• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Thanks. For the scale can it be any digital scale as long as it's accurate?

Yeah anything like this should do you fine Gabe.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=postal+scale&sprefix=postal%2Caps%2C288

You just want it accurate and with a high enough capacity for larger packages.

Thanks

I got mine from Staples. It is a DYMO Model M10. Capacity 10lbs/4500g. Draws power from your laptop or PC. Super easy to operate. Just watch the online sales and/or flyers and get one on sale if $ is a concern.

Seriously, a scale could have saved you a lot of trouble and if you are going to be selling, it is a good tool to have.

Thanks. For the scale can it be any digital scale as long as it's accurate?

Yeah anything like this should do you fine Gabe.

https://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=postal+scale&sprefix=postal%2Caps%2C288

You just want it accurate and with a high enough capacity for larger packages.

Thanks

I got mine from Staples. It is a DYMO Model M10. Capacity 10lbs/4500g. Draws power from your laptop or PC. Super easy to operate. Just watch the online sales and/or flyers and get one on sale if $ is a concern.

Seriously, a scale could have saved you a lot of trouble and if you are going to be selling, it is a good tool to have.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Why are you buying more modern variants though? I am referring to the Doctor Aphra? Do you have "a thing" for her?

It's low cost and easy to flip in most cases and after the Animosity #3 Harambe Variant I decided to take another shot but I check the print runs and prices before I decide if I want it or not. I don't have a "Thing" for her it's just buying and flipping to start finally making money.

Ok give me a few minutes and which comic are you interested in?

Batman 189

Ok I'll get you the update in a couple min I'm just eating right now

:eyeroll:

Nothing says 'professional' like telling a customer you're putting them on hold until you finish your bowl of capt. crunch. :grin:

Batman 189

Nothing says 'professional' like telling a customer you're putting them on hold until you finish your bowl of capt. crunch. :grin:

It's also nice to see the proper use of punctuation and spelling in that exchange that several have urged Gabe to adopt, which is another thing on the list of things he is "working on".

Batman 189

I told him that because some people I've dealt with get impatient and think I'm ignoring them.

Batman 189

It's also nice to see the proper use of punctuation and spelling in that exchange that several have urged Gabe to adopt, which is another thing on the list of things he is "working on".

Well I must be doing a better job if I haven't seen you complain about it otherwise ;)

Batman 189

Well I must be doing a better job if I haven't seen you complain about it otherwise ;)

Not at all, it just became clear that that advice, as with everything else that didn't come from your friend with the golden recommendations, was falling on deaf ears.

Batman 189

Not at all, it just became clear that that advice, as with everything else that didn't come from your friend with the golden recommendations, was falling on deaf ears.

Ah I see, it's not like I ignore everything that's been said to me, but I'm happy I didn't return the bat 189 like the boardies told me to because I sold it under 6 months and for a profit.

Batman 189

Ah I see, it's not like I ignore everything that's been said to me, but I'm happy I didn't return the bat 189 like the boardies told me to because I sold it under 6 months and for a profit.

Nice punctuation and grammar.

And yes, nothing like a minor success to reinforce your perception that you know what you're doing and the collective board wisdom is wrong. Good luck to you.

Well, I guess a six-month flip for $50 profit beats getting six months worth of marketable education. Or work experience. Or people-skills experience. Or self-reliance. Or impulse control.

:grin:

No, it took me 36 days to sell the comic the six months was the deadline I set myself.

Batman 189

Nice punctuation and grammar.

And yes, nothing like a minor success to reinforce your perception that you know what you're doing and the collective board wisdom is wrong. Good luck to you.

Thanks. You know what I mean, I'm happy because I listened to my gut on this one and I was right, the research helped but I was beginning to doubt myself and wanted to return the comic like you guys said.

Edited by uchiha101

How would you return it? Buyers remorse is not a good reason to return a book.

While good you made some money you did get a little lucky. You are lucky you found a buyer but when you have time to spam 100 Facebook groups you are going to find someone. You also got lucky again when the buyer didn't back out over the shipping cost debacle. Is a $50 profit on a book nice? Sure. Is it anything to use to brag over though? No.

What are you currently in the hole for now?

8 8