• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Comics purchased

ST 157 Paid $13.50

Raw/Grade? Graded/Grade? Complete? Coverless? Did you go out and get candy last night?

Raw and complete about a 2.5/3.0 and no I wasn't allowed to get candy.

Personal or for resale?

Says who :sumo:

Any reason for the buy other then a personal book? If you are looking for bulk low demand Silver-Age books in VG I'm sure a ton of board members can beat that price even with Canada shipping.

Any reason for the buy other then a personal book? If you are looking for bulk low demand Silver-Age books in VG I'm sure a ton of board members can beat that price even with Canada shipping.

If I knew he just needed to have this book so bad, I would have just mailed him one out for free.

Gabe you gotta stop wasting your money.

Jim

If I knew he just needed to have this book so bad, I would have just mailed him one out for free.

Jim

I've got a need for a book that bad and yet you've never offered it to me... :sorry:

Comics purchased

ST 157 Paid $13.50

Raw/Grade? Graded/Grade? Complete? Coverless? Did you go out and get candy last night?

Personal or for resale?

My mom did

Comics purchased

ST 157 Paid $13.50

Personal or for resale?

Resale

It's not a personal buy it's the first living tribunal which according to my friend might have a role in the infinity wars.

Jim

I'm still up for it if you want to send one over

It's not a personal buy it's the first living tribunal which according to my friend might have a role in the infinity wars.

I've not heard of anyone gearing up for this book but weirder things have happened. You definitely like these long shot books.

I'm tempted to say something sarcastic because you seem to have missed my point. But instead I will be direct: My point is that you overpaid. Again. I'm not saying the value won't increase, but how much do you expect the value to increase? Enough to make that buy worth it since you overpaid. Have you done any basic comparative trend analysis with similar books? Do you even know what that is or how to do it? What makes you think it will be worth your investment for the price you paid? How much did Strange Tales 126 go up with the 1st app of Clea and Dormammu in that grade? Or a similar book like 1st app Collector?

Do you realize that you still live in Canada which means you probably paid more for shipping to get the comic and will probably have to charge more for shipping to sell the comic and that reduces your realizable margins on BOTH ends? Especially since you already bought it about FMV?

Please stop buying comics, you will lose, and continue to lose until you get professional help for your issues, more education, or a full time job. Please stop assuming you'll 'figure it out' and 'learn as you go'. Has anything in your life been successful that way?

Its like thinking you can play hockey other than the fact that you can't skate. You WILL NOT LEARN HOW TO SKATE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME. There will be occasions where you take a few steps in the right direction, but you'll either fall or get knocked down over and over and over. Which is not to say there isn't some amount of honor in continuing to get up after falling, just that its no good to anyone, including yourself. And people yelling from the sidelines won't help you skate any better either, no matter how well those people skate.

Please note that 'skating' in this scenario IS NOT BUYING AND SELLING CHEAPER COMICS OR COLLECTIBLES. Skating is gaining either through work (like at a job where people pay you) or education (organized school) actual business and analytical skills that will help you make logical, reasonable, basic, economic decisions. Learning to skate should not occur in a competitive environment, so that you can fall and get back up without real consequence.

As always, I'm sure you will ignore this advice because it doesn't fit your fantasy narrative of how you think your life will be greatly improved if you could only string together some consecutive flipping successes. As if going to a yard sale and pulling a $500 for $5 magically makes you good at math or gives you better hygiene or cures your learning disability. All it would do is make you overconfident leading to more poor decisions. You keep thinking its just about a couple hundred dollars in losses, but its really about your decision making abilities, which impact not just your wallet but every part of your life.

Does Gabe really live in Canada?!

I sent him those Animosity #3s but his registered address was in the US...

Yes he is. He has a friend who he has his US buys shipped too...Guess he neglected to advise you of that or change his PayPal?

doh!

Edited by Wall-Crawler

Does Gabe really live in Canada?!

I sent him those Animosity #3s but his registered address was in the US...

Yes he is. He has a friend who he has his US buys shipped too...Guess he neglected to advise you of that or change his PayPal?

doh!

Its cheaper for me to send to the US anyways. (CHITCHAT EXPRESS BABY!)

Thank you though. I am no longer concerned.

Comics purchased

ST 157 Paid $13.50

Personal or for resale?

My mom did

Wait wait wait are you being serious here? That your mom had to tell you it is "not cool" for a 22 year old to go trick or treating????

8 8