a lazy/shiftless kid in my late teens/early 20's, much like Gabe.I wasn't as out of it as Gabe is, but not much better.

I started out and bounced around as a laborer/shovel monkey in landscaping/hardscaping/concrete.

Working like a dog builds character, it straightened me out. and I settled into landscape construction as a brick layer.

That is the approach that Gabe needs to take.

That, or join the military.

Either of those two moves would build the character and discipline that Gabe needs to function on his own, in life.

I agree with you there. It's most likely his best course of action. Physical labor isn't most peoples idea of an ideal job/career, but you can make a good living doing it. Since he hasn't mentioned it in this thread, I don't think he has any ailment/disability that prevent him from doing such work. The soreness from the grocery bagging was probably just normal soreness from using muscles that he normally didn't use. Much like if you go to the gym after not working out for awhile, you're gonna be sore. He probably just needed to toughen up a bit and push thru it.

And, as you said, working in a trade in gives you the chance to learn a marketable skill and offers opportunities for advancing. Like you, I started at the bottom (loading up trucks with material for jobsites) and worked my way up. I'm now a project manager for a large commercial contractor. I make a good living; enough to support my family and buy expensive funny books.

I believe you said that you were applying at McDonalds today. How did that go?

Like it always does I guess. I asked for the manager and gave him my resume.

McDonalds takes resumes? I worked at KFC years ago and all I did was fill out an application (shrug)

The McDonalds in my area always have Now Hiring signs, and all you do is fill out an application. You're not applying at Microsoft, McDonalds doesn't need a resume. Fifty bucks says he never even walked in the door.

I'll only take that bet if you promise a .50 cents return if I lose :sumo:

As far as I know, McDonalds is always hiring, but in the wild chance the one he "applied" to isn't, there are several other options available when you have no real responsibilities. Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendy's etc etc.

Sorry, man, 50 cents is 50 cents! Seriously, though, he knows all those opportunities are out there, he just doesn't want to work any more than absolutely necessary. Is there any of us reading this thread, besides Gabe, who doesn't know that you can be the biggest doofus in the world, and still work 40 hours or more a week, somewhere, doing something? But you have to WANT to do it, and Gabe very clearly doesn't.

I never said that I don't want to work 40 hours a week but I did say that physical jobs would drain me way too quickly.

As you have stated, you have "some sort" of emotional and learning issues.

I don't need an answer but I am curious...Do you have any medical issues that preclude you from being able to do physical labour? What do you mean "drain you too quickly"? You are a young man in your 20's.

Yes, working construction (especially if living a sedentary lifestyle) would take some getting use to but you will. Everyone has aches and pains, when I worked construction you bet I did, but that is normal. You get use to it. Your body will adapt.

Most people have and continue to work through pain and/or discomfort at some point or heck, even on a daily basis. For someone your age and in your economic position, not doing a physical job for anything other than a diagnosed physical injury or impairment just seems like an excuse.

Earlier in the thread Gabe was complaining about packing and lifting bags of groceries hurting his back. He also had problems with the cold weather.

That's ridiculous. The heaviest one grocery bag can be what? 15 lbs? Even if it is double bagged, 20 lbs? All you have to do to work as a bagger is hustle, good manners and be clean. 20 lbs isn't back breaking work for anyone in their 20's.

No but the repetitive lifting was getting to me and yes I did have good manners and was clean.

No offense, Gabe, but I just don't buy your excuse. At two of the grocery stores in my town, there are baggers that have Down Syndrome. They both hustle their tails off and are grateful to have a job. No, I don't know your specific situation well, but if they can handle it, I'm sure you are more than capable of doing it. Do you do any exercise or just play video games in your spare time? If the answer is more of the latter, do more of the former.

I don't buy his excuse either. I have a team member in one of my stores that has developmental issues but is able to hold down a 30+ hours/week job plus he lives on his own. I've had team members with mental health issues that were able to function at work and never complained when they had to do tasks. Gabe's excuses are just that, excuses. If he truly wants to succeed then he needs to work harder and stop being a drama queen.

McDonald's is fine if you have down syndrome.

The only way to make a decent living, if you don't have a college degree is to start as a laborer in trade work (construction fields) and learn the trade.

I was a lazy/shiftless kid in my late teens/early 20's, much like Gabe.I wasn't as out of it as Gabe is, but not much better.

I started out and bounced around as a laborer/shovel monkey in landscaping/hardscaping/concrete.

Working like a dog builds character, it straightened me out. and I settled into landscape construction as a brick layer.

That is the approach that Gabe needs to take.

That, or join the military.

Either of those two moves would build the character and discipline that Gabe needs to function on his own, in life.

McDonald's isn't where one should be for their whole lives and I was a bricklaying assistant for a year which was heavy labor, don't assume that I never did any lifting in my life I just need to address some heath issues I have.

