• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,138 posts in this topic

On 3/29/2024 at 8:24 AM, DR.X said:
On 3/29/2024 at 8:21 AM, joeypost said:

I just had a cracked out 9.2 that I CPR’d come back a 3.5 with staples detached and a 3 inch spine split. I’m sure they will blame it on the third party pressing. 

WTF are you serious??

The more I think about this, I'm wondering if its the same book you submitted. The dif between a cracked 9.2 and what you described, sounds like someone used it as a Swiffer and cleaned a floor with it.

On 3/29/2024 at 5:45 PM, DR.X said:
On 3/29/2024 at 8:24 AM, DR.X said:
On 3/29/2024 at 8:21 AM, joeypost said:

just had a cracked out 9.2 that I CPR’d come back a 3.5 with staples detached and a 3 inch spine split. I’m sure they will blame it on the third party pressing. 

WTF are you serious??

Expand  

The more I think about this, I'm wondering if its the same book you submitted. The dif between a cracked 9.2 and what you described, sounds like someone used it as a Swiffer and cleaned a floor with it.

There were such similar circumstances as recent as three to four months ago 😭

With the seriousness it can feel like a long time or a while, when it has been only a short period.

It makes me wonder how recent this 9.2 came back spine split 3.5. :makepoint:???

Is my point

The air around here seemed to lighten up or however you spell it. I felt like it was picking back up with the sharper sealed cases or less "mechanical errors" being mentioned.

But idk that it has been consistently good to alleviate anything.

Especially if the knock to 3.5 was last week recent. Even three to four months doesn't seem consistent enough for that drop from 9.2!  :cry:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/29/2024 at 6:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

The air around here seemed to lighten up or however you spell it. I felt like it was picking back up with the sharper sealed cases or less "mechanical errors" being mentioned.

But idk that it has been consistently good to alleviate anything.

Especially if the knock to 3.5 was last week recent. Even three to four months doesn't seem consistent enough for that drop from 9.2!  :cry:

I just got the grade two days ago, so very recent. I’ll post a scan once I get the books. 

On 3/29/2024 at 6:04 PM, joeypost said:

I just got the grade two days ago, so very recent. I’ll post a scan once I get the books. 

Was just a thought that I had, any news will be helpful.

Not that I need it confirmed, but an established presser as yourself and long time boardie, and with cgc currentky having an in house investigation?

I'd hope your word and reputation get you a doorway to Matt Nelson to rectify, espeially given everyones current track record.... and idk, if somehow it sheds some light for him and helps you.

The submitter is probably stressed if a high value, and so on, I hesitated to post because I dont want to pry.

Just hoping for some kind of a return to good faith outcome. Yikes 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/29/2024 at 6:45 PM, DR.X said:

Wait until the part where they tell you they watched the footage of employees handling your book and since they don't see where they F'd it up tough sheet.

On 3/29/2024 at 3:29 PM, NoMan said:

Are you like Harpo Marx now? Do you not talk anymore cause you used to talk a lot....

:shy:

image.thumb.png.9229758629cd1b86dbbd5fef57b1337e.png

:eek:

On 3/29/2024 at 3:29 PM, NoMan said:

you used to talk a lot....

:whatthe: :cry:

Label issues like this seem crazy to me. You can't tell me it would be that hard to update some programming to say something like you can't have a yellow label without "signed by" on it. Or you can't have a blue label when the word restoration appears. This is the low hanging fruit. 

So this is a new one for me.

I sent in a batch of 25 moderns with a 9.8 prescreen.

All books shipped in Gemini Mailers within a shipping box lined with CGC's own honeycomb cardboard and deadspace filled with paper. Safely shipped I think.

The good news 23/25 books came back 9.8.

1 book was rejected but was mailed to me in let's just say, not the condition I sent it in.

I've attached photos of the book last in my position and the condition I received the book in. The top staple is completely detached and the bottom staple is hanging out by dear life.

Is this just a "Sorry, bad luck bro" situation, or does this fall into the mechanical error situation?

I have a video of me unboxing the batch if there's any doubt I damaged the book myself (lol).

fc.jpg

bc.jpg

interior.jpg

top staple.jpg

bottom staple.jpg

spine.jpg

On 4/15/2024 at 5:55 PM, WilliamLunt said:

All books shipped in Gemini Mailers within a shipping box lined with CGC's own honeycomb cardboard and deadspace filled with paper. Safely shipped I think.

1 book was rejected but was mailed to me in let's just say, not the condition I sent it in.

I've attached photos of the book last in my position and the condition I received the book in. The top staple is completely detached and the bottom staple is hanging out by dear life.

Is this just a "Sorry, bad luck bro" situation, or does this fall into the mechanical error situation?

I have a video of me unboxing the batch if there's any doubt I damaged the book myself (lol).

fc.jpg

bc.jpg

interior.jpg

top staple.jpg

bottom staple.jpg

spine.jpg

Yea, the screwed you.

On 4/15/2024 at 5:55 PM, WilliamLunt said:

fc.jpg

bc.jpg

interior.jpg

top staple.jpg

bottom staple.jpg

spine.jpg

From your before and after images, it appears the book was irreparably damaged either during shipment or at CGC. I think you'll need to contact CGC and request the declared value for your book.