• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Bob, it was great seeing you at the show!  You are the real life Diver Dan.

SportThrills15f2c_zps2twdbpxt.jpg

It's pretty hard to find LB Coles that nice Andy. It was great box diving with you at Harley's booth. And thanks for showing me all that cool Schomburg stuff. You really should post that album cover and book. Something these guys (like me) have never seen.

On 4/2/2017 at 1:19 PM, Robot Man said:

Not much I can say to this so here it is...

IMG_0673_zpsrsujvllm.jpg

Love knows no bounds! (Anyway, "The Monsters are such interesting people":D  )

Great report, as always RM! 'Window shopping commences' 

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Wow awesome copy with incredible color! Those sports pulps are sure underrated I think!

Yeah, at ten to twenty bucks a piece, it's tough to find a better per capita pop culture wallop than the pulps.

(And trust me, I've tried a LOT! Roadside postcards, vintage board games, B-movie posters, soda bottles... Man, junk rules, doesn't it? :headbang:)

Edited by PopKulture

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Lookie what the mail man brought me today just in time for the first week of baseball?

comsuperman60_zps0czmdrh9.jpg

:cloud9:

..... this and 66 are two of my favorites..... I love the '50 to '52 period of the title. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Sweet pick-up, Robot Man. It never ceases to amaze me how under-utilized Supe's powers were on so many of these early covers. There was so much light-hearted fare, when comics were still fun, lllooonnngggg before comics got all dark and serious.