• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

It took him 6 months to sell that book? Eeek.

Well, he gave two different numbers for how much it cost him (first was $108, then it was $116) and seeing the utterly convoluted and incomprehensible mess he made in explaining how much he spent shipping and how much the buyer paid and how he repeatedly changed the terms of the shipping costs on the buyer and who would pay what, I have zero confidence in any numbers being put forth here.

hm

That's because I needed to get all the numbers straight that's why it changed it again.

You should have had the numbers straight before you gave your buyer a quote for shipping. Also, once you gave the buyer a quote, you should have honored that price. That's how reputable people conduct business.

I agree I will do that next time.

You constantly make stupid mistakes and keep saying you'll improve on it. Maybe that's why you can't keep a job because the things you're doing is really common sense stuff. The way you handled that last sale was unprofessional. Going back and forth on the shipping was shady because it seemed like you were getting greedy. You were lucky he didn't back out of the transaction.

Yes I do make stupid mistakes that are common sense and I've said that many times already. I'm lucky he didn't back out and I wasn't getting greedy I just realized mistake with shipping in the last minute.

Yes it has. Not by a lot but just give it some more time. Yes I was reading about that and how sports cards fell in value but you can make money with this.

I also hear that you, er... one can also make money selling comicbooks too.

:grin:

Yes it has. Not by a lot but just give it some more time. Yes I was reading about that and how sports cards fell in value but you can make money with this.

I'm doing that as well and currently working on digging myself out of the hole I'm in.

I made money one time by going to college, learning some skills, studying to get a certification, then getting a job. Yes I will be paying $100 per month for the rest of my life in student loans. So I guess it didn't work out? Except I'll probably make at least 4.5x more than $100 per month for the rest of my life?

And I heard about this one guy who grew up in Italy and moved to Philly for high school, then was drafted to play basketball by Hornets and was traded to the Lakers. He was accused of rape and blew up Shaq's spot, but later won a bunch of NBA Championships.

I know this other guy who was born and raised in Philadelphia. I believe on the playground is where he spend most of his days. He got in one little fight and his mom got scared and was subsequently sent to live with his auntie and uncle in Bel-Air, California.

I heard about this other guy from Canada, half-Jew/half-black. He speaks slowly and softly to the beat about how he can't tell girls how he feels about them while rooting for any and every basketball team. He makes money somehow too.

I made money one time by going to college, learning some skills, studying to get a certification, then getting a job. Yes I will be paying $100 per month for the rest of my life in student loans. So I guess it didn't work out? Except I'll probably make at least 4.5x more than $100 per month for the rest of my life?

And I heard about this one guy who grew up in Italy and moved to Philly for high school, then was drafted to play basketball by Hornets and was traded to the Lakers. He was accused of rape and blew up Shaq's spot, but later won a bunch of NBA Championships.

I know this other guy who was born and raised in Philadelphia. I believe on the playground is where he spend most of his days. He got in one little fight and his mom got scared and was subsequently sent to live with his auntie and uncle in Bel-Air, California.

I heard about this other guy from Canada, half-Jew/half-black. He speaks slowly and softly to the beat about how he can't tell girls how he feels about them while rooting for any and every basketball team. He makes money somehow too.

I know the third one is Will smith and that's it. You say you have a debt that you'll be paying for the rest of your life so why not pay it all off at once? I'm sure they charge you interest on it. And like you guys have taught me it could be money better spent elsewhere.

I know the third one is Will smith and that's it. You say you have a debt that you'll be paying for the rest of your life so why not pay it all off at once? I'm sure they charge you interest on it. And like you guys have taught me it could be money better spent elsewhere.

1) Kobe Bryant

2) Fresh Prince of Bel Air - AKA Will Smith

3) Drake

1) Kobe Bryant

3) Drake

Now school him on student loans.

1) Kobe Bryant

3) Drake

My aunt paid off my student loans after I graduated. Take that student loan payers.

1) Kobe Bryant

3) Drake

Well not that I know who he is I take it back but just because you're rich doesn't mean you know how to spend it wisely, there are many celebrities that went bankrupt and broke so I applaud him for not being stupid with money.

