• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

So, I'm glad you bought a book for your own collection!! Congrats! Id love to hear more details on it.... why that particular book, do you plan on focusing on that genre, etc. Seems like an expensive buy, I'm curious on your motivations? Good luck with your future plan! Again, congrats on buying something that you hopefully will enjoy

So, I'm glad you bought a book for your own collection!! Congrats! Id love to hear more details on it.... why that particular book, do you plan on focusing on that genre, etc. Seems like an expensive buy, I'm curious on your motivations? Good luck with your future plan! Again, congrats on buying something that you hopefully will enjoy

It's a four color ducks comic, It was cheap and a more sought after key and yes despite that I bought it for myself. I like carl barks and his comics and have since I've seen them and his art and his level of detail in his oil paintings <3 . It was a 24 dollar purchase shipped. My main collecting interests would be four colors, Archie and Batman.

Comic purchased

four color 203

What are 5 words I hope never come out of my mouth for $200, Alex?

Jim

Ditto. As far as the OP buying it...is there something I'm missing?

It's one of the more sought after four color ducks comics and it's also a early appearance of Huey Dewey and Louie 178 was a bit expensive.

Here I go getting suckered in again, but saying the above bolded part is like saying it is one of the less terrible diseases to catch. Barks Ducks are not in demand, the prices have cooled tremendously, and if you paid anywhere near guide you're in big trouble in turning a profit.

That's a generalization with many exceptions. I do pretty well with high grade Dells - Ducks and otherwise - and early Four Colors to the right buyer. But yes, 203 is a pretty good book but tough to sell anywhere near guide.

Comic purchased

four color 203

Jim

It's one of the more sought after four color ducks comics and it's also a early appearance of Huey Dewey and Louie 178 was a bit expensive.

Here I go getting suckered in again, but saying the above bolded part is like saying it is one of the less terrible diseases to catch. Barks Ducks are not in demand, the prices have cooled tremendously, and if you paid anywhere near guide you're in big trouble in turning a profit.

That's a generalization with many exceptions. I do pretty well with high grade Dells - Ducks and otherwise - and early Four Colors to the right buyer. But yes, 203 is a pretty good book but tough to sell anywhere near guide.

Agreed they are great at the right price and I was looking at a 178 but that was expensive

Edited by uchiha101

Comic purchased

four color 203

Jim

Agreed they are great at the right price and I was looking at a 178 but that was expensive

For good reason, 178 is a wonderful book

Comic purchased

four color 203

Jim

For good reason, 178 is a wonderful book

1st appearance of scrooge but I think that cover would have been better if it switched with 386 to show his wealth imo.

What about putting some of this money into a savings account and saving up to get your own apartment?

Uncle Scrooge could actually be a pretty good roll model hm

Believe it or not he's one of the few reasons I got into comics

I tend to not forget this is on a public board, and find hilarity in those that advocate

This may be a public forum but this is my journal. A meme here or there is fine but not spamming pages of it.

True, which is where asking people to stay on topic if such things bothers you, is probably the best way to go.

Then again, you've got someone who is willing to point these things out to you

It's not that I haven't noticed it's just that I was being polite and you guys knew when to stop but I'll mention it next time.

Actually, in this case Gabe, being polite would be telling everyone here that you thank them for their advice, but you are going to do what you want to do, and you really don't need any help.

I think part of your social inadequacies lies with not being able to communicate in a assertive manner. Just my assumption.

I tend to not forget this is on a public board, and find hilarity in those that advocate

This may be a public forum but this is my journal. A meme here or there is fine but not spamming pages of it.

True, which is where asking people to stay on topic if such things bothers you, is probably the best way to go.

It's not that I haven't noticed it's just that I was being polite and you guys knew when to stop but I'll mention it next time.

Actually, in this case Gabe, being polite would be telling everyone here that you thank them for their advice, but you are going to do what you want to do, and you really don't need any help.

I think part of your social inadequacies lies with not being able to communicate in a assertive manner. Just my assumption.

advice? lol

advice? lol

When I need to chase pokemon in my underwear, you'll be the first I get a hold of ;)

What about putting some of this money into a savings account and saving up to get your own apartment?

Uncle Scrooge could actually be a pretty good roll model hm

Makes sense. Donald was a pretty good bread model.

cf8bfa018c17a74e8e8ef57b31525b8e.jpg

Nice ;)

I do have money in my savings account

Do you bank a certain percentage of your sales or do you take all the money from the stuff you sell and use it to buy more stuff?

Do you bank a certain percentage of your sales or do you take all the money from the stuff you sell and use it to buy more stuff?

I save about 10-20% depending on how much I bought and sold it for

You're right I'm not assertive and I should start.

I save about 10-20% depending on how much I bought and sold it for

How is this possible when you're over $1000 in the hole?

You're right I'm not assertive and I should start.

Listening to that guy should be about the last thing you should do...seriously.

8 8