• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,156 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 9/22/2022 at 2:55 PM, manetteska said:

No pressing is needed, unless they really mess something up to get to the swapped labels.

So due to CGC's QC (?) error, my Walkthrough TAT of 3 days is now actually 3 days (per CGC site) + multiple rounds of shipping + ~ 4 weeks of ME time?

It's possible customer service will offer you some kind of credit seems your order was initially a walk through.  You could  call them or if you prefer, I could contact them for you.  Just PM me all of the details including the submission number, and your customer id number.

Hey CGC, thanks for adding the ink mark on my KOTOR 9. This being the replacement copy I purchased and subbed because you got what looks to be black sharpy on my last copy two years ago. I'm thrilled to be losing money on another copy of this.

PXL_20220923_044950194~2.jpg

Edited by Tnexus

@CGC Mike are we seriously sending out a survey asking if we are satisfied before we have even gotten any sort of resolution.

Email CGC asking for return label for QC issues on September 21

CGC emails back (Sept 23) saying I'll get you a label and send it over when it's completed.

2 hrs later survey sent out. :roflmao:

Am I satisfied?  Of course not.  I haven't got my label yet. lol 

Edited by Iceman399

On 9/23/2022 at 4:15 PM, Iceman399 said:

@CGC Mike are we seriously sending out a survey asking if we are satisfied before we have even gotten any sort of resolution.

Email CGC asking for return label for QC issues on September 21

CGC emails back (Sept 23) saying I'll get you a label and send it over when it's completed.

2 hrs later survey sent out. :roflmao:

Am I satisfied?  Of course not.  I haven't got my label yet. lol 

The follow up email is probably automated.

You print the label yourself. Fill out a new sub form, click ME, choose shipping method, print pre-paid label, ship. (thumbsu

On 9/22/2022 at 2:53 PM, thehumantorch said:

Over 300 books.  That’s a dump truck full.  The magnitude of failure by cbcs is unprecedented and inexcusable 

It's a long box full, if reality is important to you.  But rather that one terrible incident of a single submitter's 300 books than 300 incidents of 300 submitters' books, like here. 

And as for unprecedented... just remember you made this claim on page 179 of a thread full of CGC fails.  

High Quality Hasselhoff finger guns Blank Meme Template

On 9/23/2022 at 8:51 PM, wormboy said:

The follow up email is probably automated.

You print the label yourself. Fill out a new sub form, click ME, choose shipping method, print pre-paid label, ship. (thumbsu

Yes I know I print the label myself.  However being international means they have to email it to me, which I have not gotten.

My point is what is the point in sending out a survey if the "ticket/request" hasn't been finished.  Even if it's automated it shouldn't be emailed out until the CS rep has deemed the case closed.

No trimmed comic, page, whatever should ever ever have a blue label

CGC made this rule themselves 

If they aren't going to follow it, then there is NO GRADING STANDARD and anyone paying CGC for their services are paying for nothing

At this point they are no longer a grading company, they are an encapsulating company, and you can get a better deal anywhere else because you can get encapsulation and grading for the same fee

• Administrator
On 9/24/2022 at 4:12 PM, Iceman399 said:

did CGC change their stance or is this another screw up? 
@CGC Mike

Not that I am aware of.  I am sure this is a mistake.  I'll be bringing this up, along with a bunch of other things in my e-mail to the QC manager.  That e-mail gets distributed to the entire team.  I'll be driving over there in a month or so.  I'll do another tour of the facility and will attend and most likely speak at a QC meeting.  I'm making it my goal to improve on what we have been seeing.  Change takes time but, it will happen.