• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,168 posts in this topic

Just an observation...

Going by the "signed by..." date vs the "Grade Date", it appears appears grading is done approximately 4 months after they're signed. I've never done a signing before ... is this correct?

On 10/16/2022 at 4:39 AM, Gaard said:

Just an observation...

Going by the "signed by..." date vs the "Grade Date", it appears appears grading is done approximately 4 months after they're signed. I've never done a signing before ... is this correct?

Not in general, no. Especially for in-house signings.

In house signings usually promise 6 weeks no press and 8 weeks with a press, TAT, for signed books.

If it wasn't signed at an in-house signing specifically, then it would just have the TAT for whatever tier of book they are (thumbsu regardless of "when they were signed" :cheers: 

On 10/15/2022 at 7:09 PM, littledoom said:
On 9/28/2022 at 3:35 PM, manetteska said:

This, and more extreme examples of irrevocably damaging a book, are why I don't send any of my golden age books in.

encapsulating books IMO is a very big gamble

No doubt. If CGC doesn't maim your book, they my get the label wrong, or have scratches on the case, or send you the wrong book entirely.

I had a Hulk 180/181 label swap (shown earlier in this thread). From an original walkthrough, it took 4 weeks to swap the labels back, however, I'm not sure if they even did that b/c now UPS has lost the package.

So @CGC Mike: Who do I contact at CGC, and how, to get them to open a UPS claim to so UPS can attempt to look for my missing comics?

On 10/17/2022 at 6:37 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

If you’re buying 30 cent variants, and missed the “Still only 25c” ....that’s on you.:baiting:

If you’re buying  shipping out 30 cent variants, and missed the “Still only 25c” ....that’s on you.:baiting: