• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2022 at 7:58 PM, CGC Mike said:
On 9/8/2022 at 7:50 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

that.  But why is CGC removing notes from Qualified labels?  I don’t remember that being mentioned in the announcement.  Seems pretty silly to remove the notes on Grceen labels.

I believe the announcement referred to CGC labels.  

Even restored, just a blanket statement. :cheers:

So the notes were all that cumbersome? What about Mark jewelers or national diamond or other inserts? Do we have an example of what will happen to those?

On 9/8/2022 at 8:01 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here's a link to the announcement.

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10226/

Ah that answered all questions to this

On 9/8/2022 at 8:01 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Even restored, just a blanket statement. :cheers:

So the notes were all that cumbersome? What about Mark jewelers or national diamond or other inserts? Do we have an example of what will happen to those?

Thank you

On 9/8/2022 at 9:48 PM, Iceman399 said:

Wow I'm so glad we have new qc ppl. 

@CGC Mike

I don't think I've had a single submission in 2022 come back without issues. 

20220908_214645.jpg

And errors like this are especially frustrating for those of us north of the border, even though not "out of pocket" the annoyance to have to repack and longer waiting time is an extra layer of frustration...

Edited by Wall-Crawler

On 9/9/2022 at 12:24 PM, Wall-Crawler said:

And errors like this are especially frustrating for those of us north of the border, even though not "out of pocket" the annoyance to have to repack and longer waiting time is an extra layer of frustration...

It also calls into question when I sub 3 of the same book.

1 comes back a 9.8

1 comes back a 9.6

1 comes back a 9.4

are there any real assurances that CGC has put them in the right holder?  :frustrated: 

On 9/9/2022 at 12:51 PM, Iceman399 said:

1 comes back a 9.8

1 comes back a 9.6

1 comes back a 9.4

are there any real assurances that CGC has put them in the right holder?  :frustrated: 

That's a worry of mine.  In my last submission I subbed three copies of the same book.  But I spread them out in positions #3, #12, #24, if that makes any sense. 

On 9/9/2022 at 1:06 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

That's a worry of mine.  In my last submission I subbed three copies of the same book.  But I spread them out in positions #3, #12, #24, if that makes any sense. 

I have done that before too but no idea if made a difference...All came back same grade except 1...

On 9/9/2022 at 12:51 PM, Iceman399 said:

1 comes back a 9.8

1 comes back a 9.6

1 comes back a 9.4

This is a very real concern with CGC, and that's a shame. Is the level of concern with this issue the same (if at all) with other grading companies?

On 9/11/2022 at 6:30 AM, Gaard said:

This is a very real concern with CGC, and that's a shame. Is the level of concern with this issue the same (if at all) with other grading companies?

Oh Voldy is going through some very concerning problems right now

The forum henchmen are doing a very good job of protecting their brand while alienating new customers 

People feel CGC is on the rocks, if that forum keeps going the way it does, they'll be in the Mariana trench in no time

On 9/9/2022 at 10:51 AM, Iceman399 said:

1 comes back a 9.8

1 comes back a 9.6

1 comes back a 9.4

If they mix up labels for two entirely different books clearly they do it for books that are the same title and issue #.  Once we accept that how do we trust their grades on any book?