• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
43 43

6,157 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 8/24/2023 at 5:27 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Mike,

Does the grade date of 8/23 indicate when the comic book was graded, when the error was corrected, or both? My assumption is that it was graded prior to 8/23, e.g., 8/21, is that, I'll write in the negative, incorrect.

Thank you.

I believe it is the date the error was corrected.

On 8/24/2023 at 7:26 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

I think its safe to say any information on any label could be incorrect. That includes date, title, issue number, variant, ect..... and last but not least....... the grade given. Someone meant to enter 5.0 on that SA key but accidentally put 7.0

Which is why the have such thorough QC to catch such errors......................

On 8/24/2023 at 2:24 AM, Domo Arigato said:

If that seriously is a true story......I would have instantly told them to **** off.

Seriously.....the ego being displayed because they think they can't be knocked off of their high horse. :facepalm:

I'd ask for ME on the 15th day, then wait for a reply :roflmao:

I was at FanExpo Canada on the weekend in Toronto. I was sitting outside at the end of the day and just by chance, CGC was was taking out the comic and card submission from the convention.  I turned on my camera and almost caught a box falling off their cart at the 33 second mark LOL. Close call

CGC - Near Box Fall at 33 Seconds

Shipped a cracked slab in for a re-slab. Came back with some type of black plastic inside, surprisingly no scuffs on the back back of the case like the ones I had to send back a week ago as well.
Back it goes. Frustrating part is this was just one slab so the cost of submission & shipping isn't spread across a multiple book order.

Has anyone been able to get the cost of shipping to CGC refunded?

IMG_7442.JPG

IMG_7440.JPG

IMG_7441.JPG

Edited by ygogolak

On 8/31/2023 at 2:28 PM, ygogolak said:

Shipped a cracked slab in for a re-slab. Came back with some type of black plastic inside, surprisingly no scuffs on the back back of the case like the ones I had to send back a week ago as well.
Back it goes. Frustrating part is this was just one slab so the cost of submission & shipping isn't spread across a multiple book order.

IMG_7442.JPG

IMG_7440.JPG

IMG_7441.JPG

It looks like a Klyntar. Perhaps that is the problem CGC is having. :)

On 8/31/2023 at 2:28 PM, ygogolak said:

Whenever I sent in a ME, they've always refunded me the shipping. They just had me scan the receipt and send it to them. Of course, this was before the new owners. This isn't an automatic refund these days?

On 8/31/2023 at 1:06 PM, Gaard said:

Whenever I sent in a ME, they've always refunded me the shipping. They just had me scan the receipt and send it to them. Of course, this was before the new owners. This isn't an automatic refund these days?

My last ME, they sent a prepaid label. 

edit: this was earlier in the month 

Edited by Beastfeast

These are minor issues, but it took 9 months to get this slabbed. When it finally arrived back in May, the case was shattered. I returned it, and it's been gone 3 months (so, 12 months total).

Now there are two minor scuffs on the back (inside the shell) and a small bit of debris possibly touching the comic. So, after a full year with CGC, would you bother sending it back?

Regardless, this will be the last book I get graded. It just isn't worth the hassle.

scuffs.jpg.d567338926a8e10d7e2cce1763aa4f79.jpgdebris.jpg.944b1f95e46334321f9106a721cfb472.jpg

Edited by kprime

On 9/1/2023 at 2:02 AM, kprime said:

So, after a full year with CGC, would you bother sending it back?

This is what CGC is hoping for.

On 9/1/2023 at 2:02 AM, kprime said:

Regardless, this will be the last book I get graded. It just isn't worth the hassle.

This is either what they didn't count on, or did but don't care.

On 8/22/2023 at 10:11 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

“If you want the rainbow, you’ve got to part with the rain. Do you know which philosopher said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she’s just a pair of tits.”

*put up with

Jim Croce sang it many years ago (not verbatim, but same sentiment)

Not that any other board member should care, and very likely do not, but I'm undecided whether to renew my CGC membership that expired on September 5, 2023, due primarily to the continuous QC issues although I have been on a run of good fortune with QC. Thankfully, this decision is quite easier than almost any other one for me; a tough one is what to have for lunch at home or otherwise.

On 9/8/2023 at 9:20 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

Not that any other board member should care, and very likely do not, but I'm undecided whether to renew my CGC membership that expired on September 5, 2023, due primarily to the continuous QC issues although I have been on a run of good fortune with QC. Thankfully, this decision is quite easier than almost any other one for me; a tough one is what to have for lunch at home or otherwise.

I can say with 100% certainty that you would not be the first.  It's pretty obvious that the current owners do not care about QC, or that the lack of it is driving customers away. I think that, at this point, we can only hope that the current owners sell the company to people who do care. And soon.