• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

it's been 50 YEARS...show us your books from 1965!

231 posts in this topic

The year is coming swiftly to a close, so here's one I just picked up a couple of days ago. Tom Moore posted a nice CGC copy of this back on page one but here's one free of the slab. :grin:

JIM120%20Sep65F_zpsi6bxipa7.jpg

:cloud9:

.... I picked up a sweet copy for a bargain from DavidtheDavid recently ..... this is one of the first books I ever got through mail order ....... cost 50 cents and Overstreet didn't even exist yet...... I'll ALWAYS love this comic. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The year is coming swiftly to a close, so here's one I just picked up a couple of days ago. Tom Moore posted a nice CGC copy of this back on page one but here's one free of the slab. :grin:

.... I picked up a sweet copy for a bargain from DavidtheDavid recently ..... this is one of the first books I ever got through mail order ....... cost 50 cents and Overstreet didn't even exist yet...... I'll ALWAYS love this comic. GOD BLESS...

It has the Brigette Barbot cameo.

Bardot%20JIM%20120_zpsff8dfidp.jpg

Bardot%2027152_zpswtzxvcpf.jpg

It has the Brigette Barbot cameo.

Bardot%20JIM%20120_zpsff8dfidp.jpg

Bardot%2027152_zpswtzxvcpf.jpg

Nice books. I must admit your non-mainstream books have inspired me to look a bit more carefully at the other publishers of comic books.

I picked up a couple of old Dells (Space Men and Voyage to the Deep) and a Charlton (The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves) and a Gold Key (Space Family Robinsons) a couple of days back and, once I get them scanned, I'll try to find the appropriate thread to post them in.

I took a page out of your book in that it was the condition that sold me on the books. Any old comic book in great condition is a good book to own -- especially the one's you don't see often -- or ever. :grin:

Any old comic book in great condition is a good book to own -- especially the one's you don't see often -- or ever. :grin:

Very true! It's always great to see a scan of a nice comic that never shows up as a wall book at comic shops. Seeing those seldom displayed comics is one of the things that makes this site interesting.

:)