• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2022 at 1:02 PM, I like pie said:

Same book. It had a custom label when it went in for reholder. They just didn't put it back when they encapsulated. 

I know.  That's why I asked those questions.

Just seems odd they replace the label on a reholder...Unless maybe it got damaged during the attempt.

On 8/30/2022 at 1:12 PM, CGC Mike said:

Will do!  (thumbsu

@CGC Mike Question on something like this. Is there something in the QC process where if a book is sent back for a reholder for a defect does the person doing the final QC know about the original reason the book was sent back? 

• Administrator
On 8/30/2022 at 1:45 PM, wombat said:

@CGC Mike Question on something like this. Is there something in the QC process where if a book is sent back for a reholder for a defect does the person doing the final QC know about the original reason the book was sent back? 

To be honest, I am not sure.  I will ask Mike in the next e-mail, which I probably will send Sunday.  

On 8/30/2022 at 10:51 AM, CGC Mike said:

To be honest, I am not sure.  I will ask Mike in the next e-mail, which I probably will send Sunday.  

Hey Mike,

I, like what it seems to be many others, continue to get full shipments of books that are just riddled with newton rings. This year alone I have sent 11 full boxes back to CGC (todays box will be my 12th in 8 months). Sometimes they come back fixed, often times they come back with more newton rings (which seems like the answer to the question above is that no one is communicating why these books are coming back for a re-holder). This cannot be cost effective for CGC because you are constantly paying for the next day shipping back and forth when it seems like it's just better to fix the issue out the gate. It's not even like these are small newton rings. The books I'm getting back have full blobs on the cover.

Ive spoken to so many customer service reps who all seem uninformed on what is actually going on. One person literally told me to put my slabs in a refridgerator to see if that would help make them go away. One person told me to send a note but wasn't sure if it would even get to who needs to see it. Another person told me they would have the Manager of customer service call me as soon as possible (that call never came). It just seems like there is NO communication going on department to department, when the simple solution should be to make sure no book goes out with errors and deliver a great product. Thats why we pay this company a premium.

I really don't know what left I can do as a consumer at this point other than just cancel my membership and charge back any cgc bills that contain newton rings to my credit card. I really hope you are able to help with this situation, I have exhausted all options and I am running out of faith with CGC.

Here is a small sample of the box I got back today:

IMG_6588.thumb.jpg.04fd2a1f374b0b7b5dbb6cd82be8c442.jpgIMG_6589.thumb.jpg.8a1a0a4c38d6d7b8ac5cdf6ee0909bbb.jpgIMG_6590.thumb.jpg.8e3907a848ccc4037333c3e4dfef5073.jpg

On 9/1/2022 at 1:37 PM, The Meta said:

Not sure why there is no notation between these two issues. Not sure if its a 3D edition or variant, but SOMETHING should be noted on the label

20220901_112115.jpg

20220901_112044.jpg

That's such a confusing book. There are like 6 different covers. There's the A & B covers, plus an American Entertainment variant, AND a SDCC variant (which is the same as the B cover with a little banner blurb on the corner about SDCC), and also 3-D versions of A & B.  And adding to the confusion, there's also a Generation X Gen 13 book which was a completely different one-shot, with two covers of its own. Basically, with CGC labelling being what it is, this book never had a chance of being labeled correctly ha

Edited by F For Fake

On 9/1/2022 at 1:13 PM, F For Fake said:

That's such a confusing book. There are like 6 different covers. There's the A & B covers, plus an American Entertainment variant, AND a SDCC variant (which is the same as the B cover with a little banner blurb on the corner about SDCC), and also 3-D versions of A & B.  And adding to the confusion, there's also a Generation X Gen 13 book which was a completely different one-shot, with two covers of its own. Basically, with CGC labelling being what it is, this book never had a chance of being labeled correctly ha

Sigh, now I have to dig through my boxes to see which variants I'm missing

On 9/1/2022 at 3:17 PM, The Meta said:

Sigh, now I have to dig through my boxes to see which variants I'm missing

I know the feeling. I can never remember, so if I find them in dollar bins, I just buy them. So I'm sure I have a very disproportionate collection of one cover over the others.

On 9/1/2022 at 1:19 PM, F For Fake said:

I know the feeling. I can never remember, so if I find them in dollar bins, I just buy them. So I'm sure I have a very disproportionate collection of one cover over the others.

I know I have at least 5 of the Jughead 13 covers lol

On 9/1/2022 at 3:22 PM, The Meta said:

I know I have at least 5 of the Jughead 13 covers lol

Oh man, I feel that. With the 13 A B C variants I am drowning in the Bone covers, because I keep thinking "Wait, do I have that one?" The answer is yes. Yes, you insufficiently_thoughtful_person, you have them. So many of them.

On 6/29/2022 at 10:48 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Really? Waited a year for these to come back…and this…

09418EEC-6621-4DC7-BDAF-3920152D4C94.jpeg

66C68AE6-F9EB-40AE-98B9-6D1F558882C5.jpeg

just got the books back…..annnnnd they’re STILL incorrect. Get your s$&@ together CGC!!!!!

DDE2B4D6-0AED-479E-9DCA-9797A1A4DB20.jpeg

79D26597-1302-40BF-B203-CB6A38742BAF.jpeg

Check every slab you get! This is one of my books…no seal/glue on the slab. Just the front and the back of the slab sitting on top of each other in a CGC sleeve. Yet another issue I’m goi g to have to deal with…

image.jpg

Edited by AGGIEZ

On 9/1/2022 at 10:15 PM, AGGIEZ said:

Check every slab you get! This is one of my books…no seal/glue on the slab. Just the front and the back of the slab sitting on top of each other in a CGC sleeve. Yet another issue I’m goi g to have to deal with…

image.jpg

Good grief 

My head would explode if I got a submission like that back 🤯 

On 9/1/2022 at 10:53 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I can’t imagine working for a company that continually is being shown their quality of work is poor

Which of these do you think best describes how the employees react each time they're told of these problems...

urkel.jpg

care.jpg