• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies/TV/Video Games Subforum General Discussion Thread
7 7

516 posts in this topic

On 8/21/2021 at 7:35 AM, media_junkie said:

Not comic book related, but how in the world am I just now discovering "Always Sunny in Philidelphia" on Hulu.  I'm halfway through the first season and my sides are killing me from laughing.

I'm telling you. Between Hulu and HBO Max, you cannot go wrong.

But with Always Sunny, some of the best episodes that I laugh every time I see them are:

• Season 14, Episode 10, 'Waiting for Big Mo': You learn about Rutherford B. Crazy and his invention of the laser tag reward the Fun Zone Dolla Dolla Bills.
  • Season 14, episode 5, 'The Gang Text': We learn while visiting the zoo how to appropriately mock someone via phone texting emojis.
  • Season 14, Episode 1, 'The Gang Gets Romantic': Mac and Dennis sublet their apartment as an airbnb to pick up foreign girls visiting the USA.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

Sandwich.thumb.jpg.d7c29b04f611316fb1bc406419116b48.jpg

Yes. They were the first to notice the discrepancy in the Subway footlong, I believe. Well-trained enforcers.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Interesting recent news about the solving of the Zodiac Killer.

Ruffalo chimed in on Twitter about the news that the real Zodiac Killer has been caught, citing that he's "been down this road before," referring to his work in Fincher's film. "They made a movie about it," he said, referencing the film, and offers his feeling that maybe the latest suspect is correct, and maybe it's not. "Every few years someone says they figured it out. Let's hope they got the guy," he said. As the Zodiac film examines, there are many possibilities and overlapping evidence that creates more and more confusion and doubt on the many suspects that have popped up throughout the long, and seemingly still unsolved, mystery of who the real Zodiac Killer is.

By the way, folks have gone back to check the history of the person identified as the Zodiac Killer. Turns out he had some interesting feedback on serial killer movies.

zodiac_killer01.thumb.jpg.47d43d5186131a6974d43d02eb424a48.jpg

zodiac_killer02.thumb.jpg.6a510854a26d1e771c5a0211977bf8af.jpg

"Ted Bundy is wildly overrated"

:whatthe: :fear:

@Buzzetta

http___cdn_cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_211008065505-01-lego-titanic-replica.thumb.jpg.4e74fd5cf06c0bcc531f299fc9e4909f.jpg

Made up of 9,090 pieces, the replica model divides into three sections to reveal the interior of the ill-fated vessel, including the first-class grand staircase, which sprawls over six decks, as well as a Jacobean-style dining saloon and the engine room.

The LEGO ship is a 1:200 scale model and also includes a recreation of the ship's bridge, promenade deck and swimming pool.

"At the time of its launch the Titanic was the pinnacle of nautical engineering, the largest moving vehicle ever created. It has been an incredible journey to recreate this iconic vessel from LEGO bricks, using blueprints created over a century ago," Mike Psiaki, design master at the LEGO Group, said in a statement Thursday.

"Designing the LEGO Titanic with such a focus on immense detail and scale, but also accuracy, has allowed us to create one of the most challenging building experiences to date," he added.

The set won't come cheap though: Available for pre-order from November 1 and general sale from November 8, the ship will retail at $629.99.

On 10/8/2021 at 10:07 AM, Bosco685 said:

lol So I saw this late last night and immediately Facetimed my mom.  My uncle who was definitely a defining figure in my young life died at 37 when I was 13.    He introduced me to comics and sci fi / Star Trek but also shared my fascination with Lego.  I quickly sent her the image through text and asked her, "What would Uncle Larry have done with this?"

We both laughed at the same time as we said, he would have built it in two to 'sink' it.  

At 4ft long though it is a set that I think will occupy a little too much  real estate to be put on display.    I love it though.  It is something you would see in a museum when you see certain places contract out the Lego master builders to construct an introduction piece to welcome guests. 

Keep sharing this stuff.  Even I have already seen it, it's great for the boards to see that Lego is not just for kids but something for adults to sit back, relax and enjoy. 

On 10/8/2021 at 10:43 AM, Buzzetta said:

Keep sharing this stuff.  Even I have already seen it, it's great for the boards to see that Lego is not just for kids but something for adults to sit back, relax and enjoy. 

The Batman movie LEGO sets are pending (and trending (: ).

LEGO_Batman.thumb.jpg.0ea6435e75b08407cece870d4fcdc09a.jpg

I got a prescreen pass to couple of movies, so I'll post here to brag lol

If I get in, and since I didn't see a thread for them...

Tuesday- Halloween the city try killing Michael Myers

Following Tuesday

Dune

:tink: