• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

On 3/19/2024 at 11:46 PM, Domo Arigato said:

If only someone could print the above post out and insert it into the shipping managers rectum (so it's close to their brain).  

People spend a lot of time, effort and money to search out copies worthy of sending into CGC...and then CGC sh*ts on them like this. 

A quarter of a century in business....and THIS is the best they can do? 

25 years of "dialing it in"....just to have the last guy in the assembly line say "f**k it".

After that amount of time, this isn't something that should have to be "worked on".  Nobody in shipping throws 5 CGC graded books in a box, mistakenly covers it with a single piece of bubble wrap, and thinks it will be fine.  The person that does that just doesn't give a damn and needs to be shown the door.

On 3/20/2024 at 1:46 AM, Domo Arigato said:

The person that does that just doesn't give a damn and needs to be shown the door.

On 3/20/2024 at 5:38 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

tenor(4).gif.9ef2d401022b53048fde15f9582ee930.gif

On 3/20/2024 at 7:01 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:
On 3/20/2024 at 1:46 AM, Domo Arigato said:

The person that does that just doesn't give a damn and needs to be shown the door.

On 3/20/2024 at 5:38 AM, RockMyAmadeus said:

tenor(4).gif.9ef2d401022b53048fde15f9582ee930.gif

I've brought that up many times in the past. Who is overseeing this nonsense? I thought there were camera's in this facility. How hard would it be to track down who is responsible,  irresponsible for this krap, and toss their azz right out the door with a check stapled to there forehead.

My streak of no MEs has come to an end. Got a shipment back 2 days ago where four books have plastic shards trapped in between the case and the comic, and many slabs have all kinds of scuffing (you can see it in the scan below). 

I contacted customer service and started an ME for the shards, and asked where the lines are currently drawn for scuffing. I know there were changes a while back, but have not had to return anything for scuffing since then so I dont know what current best practices are. 

shard.jpg

Edited by Stefan_W

On 3/29/2024 at 8:21 AM, joeypost said:

I just had a cracked out 9.2 that I CPR’d come back a 3.5 with staples detached and a 3 inch spine split. I’m sure they will blame it on the third party pressing. 

WTF are you serious??

On 3/29/2024 at 9:21 AM, joeypost said:

I just had a cracked out 9.2 that I CPR’d come back a 3.5 with staples detached and a 3 inch spine split. I’m sure they will blame it on the third party pressing. 

Holy cow..

On 3/29/2024 at 9:35 AM, joeypost said:

Very. I’m at CGC this morning and hopefully I can get an audience with someone. 

Did they put the right book in? Wouldn't be the first time....................

On 3/29/2024 at 8:36 AM, Stefan_W said:

My streak of no MEs has come to an end. Got a shipment back 2 days ago where four books have plastic shards trapped in between the case and the comic, and many slabs have all kinds of scuffing (you can see it in the scan below). 

I contacted customer service and started an ME for the shards, and asked where the lines are currently drawn for scuffing. I know there were changes a while back, but have not had to return anything for scuffing since then so I dont know what current best practices are. 

Hi @Stefan_W, sorry about your streak.  I've had to return books for scuffs for the last 18 months or so, and I haven't noticed any recent changes as far as scuffing standards.  The way I look at it is if I were to sell a slab and I have to explain/disclose the scuffing, it's too much.