• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS : The Force Awakens Dec, 18, 2015

1,516 posts in this topic

Just watched the Blu Ray again.

My new rankings...

1. The Empire Strikes Back****

2. The Force Awakens****

3. A New Hope****

4. Return of the Jedi***

OK, that's all. The Force has been restored to this franchise. (thumbs u

Mine:

1. ROTJ

2. TFA

3. ESB

4. ANH

5. ROTS

6. TPM

7. AOTC

Just watched the Blu Ray again.

My new rankings...

1. The Empire Strikes Back****

2. The Force Awakens****

3. A New Hope****

4. Return of the Jedi***

OK, that's all. The Force has been restored to this franchise. (thumbs u

Mine:

1. ROTJ

2. TFA

3. ESB

4. ANH

5. ROTS

6. TPM

7. AOTC

What is starting to frustrate me is to see all the bad review youtube videos about people saying TFA is the worst SW movie of all time.

I believe if someone doesn't enjoy TFA they have no soul.

Does TFA mirror ANH of course it does.....and I completely agree why they did that.

I am also sick and tired of hearing people say "oh not another Death Star." My question to them now is, "so you must have hated ROTJ then right?" "Oh you didn't...huh then I am confused then." ha First off Star Killer base was cool as all heck.

Coming from someone who has high expectations and thought the prequels were epic garbage TFA was a massive achievement and I couldnt be happier that the SW movie franchise is back on the right track! (thumbs u

My rankings:

ESB

ANH

TFA

AOTC

ROTS

ROTJ

TPM

TFA would be ranked higher, but it is a redo of a New Hope. Now that I have it on BluRay, there are even more scenes than I remembered in the theater that mirror scenes from a New Hope. It is distracting to watch and hopefully as the years go by I'll be less fixated on the similarities and enjoy the few differences.

I know the prequels get bashed, but I still enjoy AOTC and ROTS better than ROTJ. I can get past the clunky dialogue in the prequels (ANH has some clunky dialogue too), but ROTJ is only good for the Luke versus Emperor/Darth Vader scenes. Over the years, I've even grown to not like the Jabba scenes as much as I use to. The Ewoks have always bugged me and Death Star II (uggh!) But out of all these movies, TPM has aged the worst. It has some great stuff, but it does feel like a chore to watch it.

My rankings:

ESB

ANH

TFA

AOTC

ROTS

ROTJ

TPM

TFA would be ranked higher, but it is a redo of a New Hope. Now that I have it on BluRay, there are even more scenes than I remembered in the theater that mirror scenes from a New Hope. It is distracting to watch and hopefully as the years go by I'll be less fixated on the similarities and enjoy the few differences.

I know the prequels get bashed, but I still enjoy AOTC and ROTS better than ROTJ. I can get past the clunky dialogue in the prequels (ANH has some clunky dialogue too), but ROTJ is only good for the Luke versus Emperor/Darth Vader scenes. Over the years, I've even grown to not like the Jabba scenes as much as I use to. The Ewoks have always bugged me and Death Star II (uggh!) But out of all these movies, TPM has aged the worst. It has some great stuff, but it does feel like a chore to watch it.

I would have ranked A New Hope higher also. But, it was the Special Edition that turned me off to it. I'm not sure what version is in the Library of Congress even.

I never watched any of the trailers, so a lot of it was a surprise. I saw some snippets on tv and heard a few major spoilers, but none of that took away the movie's energy for me. I loved this movie to death, not just as a fan, but a filmgoer in general.

Like Mr. NewWorldOrder said, I couldn't connect to the prequels whatsoever and they left such a sour taste, I ltterally dragged my feet with this one. I actually believed the "magic" was gone from the franchise.

I hear you on RotJedi, but it still registers with me on some level. Granted a lot of it looked like The Muppet Show and it had a major case of sequelitis with another Death Star, but there was this spirit that was there for every frame, that the prequels lacked and only showed up in moments so far in between of one another.

My rankings:

ESB

ANH

TFA

AOTC

ROTS

ROTJ

TPM

I would have ranked A New Hope higher also. But, it was the Special Edition that turned me off to it. I'm not sure what version is in the Library of Congress even.

I never watched any of the trailers, so a lot of it was a surprise. I saw some snippets on tv and heard a few major spoilers, but none of that took away the movie's energy for me. I loved this movie to death, not just as a fan, but a filmgoer in general.

Like Mr. NewWorldOrder said, I couldn't connect to the prequels whatsoever and they left such a sour taste, I ltterally dragged my feet with this one. I actually believed the "magic" was gone from the franchise.

I hear you on RotJedi, but it still registers with me on some level. Granted a lot of it looked like The Muppet Show and it had a major case of sequelitis with another Death Star, but there was this spirit that was there for every frame, that the prequels lacked and only showed up in moments so far in between of one another.

I have kids and their favorite Star Wars movies are the prequels. That is true for most of their friends too. I guess it was easier for me to see those movies through my kids eyes and watch them get caught up in the Star Wars fever like I did back in late 70s, early 80s. They do not like ANH, ESB, and ROTJ as much as the prequels.

I wonder if people here realize that many kids that were 8-14 when the prequels came out prefer those movies over the OT?

And I respect your opinion about the movies, regardless.

Bought/watched TFA Friday evening with my 8 year old daughter (we saw it in theaters also). Afterward, she says it's her favorite movie and she wants to know more of the backstory.

Saturday we watched the entire OT. Awesome!

TFA was fantastic. I don't see how any fan of the series cannot like it. It felt like Star Wars.

Empire is still the best of the group by a good margin. ANH holds up very well, although it would've been fine without the CGI adders.

ROTJ is a great movie as well, except too much Ewok (my daughter loved them though).

She did get a little confused at the beginnings when they have Episode 4, 5, 6, 7 listed. She asked where's 1,2,3? I told her we don't watch those three.

Watching this movie for the first time and Adam Driver's voice does not work with the character he is playing.

Wow that's interesting - I couldn't disagree more. I went in thinking there was no way to make his voice cool but separate from a Vader voice and I loved it. I thought they did such a perfect job with his voice.

Just goes to show, there is such diversity in a fandom this large - must be an impossible job to try and direct these things.

Watching this movie for the first time and Adam Driver's voice does not work with the character he is playing.

Wow that's interesting - I couldn't disagree more. I went in thinking there was no way to make his voice cool but separate from a Vader voice and I loved it. I thought they did such a perfect job with his voice.

Just goes to show, there is such diversity in a fandom this large - must be an impossible job to try and direct these things.

Agree. I like it more upon second viewing that I did initially.

Considering you are just now watching the film for the first time one can assume then you are not a real star wars fan.

IMO Adam Driver made that movie. He is absolutely perfect for that fall from grace character with a little EMO in him.