• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comprehensive List of DC Universe Logo UPC Variants
18 18

2,162 posts in this topic

On 5/30/2021 at 12:17 AM, Parallax2025 said:

Hello all! 

Noob question, I'm just getting started with my DCU logo quest, super happy for my haul so far. I didn't know about the Batman logo and Zero Hour logo variants until just now finding this thread (so many books to find!). 

Are the Batman logo and Zero Hour logo books as expensive as some of the DCU logo books? Curious to think about tracking those down too but sort of nervous, if they are going to crazy expensive I might have to just stick to hunting DCU.

PXL_20210530_021544090.jpg

PXL_20210523_172320058.jpg

That's a good haul you got there.  I believe the Batman 514, Batman 515, and Superman 100 are among the harder to find.  

5 minutes ago, Parallax2025 said:

Question, does Detective Comics #674 actually have 2 versions? 

I was reading CBSI's article and it mentions Detective Comics "674 has two versions" but I've scoured the webs trying to find what the 2nd version looks like and I don't see any examples. 

Mine looks like this:

Anyone know of a 2nd version by chance? 

674.jpg

this is the mcs version, 1st print

606349.jpg

4 hours ago, Parallax2025 said:

I was reading CBSI's article and it mentions Detective Comics "674 has two versions" but I've scoured the webs trying to find what the 2nd version looks like and I don't see any examples. 

Mine looks like this:

674.jpg

Or even a third version, if you consider newsstand to be different 

88CD762F-8140-46A8-B4FA-141E207315D6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Parallax2025 said:

My bad, what I meant was that it mentions there are 2 DCU logo versions.  I'm having a hard time confirming what the 2nd DCU logo version looks like or if it exists? 

I think the other version is a stickered one. I don't have any pics unfortunately.

15 hours ago, Parallax2025 said:

Mine looks like this:

674.jpg

This comes from a discussion earlier in the thread about several that have different notes in the indica. Detective Comics 674 has one that the indica reads Collector's Pack 1st Print and the other is unmarked 1st print. 20210617_115613.thumb.jpg.e1339f1fbee3b694738927ab000c96a4.jpg

57 minutes ago, Parallax2025 said:

@onlyweaknesskryptonite thank you!
so the rabbit hole gets even deeper than just cover and now have to check the indica too!

I checked my copy and it's "Collectors Pack First Printing" so I'll have to keep an eye out for the "First Printing" one.

You are welcome, but the discussion about these indica is across a few pages, but that list and specifics are on page 48 courtesy of @Warlord  who deserves the credit for that list. :golfclap: 

39 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Last and certainly not least.... :news:

Another undiscovered issue!!!!!

Animaniacs #14 !

20210619_174504.thumb.jpg.ed447e23a6fbb992d0f8f155d5c95aa2.jpg

That's the one I eyed in comics general lol

I loved the animaniacs anything that makes them collectible I'm all for 

:tink: