• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price paid (including shipping) and how much you sold it for, accounting for selling fees.

Price Paid $33USD

Total after fees: $111usd

You don't like new books, yet you just tripled your money on one.

Older books which you prefer just netted you a tidy profit of .40 cents...and you're still defending that numbskull purchase.

:facepalm:

True but you know one of my reasons for buying it and older books are something I'm comfortable with and they are more stable then newer comics with longer windows.

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price paid (including shipping) and how much you sold it for, accounting for selling fees.

Price Paid $33USD

That's a pre-order, correct?

Correct

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

Older books which you prefer just netted you a tidy profit of .40 cents...and you're still defending that numbskull purchase.

True but you know one of my reasons for buying it and older books are something I'm comfortable with and they are more stable then newer comics with longer windows.

It seems like you have some knowledge about Archie Comics. Why don't you focus on those more than books you're unsure of?

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

Correct

???

So you're saying that you bought the book on pre-order for $33. Meaning the seller does not have the book. That also means that you do not have the book in hand. Then you sold the book that the original seller does not even have yet to someone else? Is that correct?

So, Original Seller ---> Sold to you for $33 (but does not have the book) --> You (who does not have the book) then sold the book to someone else for $111.

Is that correct?

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

It seems like you have some knowledge about Archie Comics. Why don't you focus on those more than books you're unsure of?

I love archie comics but unless their keys the sit for a long time so I could buy some to see how it goes but there are a few boardies I would need to talk to.

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

Correct

???

So you're saying that you bought the book on pre-order for $33. Meaning the seller does not have the book. That also means that you do not have the book in hand. Then you sold the book that the original seller does not even have yet to someone else? Is that correct?

So, Original Seller ---> Sold to you for $33 (but does not have the book) --> You (who does not have the book) then sold the book to someone else for $111.

Is that correct?

Almost the seller already has the comics and will ship out around nov 2nd and yes I don't have the comic on hand that's why it's a pre-order. As soon as I get it I will ship it to them should something happen I will give them a refund but the guy that purchased it knows how pre-orders work.

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

I love archie comics but unless their keys the sit for a long time so I could buy some to see how it goes but there are a few boardies I would need to talk to.

Unfortunately, unless priced very cheaply, it seems that non-key books will sit regardless of genre since people are flipping moderns to buy older keys. Archie keys will sell as you can see with the number of boardies inquiring about your Betty & Me #16. I buy up Archies whenever I can find decent deals on Ebay.

Just curious but why do you need to talk to other boardies about these books?

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

Correct

???

Is that correct?

Almost the seller already has the comics and will ship out around nov 2nd and yes I don't have the comic on hand that's why it's a pre-order. As soon as I get it I will ship it to them should something happen I will give them a refund but the guy that purchased it knows how pre-orders work.

What a complete joke! A pre-order is for when something is not available yet. Like when a facilitator pre-sells signatures. It's not so you can sell something that already exists but you're too impatient to wait for it to arrive.

People really need to stop enabling you. Even when you manage to sell a book you use inane and borderline unethical business practices.

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

Correct

???

Is that correct?

I hope that the person you purchased these 2 from is reputable. :wishluck:

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

Correct

???

Is that correct?

I hope that person finds out about this "Pre-Sale" and undercuts him. Selling the books himself to the buyer. Won't be an issue since they are apparently not even shipping until November 2nd.

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

Correct

???

Is that correct?

I hope that person finds out about this "Pre-Sale" and undercuts him. Selling the books himself to the buyer. Won't be an issue since they are apparently not even shipping until November 2nd.

I do know this person and this is my first pre-sale I've tried. He said that they will be shipping and everything is still a go. Why are you treating me like I'm a bad guy? Stores do this all the time and I'm happy to try this.

Edited by uchiha101

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

Correct

???

Is that correct?

I do know this person and this is my first pre-sale I've tried. He said that they will be shipping and everything is still a go. Why are you treating me like I'm a bad guy? Stores do this all the time and I'm happy to try this.

Because you are pre-selling on top of another person's pre-sale. You are not a store. You are not a facilitator. You don't get to do a pre-sale. Why add in extra layers of uncertainty and potential problems. How about selling books you actually have instead of books you bought from someone else that they don't even have yet.

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

Correct

???

Is that correct?

Because you are pre-selling on top of another person's pre-sale. You are not a store. You are not a facilitator. You don't get to do a pre-sale. Why add in extra layers of uncertainty and potential problems. How about selling books you actually have instead of books you bought from someone else that they don't even have yet.

Exactly. Does the buyer that you sold the book to know that you don't even have the book in hand? How do you KNOW what grade the book is actually in? You're grading skills are suspect at best. How do you justify selling a book at a given grade that you not only don't possess, but that you've never even actually seen? Is there no limit to the stupid things that you do? It's not enough that 80% of your flips are losers, but now your flipping books that you DON'T EVEN HAVE! Why don't you try using your head for something other than a handy place to wear a hat, because sooner or later, one of these experiments is going to blow up in your face, and there won't be a sympathetic boardie to bail you out.

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

Correct

???

Is that correct?

Regular people do this as well and yes it's a level of uncertainty but the person I've bought this from has lots of feedback and my comics that I have are listed there as well. Also his pre-sale ended as soon as the copies sold out which was about three days time I believe.

Edited by uchiha101

Sold comics

Harambe variant (1 copy)

Price Paid $33USD

Correct

???

Is that correct?

Exactly. Does the buyer that you sold the book to know that you don't even have the book in hand? How do you KNOW what grade the book is actually in? You're grading skills are suspect at best. How do you justify selling a book at a given grade that you not only don't possess, but that you've never even actually seen? Is there no limit to the stupid things that you do? It's not enough that 80% of your flips are losers, but now your flipping books that you DON'T EVEN HAVE! Why don't you try using your head for something other than a handy place to wear a hat, because sooner or later, one of these experiments is going to blow up in your face, and there won't be a sympathetic boardie to bail you out.

For the comic I know they can get damaged so I didn't specify any grade since I'm not sure myself all I told them is as soon as I get it I will ship it to them and before you accuse me of something at least check my listing because nowhere in it did I say it would come back a certain grade.

Edited by uchiha101

8 8