Let me get this straight...You are giving financial advice to...ANYONE??? :roflmao:

1) Kobe Bryant

3) Drake

I believe that student loan has a sweeter and more flexible repayment plan so it's sometimes better to pay the monthly payments.

But what do I know about student loan repayments?

The first few years are when you pay the most interest but also when you make the least money, so the odds of anyone paying off the loan early in the life of the loan are low. Then after 5 years, you'd rather keep paying low interest on your school loan and use your cash for the down payment of your house, which would probably have been a higher interest loan. Then, a few years after you bought your house and saved up some cash and can probably pay off your school loan, the interest is pretty low and is tax deductible, to the point where my effective interest paid (after taxes) per year is like $10-$30 and slowly shrinking every year.

But every situation is unique. It may depend on interest rates, your family financial situation, your credit rating, whether or not you're married, have kids, own a house, etc. For me, by the time I felt financially secure enough to payoff my school loans, it didn't really make sense to. I'd rather pay a little bit per year and have a nest egg ready in case something bad (or good) happens.

For example, if I lost my job and I had $40K in savings I could survive, even if I have to pay $200 in interest per year on my school loans. But if I paid off my school loans and had zero savings, it would be VERY hard to get a loan from the bank for $40K if I was fired from my job, and if I did, the rate would be way higher.

There's nothing inherently wrong with borrowing money, whether its a credit card or school loan or mortgage. Nothing wrong with paying interest, that's how and why banks exist. And that's how business get started everyday and how houses get bought everyday. But a person needs to be able to manage it and understand it and respect it.

Edited by Revat

I'm doing that as well and currently working on digging myself out of the hole I'm in.

TRY THIS (or any other restaurant or retailer or anything, really)

166564.png.f0600a1a8fd6a156819950b169918225.png

He already applied there. I have to assume since we heard nothing about it after he dropped off his resume that he didn't get the job.

He already applied there. I have to assume since we heard nothing about it after he dropped off his resume that he didn't get the job.

:gossip:That's why I said there or any other restaurant or retailer or anything

:foryou:

Here is 177 jobs posted:

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/job_search_results.do?cty=22407&pcd=ON&wid=px&sort=D

But I guess selling baseball cards will be cooler

Here is 177 jobs posted:

I hear POGS can only go up! Invest now!!!!

1) Kobe Bryant

3) Drake

I believe that student loan has a sweeter and more flexible repayment plan so it's sometimes better to pay the monthly payments.

But what do I know about student loan repayments?

Not sure but paying the minimum all the time will keep you with them forever but I guess to each their own.

Here is 177 jobs posted:

I hear POGS can only go up! Invest now!!!!

Haha

That's correct.

The first few years are when you pay the most interest but also when you make the least money, so the odds of anyone paying off the loan early in the life of the loan are low. Then after 5 years, you'd rather keep paying low interest on your school loan and use your cash for the down payment of your house, which would probably have been a higher interest loan. Then, a few years after you bought your house and saved up some cash and can probably pay off your school loan, the interest is pretty low and is tax deductible, to the point where my effective interest paid (after taxes) per year is like $10-$30 and slowly shrinking every year.

But every situation is unique. It may depend on interest rates, your family financial situation, your credit rating, whether or not you're married, have kids, own a house, etc. For me, by the time I felt financially secure enough to payoff my school loans, it didn't really make sense to. I'd rather pay a little bit per year and have a nest egg ready in case something bad (or good) happens.

For example, if I lost my job and I had $40K in savings I could survive, even if I have to pay $200 in interest per year on my school loans. But if I paid off my school loans and had zero savings, it would be VERY hard to get a loan from the bank for $40K if I was fired from my job, and if I did, the rate would be way higher.

There's nothing inherently wrong with borrowing money, whether its a credit card or school loan or mortgage. Nothing wrong with paying interest, that's how and why banks exist. And that's how business get started everyday and how houses get bought everyday. But a person needs to be able to manage it and understand it and respect it.

That's a good way of looking at it and I'll keep that in mind. I just read it's better to get rid of your debts before everything adds up to the point of where you can't handle it anymore. I know there is good debt and bad debt but many people I've now and stuck with debt because they treated credit cards like atm's. I do like how you saved the money up the was a smart thing.

8 8