• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2024 at 4:42 PM, SpineTic said:

The most interesting part of this video is everything but the girl. 

Watch everything and everyone in the background...

@0:18sec dude at a desk looking at a book and a keyboard, upright box, stack of books, two blurred screens (propietary info?) but that desk is so cramped to be looking at a book/grading. 

Look at the other desk @0:20sec right before she comes into frame - piles of books and slabs, with one stack actually hanging off the desk by a couple inches with larger items or slabs piled on top of smaller books without slabs. 

Look at the stacks on the other desks @0:34sec how cramped it all is, boxes laying on their tall side with a sloping stack of slabs laying flat on top of each other.

Dude in IM t-shirt @1:42 taking a book out of the bag at a crowded desk with a keyboard and no space to lay the book flat.  

Yikes. 

It looks like my own desk at home with piles and stuff xD but I guess I was expecting something different there. 

I don't know what I would be expecting, imagining there'd be a lot more space to keep books and space for grading and doing their work at their desks. I dunno. 

Edited by jcjames

I can't believe that I got suckered into watching that review lol

Spoiler

"It's all staged?" Its called acting and not professionally, of course it is staged, and yet they tried to have fun with it. I guess he is too dry in sensibilities. 

No one gets paid to grade except at slabbing companies and "maybe" LCS's , where they need to price something. I've always thought the shop owner would do that but I suppose he or she could pay someone in store and then stand behind it like mycomicshop does. What they meant, imo, is probably there is no definitive criteria that is universally accepted like in say sports or a legal field or some such.

This is all just my opinion, she got her "experience" by helping her mom with comics, which she admitted isn't a "professional nor paid gig", I certainly don't get paid for it (thank God!)

I get what she meant by eye appeal as well, which has been stated numerous times similarly on the boards, and sometimes referred to as the "feel" of the comic.

In short I believed cgc video was more genuine than the youtubers "hot take" ???

To get subscribers.

And yet a more younger vibe for cgc to try and reestablish branding?

bold-commentary.gif

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/29/2024 at 10:24 PM, comeaux said:

WOW ! This is CGC lol I figured it was bad, just not this bad. 

the natives are restless 

I agree not good PR. I get cgc's sentiment. I think maybe the writing of the "answers" was a little too personable compared to a corporate attitude. I do think it was genuine, but not the hype machine we're used too, and a bit plain.

I get it. Might not be the best but CGC 's vid was way less stale than the YouTuber, and I don't think it'll matter much. Imo or to my sensibility :cheers:

I don't feel the need to please as a YouTuber either, and that's probably why lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/29/2024 at 11:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I agree not good PR. I get cgc's sentiment. I think maybe the writing of the "answers" was a little too personable compared to a corporate attitude. I do think it was genuine, but not the hype machine we're used too, and a bit plain.

I get it. Might not be the best but CGC 's vid was way less stale than the YouTuber, and I don't think it'll matter much. Imo or to my sensibility :cheers:

I don't feel the need to please as a YouTuber either, and that's probably why lol

Can you please post a link to CGC's video? I prefer to watch it without "commentary" from one of the more nauseating You Tubers. 

On 4/29/2024 at 10:51 PM, Stefan_W said:

Can you please post a link to CGC's video? I prefer to watch it without "commentary" from one of the more nauseating You Tubers. 

I only know it from Facebook, and I'm not sensible enough to post videos from there to here, sorry. :sorry: 

I could post it's link but unless you have or use Facebook then idk that  the video would work, otherwise you can look there for yourself.

The only thing I found cringe by the video (not trying to be hip myself but the only way I know to describe it) is that lol she seemed to try to be hip, and was humble enough to pull it off, but she seemed just too nervous and it wasn't natural 

Which imo is where the YouTuber tries to make something out of nothing  :shy:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/29/2024 at 11:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I only know it from Facebook, and I'm not sensible enough to post videos from there to here, sorry. :sorry: I could post it's link but unless you have or use Facebook then idk vid wouldn't work, otherwise you can look there for yourself.

The only thing I found cringe by the video (not trying to be hip myself but the only way I know to describe it) is that lol she seemed to try to be hip, and was humble enough to pull it off just too nervous wasn't natural 

Which imo is where the YouTuber tries to make something out of nothing  :shy:

Ah ok, Facebook - I guess that is why it did not turn up when I was searching You Tube. (:

So I just finished watching the video and I really enjoyed it. Not sure what people are beefing about but I guess it will always be something for a chunk of the message board crowd. I loved being able to put a face to a grader and to learn more about her, and I hope they do more videos like this in the future. 

On 4/29/2024 at 11:03 PM, Stefan_W said:

Ah ok, Facebook - I guess that is why it did not turn up when I was searching You Tube. (:

So I just finished watching the video and I really enjoyed it. Not sure what people are beefing about but I guess it will always be something for a chunk of the message board crowd. I loved being able to put a face to a grader and to learn more about her, and I hope they do more videos like this in the future. 

I agree it came off as sincere, humble, and personable.

The YouTuber makes something out of nothing.

Although to simply say this cgc video is "not like others" is fairly obvious, idk that YouTube can go on a rampage with it. Ie the "natives are restless" nor if it is only this YouTuber.

It didn't matter as much to me, but the story and ideas instead of "fresh" were more, personal and sincere, which I'd feel bad to have that hiring requirement to work at CGC? Idk that CGC can put that in a requirement, but a lot of businesses require to be good with PR, whether on social or other, and in person.

Brave new world. Doing the best we can!