• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,103 posts in this topic

On 2/16/2022 at 2:41 PM, GrasshopperFF said:

I’ve taken the plunge and secured a 7 grade FF 48. Here’s to more to come!! The GPAnalysis info is a very good tool. Thanks for that info. Also: I purchased a smaller valued book from Dale Roberts Comics. Decent experience. Does anyone have experience with icomicexchange (ice)? I have not yet purchased, but the prices look reasonable. 

Forgive the pic if it’s taboo here. Wanted to document the day!

3E182120-30C3-4ADD-8803-A2E4C8EE9744.jpeg

Very cool setting there man! Very cool everything...and the shirt too 🤟. I'm so paranoid I couldn't have a slab out in the sun even for a moment lol.

Well anyway as for south Florida, the last time we had serious cold was early 2010 when my car froze over in the morning. It was quite a memorable experience. 

On 2/19/2022 at 5:01 PM, alexgross.com said:

i'm all in on this last sentence. silver surfer 1, which is obviously not his first appearance, is tier 1 to me as it has a major opportunity to explode if he is developed as so many of us hope he will be at some point. and it's just one of the best covers ever imho. full disclosure, i own many copies of ss1.

I agree. SS1 cover is stunning, 1 of the best!... I put DS169 in the same category.  It's 1 of the best covers ever and without question, the BEST of all Dr Strange's :sumo:

On 2/21/2022 at 11:12 AM, GAMBIT said:

I agree. SS1 cover is stunning, 1 of the best!... I put DS169 in the same category.  It's 1 of the best covers ever and without question, the BEST of all Dr Strange's :sumo:

I agree on the DS169 point. Pretty sure I overpaid for a 9.2 grade. Purchased a total of 6 comic books now and that was one of them. I too like the cover a lot. And the character. Psychedelic Dr Strange has a seat at the Big Boy table. (Caveat: I’m still new to this). 
Edit: SS1 is another of my 6, so perhaps I’m doing something right?!

Edited by GrasshopperFF

On 2/21/2022 at 11:39 AM, GrasshopperFF said:

I agree on the DS169 point. Pretty sure I overpaid for a 9.2 grade. Purchased a total of 6 comic books now and that was one of them. I too like the cover a lot. And the character. Psychedelic Dr Strange has a seat at the Big Boy table. (Caveat: I’m still new to this). 
Edit: SS1 is another of my 6, so perhaps I’m doing something right?!

in a couple weeks that over paid 9.2 will look pretty good B|.  Dr Strange is has a permanent seat at the big boys table ... imho

On 2/19/2022 at 5:01 PM, alexgross.com said:

i'm all in on this last sentence. silver surfer 1, which is obviously not his first appearance, is tier 1 to me as it has a major opportunity to explode if he is developed as so many of us hope he will be at some point. and it's just one of the best covers ever imho. full disclosure, i own many copies of ss1.

Hey Alex, I am curious, what's the highest grade copy you own, and do any have white pages?  I believe we've talked about this before, but white pages on #1 are very hard to come by.  I am now sitting on a completed 9.6 run of #1-18 and had to settle for OW/W on the #1.

FF46 9.2 just had a blowout auction on HA Sunday night somewhere around 3700. Some other stuff I was tracking was on high side but nothing way out like that. Unless something happened recently on Clink that's more than double recent GPA FMV. 

Edited by MGsimba77

Watching eBay for price patterns on FF48, 7 graded and up. Today 2 sellers listed 8 books, 4 each, w very nice grades. Why would a seller list so many at once? Interested to see how these go over the next 9 days. 

Upon further review: There are several high graded Hulk 181s and DS 169s. 2 other books I’ve been tracking. Love-my-cottages and Fogmodels are the sellers. Both from the UK. #marketflood #whyallatonce?

Edited by GrasshopperFF

On 2/26/2022 at 9:01 AM, GrasshopperFF said:

Watching eBay for price patterns on FF48, 7 graded and up. Today 2 sellers listed 8 books, 4 each, w very nice grades. Why would a seller list so many at once? Interested to see how these go over the next 9 days. 

Allot of dealers will get multiple copies of books and put them up for sale right away. No reason to hold stock back when the demand out weighs the supply. 

On 2/26/2022 at 11:34 PM, KCOComics said:

Allot of dealers will get multiple copies of books and put them up for sale right away. No reason to hold stock back when the demand out weighs the supply. 

And just like that all of those beautiful, highly graded books have been removed from eBay. That was odd. So much interesting and head-scratching stuff happens in this hobby. Guy on eBay sends me a note, with one of my purchases, explaining all the good books he has and wants to sell me outside of eBay. Hmmmm. Not smart. I’ve seen lots of posts on FaceBook where scammers are involved.  Almost daily. Still loving it though. Picked up a Hulk 181 in a 7.5 grade. No more purchases for me for a while! 

On 2/26/2022 at 11:34 PM, KCOComics said:

If its the same sales im thinking about.  its 100% a scammer who's been hacking different accounts over the past couple weeks. listing multiple copies of all the big SA keys with starting bids of $1 and "BIN" prices in his listing (for UNDER going rate).     he'll nab a couple victims who still fall for these weak ebay scams.   ???

On 2/27/2022 at 11:09 AM, GAMBIT said:

If its the same sales im thinking about.  its 100% a scammer who's been hacking different accounts over the past couple weeks. listing multiple copies of all the big SA keys with starting bids of $1 and "BIN" prices in his listing (for UNDER going rate).     he'll nab a couple victims who still fall for these weak ebay scams.   ???

Ahhh, I guess I haven't been paying that close of attention! Thanks for pointing this out and I hope I  didn't mislead anyone. 

On 2/27/2022 at 10:09 AM, GAMBIT said:

Yeah it’s probably that same hacker scammer.  Easy way to see is the second picture has contact info and says do not bid.  

On 2/27/2022 at 11:09 AM, GAMBIT said:

Good to know, and, yes, that sounds very similar to what I saw yesterday.