• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Comic purchased

four color 203

What are 5 words I hope never come out of my mouth for $200, Alex?

Jim

Ditto. As far as the OP buying it...is there something I'm missing?

It's one of the more sought after four color ducks comics and it's also a early appearance of Huey Dewey and Louie 178 was a bit expensive.

Here I go getting suckered in again, but saying the above bolded part is like saying it is one of the less terrible diseases to catch. Barks Ducks are not in demand, the prices have cooled tremendously, and if you paid anywhere near guide you're in big trouble in turning a profit.

I think ( and I could be wrong ) he's trying to create his own markets.

Comic purchased

four color 203

Jim

It's one of the more sought after four color ducks comics and it's also a early appearance of Huey Dewey and Louie 178 was a bit expensive.

Here I go getting suckered in again, but saying the above bolded part is like saying it is one of the less terrible diseases to catch. Barks Ducks are not in demand, the prices have cooled tremendously, and if you paid anywhere near guide you're in big trouble in turning a profit.

I know they aren't in demand as much as they used to be and it's a low grade copy I'm happy just having this one for me and if you're wondering $24 dollars shipped

I tend to not forget this is on a public board, and find hilarity in those that advocate

This may be a public forum but this is my journal. A meme here or there is fine but not spamming pages of it.

True, which is where asking people to stay on topic if such things bothers you, is probably the best way to go.

Then again, you've got someone who is willing to point these things out to you

It's not that I haven't noticed it's just that I was being polite and you guys knew when to stop but I'll mention it next time.

Comic purchased

four color 203

Jim

It was for myself

Comic purchased

four color 203

Jim

It was for myself

Fair enough, but why mention it here then? I thought this was about your road to success?

Nice pick up Gabe. Gearing up for a new Donald Duck movie? I'm hearing there is a large swell in demand for Duck books . . in Denmark . . 10 years ago.

You americans are SO narrow-minded. :makepoint:

There is nothing like "duck books" on a worldwide view, just Disney comics, which in their most accomplished endeavours will always remain classics.

You’re their country of origin, and you’re the only country whose kids barely know Walt Disney’s characters nowadays. Of course, it’s a vast cultural problem, the Disney management and choices brought you to this – but no one can deny IDW is doing a great job right now.

Now Gabe buys a great book for himself and all you are able to do is posting silly comments? C'mon…

Comic purchased

four color 203

Jim

It was for myself

Fair enough, but why mention it here then? I thought this was about your road to success?

The road to success is paved with useless stuff I buy for myself even though I only have a part-time minimum wage job, still live at home with my parents, and was on government assistance less than a year ago.

So, I'm trying to understand something.

The $11 per week budget is for new comics to flip, but if he sells existing inventory he can then repurpose that money for higher priced flippers, creating an "exception" to the budget rule.

So where is the money coming from for the Four Color book?

The $11 per week budget is for new comics to flip, but if he sells existing inventory he can then repurpose that money for higher priced flippers, creating an "exception" to the budget rule.

The pot of gold known as "I'll take everyone's advice and pay lip service to following it until I want to do something different, and then I will spend money on whatever I want and justify it somehow."

The pot of gold known as "I'll take everyone's advice and pay lip service to following it until I want to do something different, and then I will spend money on whatever I want and justify it somehow."

:D

I'm not going to begrudge him buying something for himself at all. Just curious if he has separate monies for flipping and personal collection....to be honest I didn't think he even liked comic books.

Comic purchased

four color 203

Jim

It was for myself

It is but this is also a purchase so I put it on here

Now this makes sense. Yes Gabe, why posting it here, where you reflect upon your buying and selling?

Well I had boardies ask to list whatever I buy or sell

Comic purchased

four color 203

Jim

It was for myself

do you post when you buy a new shirt? or soap? or candy?

I sold one of my games for 60 bucks

Comic purchased

four color 203

Jim

It was for myself

The road to success is paved with useless stuff I buy for myself even though I only have a part-time minimum wage job, still live at home with my parents, and was on government assistance less than a year ago.

I like the comic and I bought it for myself I consider it useless at all.

Wrong. I already said that my exception to the budget is I only use the money I sold something with and if I didn't that's too bad.

:D

I'm not going to begrudge him buying something for himself at all. Just curious if he has separate monies for flipping and personal collection....to be honest I didn't think he even liked comic books.

Yes I do have separate money for buying stuff for my own collection not very much but something. I do like comics I like : Archie, Batman, X-Men, Wolverine, Doctor Strange, Howard the duck, Spider-man, Some superman and Four color comics (duck books) . I also like Aquaman ,The Spectre and Justice league of America.

Comic purchased

four color 203

Jim

It was for myself

do you post when you buy a new shirt? or soap? or candy?

No because it's not comic related.

8 8