• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Some great Disney items, which are my favorites! That MM pinback is a real beauty as is the set of NOMA lights in that beautiful box--it's one of the nicest sets that I've seen. There are so many great Disney Christmas items that I'm sure we will see more.

Sorry to interrupt Christmas, but did you ever find these? RDs with Anti-comic book articles?

7th story down the list:

9ib5zp.jpg

2nd story down the list:

1jvrl3.jpg

Yes, I did have them but made copies and gave the originals to another SOTI collector years ago. In the late '70's my self and a fellow named Robert Nastasi (currently has a comic shop in upstate New York I think), were collecting censhorship books like crazy. We sent a TON of info to Bob Overstreet. After a few years, I got a little bored with it.

18 days until Christmas...

And since Ameri was so good to post his beautiful Mickey Mouse light set, I might as well post mine. It is the same as his but has twice the amount of lights and was made in Great Britain at the same time.

mickeyxmaslites_zpsskiw6yso.jpg

Pence copy!

This one is my favorite. It just portrays the mood and spirit of the holidays.You can just fill the chill. Kelly Freas, in my opinion did the most iconic covers. Way more so than Norman Mingo who is known as the top MAD cover artist. He ain't no slouch either but Kelly's covers just had "that look" for me.

mad44a_zps1gdlsgso.jpg

mad44b_zpss74cdcxe.jpg

18 days until Christmas...

And since Ameri was so good to post his beautiful Mickey Mouse light set, I might as well post mine. It is the same as his but has twice the amount of lights and was made in Great Britain at the same time.

mickeyxmaslites_zpsskiw6yso.jpg

Pence copy!

I do like those Mickey Mouse lights and those Christmas Parade issues. I just transferred this over from the group shot thread.

6990287767_711c3082c8_b.jpg

This one is my favorite. It just portrays the mood and spirit of the holidays.You can just fill the chill. Kelly Freas, in my opinion did the most iconic covers. Way more so than Norman Mingo who is known as the top MAD cover artist. He ain't no slouch either but Kelly's covers just had "that look" for me.

mad44a_zps1gdlsgso.jpg

mad44b_zpss74cdcxe.jpg

That is one of the few Mad covers that I have. I haven't seen the flip-side in so long that I didn't remember the gender switch backcover. :o

15 days to Christmas...

Here's something you guys have probably never seen. These are call "Psycho Ceramics" they were made by the Kress pottery company in the late 1950's/early 1960's. They are real weird organic humorous characters. At one time I had over 100 different but sold most of them. I kept these two Christmas ones.

christmaspsychoceramics_zpsmoicwntl.jpg

Is the grease pencil a pedigree thing? Ever try a silk or nylon stocking for removing arrival dates,or overachieving archives collector's secret library inventory system alphanumeric embellishments? I've seen cactus stickers removed, using them as well when running the material over the pricked area. The replaced fan belts are a MacGyver trick. Fish nets don't work as well, but the field work can be rewarding. Or is this trespassing into restoration concerns?