• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

On 9/19/2022 at 11:50 AM, F For Fake said:

I will say that while I probably come off as a negative nancy, I'm rooting for CGC to get their act together. A strong CGC is good for the hobby, and I love the hobby. So what comes across as negativity is really just disappointment.

I really want CGC to right the ship as well

Many people NEED CGC to right the ship

Its up to us to constantly remind them why WE made them so big

As a WE, we demand better

We demand integrity 

And there is a possibility we may make another grading company 

On 9/19/2022 at 2:56 PM, Gaard said:

A giant first step towards righting the ship would be to put 'do what's right' higher than 'do what's going to make us the most money' on the importance meter.

Do you really think this will happen (or happen quickly) with the new management at CGC?

On 9/15/2022 at 4:41 PM, Iceman399 said:

Cgc has reduced the discount for dealers. This might be the straw that I no longer submit for anyone else. I can't be bothered to now have to explain why his book will take another month. Get grief from them and have them pissed off at me with something that is totally outside my control. 

Both of my local shops have stopped accepting submissions from customers due to this

On 9/20/2022 at 2:53 PM, mattn792 said:

On a side note, Jim Lee is just as bad as Stan Lee when it comes to signing on faces.

That's kind of on OP for not being more specific with where they wanted the book signed.  Judging by pics from the signing events, they just lay all the books on the table and the creator just signs them really quickly.