• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wondering

36 posts in this topic

Not my first choice because keys can stand on their own because, well they are keys. I like to get lesser books SS'd so I can have an authenticated signature of legendary artists. The problem is identifying books that when you got them signed were "lesser" and when movie speculation hit they became keys.

Not my first choice because keys can stand on their own because, well they are keys. I like to get lesser books SS'd so I can have an authenticated signature of legendary artists. The problem is identifying books that when you got them signed were "lesser" and when movie speculation hit they became keys.

:banana:

Aaaaaaand we're off!

:popcorn:

-slym

OK...I'll play.

Anyone that would SS a high grade key has no respect for the hobby or their fellow collectors. That books can survive the ravages of time (and Mom's) in such pristine condition is amazing. These books should be preserved, not defaced. All in the name of the almighty dollar.

It's akin to carving your name into the rocks of Stonehenge. Or spray painting the caves of Maros.

(shrug)

Aaaaaaand we're off!

-slym

OK...I'll play.

Anyone that would SS a high grade key has no respect for the hobby or their fellow collectors. That books can survive the ravages of time (and Mom's) in such pristine condition is amazing. These books should be preserved, not defaced. All in the name of the almighty dollar.

It's akin to carving your name into the rocks of Stonehenge. Or spray painting the caves of Maros.

(shrug)

+1 Whatever happened to a tasteful sig inside the cover?

I guess I just wasn't made for these times.

Aaaaaaand we're off!

-slym

OK...I'll play.

(shrug)

+1 Whatever happened to a tasteful sig inside the cover?

I guess I just wasn't made for these times.

That would require *gasp* opening the book.

Just cause someone is famous does not alter that the book now has writing on the cover

Of course you can do what you want with your books

You can put ketchup on caviar if you want

I just think it's tacky to write on a piece of history

Of course a book signed by Thomas Jefferson is different.

A comic book signed by thomas jefferson is still writing on cover and defacing a piece of history