• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

It took him 6 months to sell that book? Eeek.

Well, he gave two different numbers for how much it cost him (first was $108, then it was $116) and seeing the utterly convoluted and incomprehensible mess he made in explaining how much he spent shipping and how much the buyer paid and how he repeatedly changed the terms of the shipping costs on the buyer and who would pay what, I have zero confidence in any numbers being put forth here.

hm

How would you return it? Buyers remorse is not a good reason to return a book.

While good you made some money you did get a little lucky. You are lucky you found a buyer but when you have time to spam 100 Facebook groups you are going to find someone. You also got lucky again when the buyer didn't back out over the shipping cost debacle. Is a $50 profit on a book nice? Sure. Is it anything to use to brag over though? No.

What are you currently in the hole for now?

It's 87.09 in profit to be exact :) That's how I usually sell things, I post in as many groups as I can and if it doesn't go fast enough I put it on kijiji or ebay. I wouldn't say bragging but I've said before you don't give chances to the same comics as I do, sure it wasn't the quickest flip but $87.09 in profit is good.

$1097.71 Is the hole I'm in for now.

Well, he gave two different numbers for how much it cost him (first was $108, then it was $116) and seeing the utterly convoluted and incomprehensible mess he made in explaining how much he spent shipping and how much the buyer paid and how he repeatedly changed the terms of the shipping costs on the buyer and who would pay what, I have zero confidence in any numbers being put forth here.

hm

That's because I needed to get all the numbers straight that's why it changed it again.

Edited by uchiha101

hm

That's because I needed to get all the numbers straight that's why it changed it again.

You should have had the numbers straight before you gave your buyer a quote for shipping. Also, once you gave the buyer a quote, you should have honored that price. That's how reputable people conduct business.

hm

You should have had the numbers straight before you gave your buyer a quote for shipping. Also, once you gave the buyer a quote, you should have honored that price. That's how reputable people conduct business.

I agree I will do that next time.

hm

I agree I will do that next time.

You constantly make stupid mistakes and keep saying you'll improve on it. Maybe that's why you can't keep a job because the things you're doing is really common sense stuff. The way you handled that last sale was unprofessional. Going back and forth on the shipping was shady because it seemed like you were getting greedy. You were lucky he didn't back out of the transaction.

So, Gabe, thinking of getting into the sports card game?

With the bottom dropping out of video games I'll keep an eye on it but I want to try sports cards and I have a friend that might let me sell some of his cards. I also used to sell yugioh cards before.

With the bottom dropping out of video games I'll keep an eye on it but I want to try sports cards and I have a friend that might let me sell some of his cards. I also used to sell yugioh cards before.

Why would your friend have you sell his sports cards when you know nothing about sports cards? :facepalm:

How is the bottom dropping out on video games?

It's not. Nothing has changed. You know where the bottom really fell out? Sports cards. And it was years ago.

Why would your friend have you sell his sports cards when you know nothing about sports cards? :facepalm:

pretty easy to figure that one out - drek!

Boxes of cards that are not worth someones time as they have more profitable ventures - could be easily handed over to Gabe. Why not?

If I had someone like him in my area - I would be putting them to work helping clear out low value books.

Because GABE is not making any money at it; therefore, the bottom has dropped out.

It is pretty scientific dontchyaknow?

:P

He said I can take my time with them and it's just research I would need to do on them. He knows my situation because I told him and he said he doesn't have time to play around with listings.

On games in general, people have skyrocketed the price of video games for a while and they're beginning to normalize. For example I had a bunch of gamecube games that would hold value but within a month they lost 100 dollars in value. I have people I'm friends with as well saying their stores aren't making as much as they used to as well.

It's not. Nothing has changed. You know where the bottom really fell out? Sports cards. And it was years ago.

Yes it has. Not by a lot but just give it some more time. Yes I was reading about that and how sports cards fell in value but you can make money with this.

Because GABE is not making any money at it; therefore, the bottom has dropped out.

It is pretty scientific dontchyaknow?

:P

That's not it at all.

pretty easy to figure that one out - drek!

Boxes of cards that are not worth someones time as they have more profitable ventures - could be easily handed over to Gabe. Why not?

If I had someone like him in my area - I would be putting them to work helping clear out low value books.

Yes, that's what it would start with. He says that he has lots of 10 dollars cards and he doesn't have time to list them and once I prove I can sell those I'll get his higher end stuff. He said he'll put in a couple higher end cards just to see how I'll do with them.

8 8