• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movies/TV/Video Games Subforum General Discussion Thread
7 7

516 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2022 at 7:30 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Will Microsofts purchase of Activision/Blizzard for nearly 70 billion allow them to have Call of Duty as an Xbox exclusive going forward?  

Super aggressive, strong arm tactic.  

I don't think that they're spending $70 billion to cut ties with more than half of the console revenue.

Plus, IIRC, Sony has a contract through 2025 for Call of Duty exclusives (Missions, blueprints, etc).

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

May as well post this here too. Last year's top post 20 best sellers, USA only, per the criteria listed. Awesome seeing Mortal Kombat 11, a 2019 game, still hitting the list. That's pretty good for a fighting game with no new content for well over a year. 

PLgFaBF.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/PLgFaBF.jpeg    <- For if you want a larger version. 

On 1/20/2022 at 12:30 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

Will Microsofts purchase of Activision/Blizzard for nearly 70 billion allow them to have Call of Duty as an Xbox exclusive going forward?  

Super aggressive, strong arm tactic.  

Hopefully they’ll eventually allow PS versions to appear.  Games such as Doom, Elder Scrolls and COD are tempting, multi-system cash cows. Timed exclusives, released elsewhere much later down the line?

Edited by Ken Aldred

Old dolls freak me out. Dolls in general freak me out. When I was a teenager my family went away for the weekend, and I was allowed to stay home by myself for the first time ever. I'd been out playing my usual sports mix, so didn't get home until well after dark. 

It was storming, and the power was out. I walked through the kitchen, and had a peek into the lounge. Just as I looked, lightning struck and illuminated said loungeroom, and I see a toddler standing there, back to me, in a peekaboo pose. 

I freak the hell out, and just run out the house. There's no good reason anyone should be in the house, other than me, let alone a bloody toddler. Then, after I calmed down, I realised what had happened. My mother was (still is) big into arts and crafts. The big thing at that time was making the human sized toddler dolls in various poses, such as, you guessed it, a peekaboo pose, fully dressed up and everything. 

I walked back in the house, furious at myself and the doll, picked up the doll, and threw it in the sewing room, and closed the door, so it was sealed off from the rest of the house for my time 'alone' (I was a teenager, I actually had a girl over, so sue me). But even now I'm scared of dolls and will never forget that night, sitting in the dark, stewing over my own panicking, all from that stupid toddler doll. 

Finally!

The Handmaid's Tale Season 5 Is A Wild Ride, Says Elisabeth Moss

Per TVLine, Moss teases that The Handmaid's Tale season 5 will be a wild ride. Moss reveals the next installment will have an incredible amount of activity in its episodes. Speaking on season 5 in its entirety, Moss says it's been challenging to keep up with everything that happens. Read what Moss said on The Handmaid's Tale season 5 below:

"I will say that the season itself is possibly one of the wilder rides that we’ve had. We’ve definitely had some seasons [where], you know, a lot happens. Some seasons, not as much happens. I almost can’t keep up...and it’s not lip service. I truly mean I almost can’t keep up with the amount of activity that’s happening."