• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 5/21/2022 at 3:07 PM, ivegotneatstuff said:

Just received this back from the CGC .. look closely at Sabrina and you will see a 9 inch black hair going across the entire book .. sealed in the case. (actually - editing this as I realized its not only sealed but comes right out of the top as well...)

They will fix it for you, send an email to submissions@cgccomics.com with your photo and such. 

Assuming you haven't been through this dance before.

On 5/23/2022 at 9:43 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Add mine to the list:

IMG_3059.thumb.jpg.5f249883c51f3d1bfa52de38d1b8f32f.jpg

Oh wow! How can this be??? How does that pass QC???

How many CGC-hands did that pass through after it was slabbed there?

Are they blindfolded?

It HAS to be a volume-problem. Far too many books and far too few trained employees, and far too distant supervisors. 

lucille-ball-i-love-lucy.gif

Edited by jcjames

On 5/19/2022 at 4:53 PM, Stefan_W said:

Yesterday was the one month anniversary of having a book arrive back at my home that was not slabbed even though it was listed as 9.8 in the online tracking and I was charged for it. I got on the phone with CGC within 15 mins of opening the box, and I have been on the phone with them several times since then with no resolution. 

I try to be fair and I understand that things happen, but this should have been pretty straightforward. They should send me a slip to send it back, re-grade, and either slab it or refund the cash I paid to slab that book. Either that or send me a credit to compensate for everything. But every time I call there is no decision made on this issue, and the people on the help line have to real authority to make decisions. I am starting to get frustrated. 

I called again today and they let me know that a decision has been reached on how to handle this. They will be sending me a label to send it back using the Mechanical Error submission, and then they will look at it again and put it into a slab if they still think it is a 9.8. So basically what I was hoping for as a resolution. 

On 5/23/2022 at 9:53 AM, jcjames said:

It HAS to be a volume-problem. Far too many books and far too few trained employees, and far too distant supervisors. 

That might be a good excuse for some problems, but an upside down book is pretty blatant.  That's like me checking a bunch of pre-school exams and noting whether all the kids put 2 as the answer to "1 + 1 = ".  Whether I check 100 or 1000, that's something so simple that I should have a 100% review rate no matter the quantities.  Also, as stated before, volume would make sense if wait times remained the same, but wait times are still higher than they were 3-4 years ago.  Which means they're not necessarily decreasing the time spent reviewing each book.

About to pack up 16 books and label the box ME. Sadly 6 of these (two different orders) had already made one trip to ME. Three out of six that arrived today from ME have great looking, scratch free slabs but two contain plastic debris and one 9.2 now has a tear on the back cover. :facepalm:

IMG_3676.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg