• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,136 posts in this topic

Thank you @CGC Mike - I've said it before and will say it again - the customer service side of CGC is great - responsive, courteous and (reasonably) effective, but the QC side leaves a lot to be desired. If the QC side can be improved, it'll be a lot less for the CS side to deal with. :wishluck:

I’m down at the Bay scrolling, scrolling, … wait that’s not right!  A #4 labeled as a #1
CGC or (at $150 ask for a 4.5 I wouldn’t rule out)shenanigans?

IMG_9347.jpeg

Edited by Shazbot

I just got a 5-book magazine submission back.  Right away, I had a bad feeling, because when I picked the box up, the slabs were rattling around inside.  Turns out, the brick of slabs was wrapped in just a single layer of bubble wrap.  This wrap also had a big portion where there were no bubbles because of the perforated area on the wrap.  They also put a single layer of loose bubble wrap underneath, but it also had a big section of no bubbles.  There was no other filler in the box to provide protection. As a result, there was about an inch of space around all sides, and a three inch gap of space at the top, so the books were able to slide and rattle around during the entire trip.  All five slabs had damaged corners because of this lousy packing job.  Every slab had shards of plastic inside as well.  The actual box had no damage, which just tells me that the lack of padding and filler was the problem.

They are going to do a reholder for these, but I am worried I will just get stuck with the same person as before who has no clue how to properly pack slabs.  Does CGC have a way to trace this back to the employee who did the packing?  If so, is there ever any accountability?  Magazine slabs are going to be a lot heavier than comic slabs, and a single layer of bubble wrap with no filler inside is not going to be enough.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Edited by bmalone

On 3/19/2024 at 12:38 PM, bmalone said:

Does CGC have a way to trace this back to the employee who did this?

CGC invoices used to be stamped with something like, "Inspected by #4".  Seems that didn't last too long. 

On 3/19/2024 at 12:38 PM, bmalone said:

I just got a 5-book magazine submission back.  Right away, I had a bad feeling, because when I picked the box up, the slabs were rattling around inside.  Turns out, the brick of slabs was wrapped in just a single layer of bubble wrap.  This wrap also had a big portion where there were no bubbles because of the perforated area on the wrap.  They also put a single layer of loose bubble wrap underneath, but it also had a big section of no bubbles.  There was no other filler in the box to provide protection. As a result, there was about an inch of space around all sides, and a three inch gap of space at the top, so the books were able to slide and rattle around during the entire trip.  All five slabs had damaged corners because of this lousy packing job.  Every slab had shards of plastic inside as well.  The actual box had no damage, which just tells me that the lack of padding and filler was the problem.

They are going to do a reholder for these, but I am worried I will just get stuck with the same person as before who has no clue how to properly pack slabs.  Does CGC have a way to trace this back to the employee who did the packing?  If so, is there ever any accountability?  Magazine slabs are going to be a lot heavier than comic slabs, and a single layer of bubble wrap with no filler inside is not going to be enough.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

That CGC packaged your submission, after happily taking your money, in such an incredibly crappy way is ....

I'll also mention that I, and I imagine many others folks, have received shipments from CGC that contained one slab of 25 that was damaged, as you show or worse. Since the remaining 24 slabs were not damaged, I "assume" that the slab was shipped to me in that condition, especially since the comic books were packaged relatively secure. For what purpose that was done, I'll leave alone for now. All such comic books were ME and, thankfully, arrived undamaged the second time.

On 3/19/2024 at 11:46 PM, Domo Arigato said:
On 3/19/2024 at 9:38 AM, bmalone said:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Expand  

If only someone could print the above post out and insert it into the shipping managers rectum (so it's close to their brain).  

People spend a lot of time, effort and money to search out copies worthy of sending into CGC...and then CGC sh*ts on them like this. 

A quarter of a century in business....and THIS is the best they can do? 

25 years of "dialing it in"....just to have the last guy in the assembly line say "f**k it".

After that amount of time, this isn't something that should have to be "worked on".  Nobody in shipping throws 5 CGC graded books in a box, mistakenly covers it with a single piece of bubble wrap, and thinks it will be fine.  The person that does that just doesn't give a damn and needs to be shown the door.