Edited by uchiha101

I agree with you there. It's most likely his best course of action. Physical labor isn't most peoples idea of an ideal job/career, but you can make a good living doing it. Since he hasn't mentioned it in this thread, I don't think he has any ailment/disability that prevent him from doing such work. The soreness from the grocery bagging was probably just normal soreness from using muscles that he normally didn't use. Much like if you go to the gym after not working out for awhile, you're gonna be sore. He probably just needed to toughen up a bit and push thru it.

And, as you said, working in a trade in gives you the chance to learn a marketable skill and offers opportunities for advancing. Like you, I started at the bottom (loading up trucks with material for jobsites) and worked my way up. I'm now a project manager for a large commercial contractor. I make a good living; enough to support my family and buy expensive funny books.

I don't feel like talking about the health issues I have anymore since you'll just say it's being "Lazy" or whatever else. I will say that I will go recheck with the doctor. However you did what my dad did as well now he's a truck driver and his own boss. So again I'm not being lazy but I can't overdo it as well.

For the FF 110 Green error printings I managed to find 13 copies and I've contacted three of them and it's much cheaper than the poor copy for 80 bucks.

Yeah, but that wasn't my point. I was just alerting you to the fact that that's the kind of book you should be finding.

All you need to do now is grade them accurately, list them on eBay truthfully (so as not to mislead any potential buyers).

If you do this right .. you might stand a chance of making some money (and if you do make some profit, rather than spending it on more books: Work on getting yourself out of that hole you've made).

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price paid (including shipping) and how much you sold it for, accounting for selling fees.

Price Paid $33USD

Total after fees: $111usd

That's a pre-order, correct?

Correct

???

So you're saying that you bought the book on pre-order for $33. Meaning the seller does not have the book. That also means that you do not have the book in hand. Then you sold the book that the original seller does not even have yet to someone else? Is that correct?

So, Original Seller ---> Sold to you for $33 (but does not have the book) --> You (who does not have the book) then sold the book to someone else for $111.

Is that correct?

Almost the seller already has the comics and will ship out around nov 2nd and yes I don't have the comic on hand that's why it's a pre-order. As soon as I get it I will ship it to them should something happen I will give them a refund but the guy that purchased it knows how pre-orders work.

What a complete joke! A pre-order is for when something is not available yet. Like when a facilitator pre-sells signatures. It's not so you can sell something that already exists but you're too impatient to wait for it to arrive.

People really need to stop enabling you. Even when you manage to sell a book you use inane and borderline unethical business practices.

hm

Listen,

If you're going to buy a book from me and sell it for three times what you bought it for can you at least promote me or properly title the name of the book on the CGC boards?

Its Animosity #3 Hiphopf Comics or Animosity #3 CBSI Variant

Not "harambe book"

Come on.

Do you buy whatever book people tell you to buy? Serious question.

No I always knew it was a more sought after comic and since I was told to at least consider it I did and found 13 copies. What makes me not like is it's data and value is inconsistent and all over the place.

Listen,

If you're going to buy a book from me and sell it for three times what you bought it for can you at least promote me or properly title the name of the book on the CGC boards?

Not "harambe book"

Come on.

Sure I can do that it was just easier for me to remember it as the "Harambe variant" but yeah I have no problem giving credit to you.

For the FF 110 Green error printings I managed to find 13 copies and I've contacted three of them and it's much cheaper than the poor copy for 80 bucks.

Yeah, but that wasn't my point. I was just alerting you to the fact that that's the kind of book you should be finding.

All you need to do now is grade them accurately, list them on eBay truthfully (so as not to mislead any potential buyers).

If you do this right .. you might stand a chance of making some money (and if you do make some profit, rather than spending it on more books: Work on getting yourself out of that hole you've made).

Yup I will as soon as they respond and send me pics I'll make them an offer for it.

No I always knew it was a more sought after comic and since I was told to at least consider it I did and found 13 copies. What makes me not like is it's data and value is inconsistent and all over the place.

You'll find FF #112 has a larger market. :shy:

You'll find FF #112 has a larger market. :shy:

That comic has been going downhill for a while in the higher grades and the only reason that I know of that it's still holding it's value in the lower-mid grade levels is because it's a classic and crossover comic.

Listen,

Not "harambe book"

Come on.

Listen, next time you try and pimp a first appearance of a character, get the character and book right.

I took a bath on that stupid Diamondback recommendation.

Oh wait, no I didn't because I knew the Diamondback in Luke Cage wasn't a white woman lol

Listen,

Not "harambe book"

Come on.

Listen, next time you try and pimp a first appearance of a character, get the character and book right.

I took a bath on that stupid Diamondback recommendation.

Oh wait, no I didn't because I knew the Diamondback in Luke Cage wasn't a white woman lol

:o(worship)hm:golfclap:

Listen,

Not "harambe book"

Come on.

lol

8 8